Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatHaveIdun
    Options
    I would love to become part of this challenge... I am definitely scared because I want to be successful and haven't been to successful at weight loss... but here goes nothing

SW 250
    CW 250
    GW 210

I'm sure A LOT of us have been unsuccessful at weight loss, that's why we're all here. Be encouraged, you can do anything you put your mind to. Send out a few friend requests; I can tell you, seeing their progress in your news feed (i.e. how many calories they burned, how many days they've logged in in a row, how many pounds lost) is all the incentive you will need. It makes you want to keep up with everyone else.

Best wishes to you on your weight loss goals. I'm sure you will do great!
    Thank You although I'm still new it has been encouraging to see all the results I just got to keep at it
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Following on from the dates Yana set for the challenge I believe I set mine as 204 for Feb 21.
    Unfortunately I have not met it but i'm OK with that because I finally managed to undo my birthday damage and get back down to 217 today so i'm looking forward to seeing the scale continue going down and the ticker change.

Welcome to all new members hope you find the motivation and support you need. :smile:
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Following on from the dates Yana set for the challenge I believe I set mine as 204 for Feb 21.
    Unfortunately I have not met it but i'm OK with that because I finally managed to undo my birthday damage and get back down to 217 today so i'm looking forward to seeing the scale continue going down and the ticker change.

Welcome to all new members hope you find the motivation and support you need. :smile:

Great job on getting undoing the birthday damage! Keep your head up, 204 will be here before you know it!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I NEVER post this early in the morning, mainly because I'm rushing trying to get ready for work, BUT....this is the first official weigh in day, and surprisingly, I'm down 1 pound, after having weighed in only 3 days ago: my regular day which is Mondays! Now I will note that on Monday when I weighed in, I felt a little bloated, so this pound was probably lingering from Monday's weigh in. Nevertheless, I'm stoked!!

SW: 181
    CW: 177
    GW: 140

I didn't add this pound loss to my tracker because I want to see what the total loss is on next Monday.

Weigh in date goals:

Feb 21 : 177.5 (I'm .5 pounds over this goal! :tongue: )
    Apr 21: 160
    Jun 21: 143

Keep pushing forward ladies!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Joined this group 10 days ago
    Starting wt 220lbs
    Todays wt 217.9lbs.Lost 2.1lbs
    My next mini-goal for March 21st will be 213lbs. Want to have small realistic and doable goals.Seems that my vegetarian diet and the starting of my strength training is paying off.
    Hope that everyone is doing well. Good luck!
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Hey ladies, I guess it's time to really look at my progess, I have def lost inches around my body that I can see in my clothes, i will WI this weekend and see where I'm at.. but these are my initial goals..

SW (MFP): 285.8 1/7/13

CW : 280.4 as of 2/16/13

GW: 235.8

My goal is to release 50 lbs by the end of this challenge.

Feb 21: 275.8

April 21: 255.8

June 21: 235.8
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Starting wt 220lbs
    My next mini-goal for March 21st will be 213lbs. Want to have small realistic and doable goals.Seems that my vegetarian diet and the starting of my strength training is paying off.

Great Job !!! :smile:
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of some good zumba videos on YouTube? I'm staying in a hotel for my job this week but I would love to do some zumba!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Hey Chica's !!

Just wanted to check in, this is mid-term time for me so super busy and doing my best to stay on point ! Hope you all are having a great week !

Good luck lady!!! :)
  • sacolema
    sacolema Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm also new to this group!!

SW: 195
    CW: 191
    GW: 160

1. No more pasta! (For now)
    2. Look good in a one piece!
    3. Push harder during strength exercises.

Also, I'm doing 30 day shred (on day 7, level 1) if anyone wants to share their progress/results with this workout!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge Sacolema. You're joining a great group with some awesome, supportive and motivating ladies!!!
  • MzSharp79
    MzSharp79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Joined the group last week. I'm down from 209 to 207 since joining. Haven't seen the scale move since last Saturday but I'm still moving...I still feel good about the 13lbs down in 6 weeks with medical conditions impeding my weight loss...Good job ladies!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Starting wt 220lbs

Great Job !!! :smile:
    Thank you so very much for the words of encouragement and the support.
    [/q
    uote]
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I want to be in too :)
    Need to go back and actually read what I need to do lol!
    My last weight in was ages ago but the last time I weighed I was 170. My goal weight is 140!
    I'm trying not to weigh in until Easter Sunday as I was starting to weigh too much!
  • sdc225
    sdc225 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 196
    CW: 185
    GW: 165

Victories:
    1. Workout at least 1 hr/4-5 days per week
    2. Overcome or at least learn to control my "addiction" to sweets
    3. Develop healthy eating habits
    4. Learn to eat the "not so good for you, but taste so good to you" things that I love in moderation.
  • brownmara
    brownmara Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    SW: 302 (1/23/13)
    299.6 (1/26/13); 2.4 lbs. eliminated (mid-week weigh-in)
    298.1 (1/29/13); 1.5 lbs. Gone!
    296.1 (2/05/13); 2 lbs. Gone!
    295.2 (2/12/13); .9 lb. Gone!

CW:292 (2/21/13); 3.2 lbs. Gone!

GW: 252
    NSV 1) Stay focused, 2) increase Cardio duration, 3) Drop 2 clothing sizes, 4) Have Active Rest Days

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 292; met Goal 2/12/13
    April 21 - 272
    June 21 - 252
  • MzBJackson_13
    MzBJackson_13 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation as I will be getting married in only 60 days! And I want to stay fabulous into the summer months leading up to my 30th birthday in Vegas!

SW: 267
    CW: 267
    GW: 211

NS Victories:
    1. Fit better in my wedding dress & look great!
    2. Build up to working out at least 1 hr/4-5 days per week
    3. Drink gallon of water a day (for now) to full 8 glasses a day!
    4. Curb my sweet tooth & enjoy sweets without going overboard
  • rwillan
    Options
    I'm in!
    Sw: 279.8
    cw: 267
    gw: 181

Non scale goals.
    1. Walk everyday
    2. Stick to 1400/1500 calorie a day
    3. Enjoy the journey
  • Knae22
    Knae22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Wow I read a lot and here is where I belong :). This idea is really nice and in line with what I'm focused on for myself. I need support please so feel free to connect with me. We can do this together!

SW: 186.6
    CW: 178.9
    GW: 150

Goals

1) To look good in any type of swimsuit.
    2) Continue to workout a min of five days a week.
    3) Increase gym/outside workouts.
    4) Complete the 30 day Shred (on day five L1)

Best wishes to everyone!!!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to our new group members Knae145, Rwillan, sdc225 and MzBJackson_13. You've joined a truly supportive group of ladies...jump right in.