Cycle 1 Progress!

Options

Replies

• Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 239
    End of cycle 1 weight: 226

I'm actually thinking about abandoning 17DD and going back to eating 1500 calories each day (trying to eat completely clean) and working out 45-60 mins at least 4 times per week. Even though i lost 13 lbs in 17 days....I do NOT feel good at all. I'm not hungry and not eating enough calories. It's great...I'm only eating three meals per day essentially and not hungry....but barely eating 900 calories per day and just feel tired and weak.

I'm thinking I'll try one more week on cycle 2 and will only do workouts on higher calories days.

I have been feeling tired and weak as well. That is why they say to exercise just 17 minutes I guess. I am hoping that Cycle 2 and adding some starches in will give me more energy, because I have struggled to lose weight for so long, and I have lost 10.2 pounds in just a little over 3 weeks. I am taking a multivitamin, Omega 3 and Calcium (because I had two major surguries last year and need really strong bones right now). Have those of you who have been on Cycle 2 longer than me feel more engery from adding the starches? How are you all doing?
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 239
    End of cycle 1 weight: 226

I'm actually thinking about abandoning 17DD and going back to eating 1500 calories each day (trying to eat completely clean) and working out 45-60 mins at least 4 times per week. Even though i lost 13 lbs in 17 days....I do NOT feel good at all. I'm not hungry and not eating enough calories. It's great...I'm only eating three meals per day essentially and not hungry....but barely eating 900 calories per day and just feel tired and weak.

I'm thinking I'll try one more week on cycle 2 and will only do workouts on higher calories days.

I have been feeling tired and weak as well. That is why they say to exercise just 17 minutes I guess. I am hoping that Cycle 2 and adding some starches in will give me more energy, because I have struggled to lose weight for so long, and I have lost 10.2 pounds in just a little over 3 weeks. I am taking a multivitamin, Omega 3 and Calcium (because I had two major surguries last year and need really strong bones right now). Have those of you who have been on Cycle 2 longer than me feel more engery from adding the starches? How are you all doing?
    I am finding it hard on active days to keep up with the plan. But I found it so hard to lose weight and I have that I will try to stick with it through Cycle 2. I wonder how many people who signed up for this group are still actively following the plan.
  • LisaLou009
    LisaLou009 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cycle 1 over. 11.8 pounds lost. On to Cycle 2.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Cycle 1 over. 11.8 pounds lost. On to Cycle 2.

Good Luck !!! Being able to add other foods every other day has made such a difference.
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    I started off so well and then crashed and burned. It wasn't pretty. I am starting Cycle 1 over.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I started off so well and then crashed and burned. It wasn't pretty. I am starting Cycle 1 over.

Let me (not) tell you what I ate yesterday.!!! Went out for coffee with a friend and OH MY :noway: ! I heard Dr. Mike talk and he said, if you have a bad day just up your exercise the next day and keep on with the cycle you are on.

Good Luck with you journey!! Look forward to your posts.:flowerforyou:
  • CU2008
    CU2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 1 without any slip ups and I am already down 1.8 lbs :) (Goal is 8-10 lbs in Cycle 1) Bring on Day 2...Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • CU2008
    Options
    Made it through C1D2. I really wanted pizza last night but decided against it and went for a walk instead (NSV)! Taking it one day at a time and hoping I can stay on track for the weekend:)

Also, I weighed in again this morning (I am one that needs to weigh daily to keep me on track) and I lost another 3.6 lbs (total of 5.4 in 2 days)! Come on Day 3...

Good look everyone during the weekend. If you are like me, the weekends can wreck my healthy eating plans!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    wishing you a successful weekend :smile:
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    Okay, so about 3 weeks ago I got a Fitbit. I love it by the way. One thing that it has showed me is how SEDENTARY that I am right now. It is kind of scary!!!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow serious congratulations on reaching prepregnancy! Evey time I get close I blow it lol, been trying for years!!!
  • CU2008
    Options
    My weekend was not perfect. I had trouble getting in the water, green tea and the probotics this weekend. But I got right back on track Monday and I am starting C1D6 and have already lost 8.6 pounds! I have never had this much energy or felt this good :)

How was everyone elses weekend?
  • CU2008
    Options
    Wymama - WTG on your weight loss!
  • moveitmoveit
    moveitmoveit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on cycle 3 now- and for those who are getting really tired on c1 and c2- up the protein. Seriously. I was a little tired at the midpoint of C1, but after I doubled up on making sure I ate enough protein, I didn't feel anything like as tired- and I feel fantastic now. I've lost 10 pounds overall, and only another 8 to go. I haven't seen the big drops like most people, but it's been a steady descent- and I've lost a ton of inches.

I start cycle 1 again in 12 days I think, and while it'll be hard to give up my starches again- I know that once I make it through, this is something I can live with for the rest of my life.

One thing to note- I'm not seriously working out either. The last month my family has been down with the flu, and the weather was nasty so no walks or much else in the way of cardio. Dr. Mike does stress(a lot!) that this diet does not allow you enough calories to strenuously work out. I've started back into my strength training this cycle, and while I'm not tired, my appetite is definitely back. Maybe for those that are really active that might be something to think about...?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Moveit that's a great idea about the protein. I ended up adding 2oz of cheese a day last C1, just to keep my cals above 1000, but I only lost around 6 lbs, and I am sure that was the reason. This time I am going to snack on chicken breast!
  • sfunk10
    Options
    Today is day 3. I'm really excited about this but by the end of the day yesterday I couldn't hold my head up. And I'm hardly ever tired. I cut my workout back to about 50 minutes but I'm wondering if I'm only supposed to work out for 17 minutes??? No weight loss yet and a tough headache. My only cheat was a Diet Coke yesterday (did help the headache!) Any advice?? It helped to read all the good stuff everybody has posted!
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I gotta get back into it...I have fallen off the wagon...but...haven't gained...So back to it...of course that's what I said last week...NEED SOME MOTIVATION!!!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Your message is me!!!!! The fact I have not gained is encouraging. I will wait until after by birthday next week and begin again.

Good luck!!!
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    Today is day 3. I'm really excited about this but by the end of the day yesterday I couldn't hold my head up. And I'm hardly ever tired. I cut my workout back to about 50 minutes but I'm wondering if I'm only supposed to work out for 17 minutes??? No weight loss yet and a tough headache. My only cheat was a Diet Coke yesterday (did help the headache!) Any advice?? It helped to read all the good stuff everybody has posted!

I was very tired in Cyce 1 as well. It is my understanding that because the carbs are restricted, you need to cut your workout back if you are going to follow the plan very closely. Maybe the hot green tea at breakfast and lunch will keep the headaches at bay. It sounds like a caffeine headache. The tea needs to be hot though.

Here is a bit baout the benefits of green tea:

"In addition to its antioxidant benefits, green tea is a superfood that stimulates and improves digestion, serves as a natural diuretic and promotes weight loss. Green tea is still most commonly consumed as a hot tea but is also available as concentrated extracts, in capsules and in skin-care products. Its cleansing and disease-fighting benefits support a healthy digestive tract and a healthy body."

I get a raspberry flavored green tea bag. It is quite delicious! I am starting Cycle 1 over today. I lost 11 pounds on it the first go around but went off of the diet. I am back on today. It has been 2 hours and 45 minutes and I am doing great! HA HA HA!
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    I gotta get back into it...I have fallen off the wagon...but...haven't gained...So back to it...of course that's what I said last week...NEED SOME MOTIVATION!!!

I am right there with you!!!!! Starting over with new determination today. I am my own worst enemy!