Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had success with Slim Fast? I'm always on the go so these seems idea for me. I don't know much about the product though.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had success with Slim Fast? I'm always on the go so these seems idea for me. I don't know much about the product though.
    I used it, went through one tin and it is filling for awhile but I didn't see much loss but I think that's because it is high in sugar and I am insulin resistant plus when following the plan I didn't feel I was eating enough and always hungry.
    I think you should give it a try as a filler when on the run but also keep to wholesome homemade meals

Good luck!
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I used it, went through one tin and it is filling for awhile but I didn't see much loss but I think that's because it is high in sugar and I am insulin resistant plus when following the plan I didn't feel I was eating enough and always hungry.
    I think you should give it a try as a filler when on the run but also keep to wholesome homemade meals

Good luck!

Thanks! I'm going to try it for about two weeks and see how my body responds to it.
  • klb1002
    Options
    Yesterday, I almost hit a stumbling block. My husband and I were in a store and they had a large bag of chips for $1. All different flavors and I was like a kid in a candy store, because I am a sucker for chips. I stared at all the different flavors and my husband walks over to me and said, "You don't want those chips. You have been doing so well!" and he walked away. I guess he walked away to let me make the decision for myself, but I did not purchase the chips. I was really surprised my husband even made a comment, but it also let me know that those times when I just want to fall back, he is there to give me that little push.
    I am not saying I am going to deny myself, because we all deserve a treat every now and again, but I thought about what my husband said and YES, I have been working really hard and I am glad he has noticed it too!

Just wanted to share that with you ladies! I have been sick off and on the past few days and I am trying to get myself back into gear for this week. Hopefully, I can get back to my full workouts on Wednesday, but I am going to give my body a rest for now.

Let's do it!!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Yesterday, I almost hit a stumbling block. My husband and I were in a store and they had a large bag of chips for $1. All different flavors and I was like a kid in a candy store, because I am a sucker for chips. I stared at all the different flavors and my husband walks over to me and said, "You don't want those chips. You have been doing so well!" and he walked away. I guess he walked away to let me make the decision for myself, but I did not purchase the chips. I was really surprised my husband even made a comment, but it also let me know that those times when I just want to fall back, he is there to give me that little push.
    I am not saying I am going to deny myself, because we all deserve a treat every now and again, but I thought about what my husband said and YES, I have been working really hard and I am glad he has noticed it too!

Just wanted to share that with you ladies! I have been sick off and on the past few days and I am trying to get myself back into gear for this week. Hopefully, I can get back to my full workouts on Wednesday, but I am going to give my body a rest for now.

Let's do it!!

Your husband sounds like a great man and friend. What a way to encourage you to make a better choice. :)
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SW: 184.8
    GW: 160

02/18: 178.8
    02/25: 178.1

Weight loss for the week = .7
    Total loss = - 6.7

NSV:
    1. I've decided to move on to Month 2 of Insanity. It's really motivated me to workout in the morning. Waking up and working out with Shaun T. @ 6 in the morning is not a bad way to start your day either!

2. I have been doing pretty well eating "clean" (with a few indulgences occasionally)

Feb 21 - forgot to set this goal
    Apr 21 - 170
    Jun 21 - 160 (2 days before my B-Day!)
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Let's do it!!

Way to fight temptation! I love that you have your husband's support; I know several folks who wish they had that!
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Is it too late too join the summer challenge?
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Is it too late too join the summer challenge?

Never too late. Please join this amazingly supportive group. Jump right in.
  • King22046
    King22046 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Throwing my hat into the ring for the challenge. My normal weigh in day is Monday morning. It FORCES me to behave over the weekend :wink:

SW on 1/2/13: 202.2
    CW: 188.3
    GW for 6/21/13: 150
    Final Goal weight for 12/31/13: 135

Non-scale victories I would like to experience before June 21, 2013
    1. Say goodbye to Nike thighs
    2. Habitually walk after dinner
    3. Wear clothes from the OTHER side of my closet
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome King22046! And TlaFrance - come on back in here and join us! Like KAR1959 said, it's never too late!!! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    Here's the original post - for any and all new ladies just finding this thread. I think that the original thread will soon buried because it was too long, so hopefully this helps. And, new ladies, please take a look back at the old thread, there lots of inspiration in there! :)
    Anyone interested in joining a Summer Weight Loss Challenge? It seems like this would be a great time to start a challenge to get our bodies bikini, swim suit, sun dress and shorty-shorts ready by June 21, the first day of summer. A nice challenge will also help us to keep our momentum going as we trudge along in these dark and dreary winter days with the warmth of the sofa and hot chocolate beckoning...okay, maybe I'm reflecting there. ;)

The challenge would be pretty casual, and non-competitive. There won't be any prizes except for the way you will feel once you complete it, which is honestly the best prize anyone could receive. Check-ins should be at least weekly. If you have no weight loss to report, then we'd love to hear about a new workout you've tried, or even if you're having some trouble and you'd just like some support. We (assuming others will join) are all in this together, and ready to help each other.

If you are interested, please post your starting, current, and goal weight by the end of the challenge, along with three non-scale victories you would like to experience before the end of the challenge.

I'll go first:

SW: 287.0
    CW: 287.0
    GW: 225.0

1. Get up daily at 5:00 AM
    2. Workout 5 days a week
    3. Try a new workout once a week

That's it! See, it's easy. C'mon, you know you want to join. :wink:
  • rstinne1
    rstinne1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Been sick and life was crazy last week so I did a horrible job and gained a pound. So no loss to report. Hoping to work that pound off this week and get back on track for March!
  • Yana150
    Options
    You can do it, Rstinne1! I'm hoping that you're feeling better!
  • ronigetfit2012
    ronigetfit2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SW:203
    CW:203
    GW:185

Non scale goals:
    Run/walk 3x a week
    swim 1x week
    Stay within caloric goal

I am up for the challenge. I need some support!!!!
  • ymeeks
    ymeeks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Based on the previous statements - hope it's not too late for me to join in as well! :smile:
  • GetSexyU
    GetSexyU Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Cynthia and for the record I know that I am sexy, all women are. The reason I gave myself that username is because being smart about how I treat the one and only body I have would make me even sexier. A co-worker friend and I have become Get Healthy buddies and one of the ways we are keeping each other accountable is through this site/app, so here I am! Its so encouraging to know that there are other women who are focused on making our lives stronger, better, and healthier by making better choices by how we treat our bodies=), so here are my stats

Starting weight:210
    Current Weight: 190
    Goal Weight: 160

1. Learning how to surf without having to use the "overweight pple surf board"
    2. Consistently wake up at 5am every morning, even if I decide to go back to sleep after,lol
    3. Take pictures I love looking at, starring the new healthier me
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Umm...so I have been slacking and overeating and so I have been yo-yo-ing. I have not been doing well on the weekends. :sad: I have to do better, I make meal plans, but following through with those plans is a work in progress.

CW: 292
    SW: 298.8
    GW: 245

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 285^^^^actual- 290.8
    April 21 - 265
    June 21 - 245

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
    2. Workout 5 days a week
    3. Complete C25K program
  • Yana150
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to Roniegetfit201 and GetSexyU!!! You ladies are in good company for getting slim. The ladies in this challenge are helpful, kind, and super supportive! Jump right in and post away! :)

Ymeeks - c'mon and join us lady! It's never too late to join! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    Rochie81, I think we're twins. :laugh:

Kar1959 mentioned that she's going to change her weigh in day to Monday to keep her accountable through the weekend. I think I'm going to adopt that, you may find it helpful. Weekends are terrible for me. During the week I eat all of my meals, but on weekends, I skip meals like crazy, and then over eat later in the day. Not good.

We'll have to be there for one another!