Replies

• TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 again today.

W3/D1: 10/12/7/7/18
  • boyishchest
    Options
    This looks like such fun :D pushups are my favourite because I can do them in my room when I remember to exercise, instead of rushing to the pool and having to get changed. What a pain. Will start officially tomorrow!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ...snip...This looks like such fun.
    hehe looks can be deceiving lol
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ...snip...This looks like such fun.
    hehe looks can be deceiving lol

Hahaha what he said :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Have not done exhaustion test. Was out of town all day Sunday, plus training for a 5K....tonight's training for that wiped me out (final week of a couch-to-5k program - 30 min run).

I'm going to go ahead and repeat Week 5, Col 1 starting tomorrow. I feel sure my exhaustion test would've kept me in that column or barely Col 2. With this week's cardio so difficult, I don't want to kill myself on push ups, too. Col 1 should be a good enough challenge (it sure was last week!).
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Have not done exhaustion test. Was out of town all day Sunday, plus training for a 5K....tonight's training for that wiped me out (final week of a couch-to-5k program - 30 min run).

I'm going to go ahead and repeat Week 5, Col 1 starting tomorrow. I feel sure my exhaustion test would've kept me in that column or barely Col 2. With this week's cardio so difficult, I don't want to kill myself on push ups, too. Col 1 should be a good enough challenge (it sure was last week!).

Hey, no worries! Awesome work with the C25K! :D
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options

^^this

And yes, at the start this was treated as an auxiliary exercise but now it's getting serious and more rest is required before/after.

Week 6, Day 1, Col 1. 25/30/20/15/40 (130). The last 5 of the final set literally had me on my knees but preferred that to not finishing the minimum maximum (how's that for an oxymoron!). I can see me spending quite a few weeks on week 6.
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1: Definitely getting a bit easier... but that final set was difficult... for sure felt the days of rest in between week 1 and 2. But yay! so far so good.
    Max Done: 10 in final set
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1: Definitely getting a bit easier... but that final set was difficult... for sure felt the days of rest in between week 1 and 2. But yay! so far so good.
    Max Done: 10 in final set

Great work! :D
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 3 complete

16/18/13/13/20

Hope everyone is doing great things
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie but wanted to join in. I did the initial test on Saturday and got 21 max. Today I did column 3 of week 1, and managed 10/12/7/7/25. :)
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    I'm a newbie but wanted to join in. I did the initial test on Saturday and got 21 max. Today I did column 3 of week 1, and managed 10/12/7/7/25. :)

Welcome! Awesome job!

^^this

And yes, at the start this was treated as an auxiliary exercise but now it's getting serious and more rest is required before/after.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Week 4 Day 1. Using Week 5, Col 1, Day 1: 17/19/15/15/30(max). Love the max I did, definitely felt it.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Well after missing a number of days again, I'm back at it:
    Week 3, day 3: 22/30/20/20/max-35

Wasn't sure that I was going to get through that lot but I did and even surprised myself at the end. Feeling a little scared about what's to come though
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    WB electriq and well done :)

Week 4 here for me and following Week 6, Day 2, Col 1... 14/14/15/15/14/14/10/10/45 (151 tot). I did take a 10 second breather at 40 in the final set.
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2
    Was pleasantly surprised at the final set because the first 4 were difficult for some reason.
    Final set: 12 whereas before i couldn't even do 5! So... definitely progress! And some chest definition! Woot!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Week 1, day 2: 10/12/8/8/30, I'm in pain now, so I imagine it'll be greatly intensified tomorrow. :sick:
  • brandiuntz
    Options

Wasn't sure that I was going to get through that lot but I did and even surprised myself at the end. Feeling a little scared about what's to come though

Nice max!!

Week 4, Day 2. Following Week 5, Col 1, Day 2: 10/10/13/13/10/10/9/30 (max). Total = 105.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Well done to everybody - it's getting serious now!

Oh, and if your easily scared don't go and count how many pushups there are in Week 6, Day 3, Col 3 :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • electriq
    Options
    Well done to everybody - it's getting serious now!

Oh, and if your easily scared don't go and count how many pushups there are in Week 6, Day 3, Col 3 :noway: :noway: :noway:

Haha! I won't, week 5 looked bad enough, or week 4 come to think about it
  • electriq
    Options

Nice max!!

Week 4, Day 2. Following Week 5, Col 1, Day 2: 10/10/13/13/10/10/9/30 (max). Total = 105.

Thanks!

Nice job yourself