C25K started January 10th

Options

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 1 completed. Walked 15 miles the same day. Today I gave it a rest, my legs are in pain. :)

Did you say 15 miles in one day? This is like 24 km:noway: Wow this is a lot
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I got running again today. 40 mins 2.83 miles. I hope to be able to do 3.1 miles in 40 mins by the end of February, then I have a month to build up some speed before my 5K in April.

Glad I met my goal for the week!!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 1 completed. Walked 15 miles the same day. Today I gave it a rest, my legs are in pain. :)

Did you say 15 miles in one day? This is like 24 km:noway: Wow this is a lot

Yes, I was devastated and slept like a baby. I had so many errands to run and kids to pick up that made my day. Having three kids is a god workout. 15 of those km were done pushing a stroller. My fitbit does not account for that :). I probably burned an extra 1500 calories.
  • umer76
    Options
    Amazing job gnocolla!

I have rested my knees for more than 3 weeks now. My knee pain has gone now, thank God. I hope it never comes back. So the question is when should I start jogging again and HOW do I do that?

I jogged very slowly today for 5 minutes. I think if I do 5 min run 2 to 3 times a week and do elliptical that should be okay. What do you guys think?
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing job gnocolla!

I have rested my knees for more than 3 weeks now. My knee pain has gone now, thank God. I hope it never comes back. So the question is when should I start jogging again and HOW do I do that?

I jogged very slowly today for 5 minutes. I think if I do 5 min run 2 to 3 times a week and do elliptical that should be okay. What do you guys think?

I think that sounds like a great start - ease back into it and hopefully you'll be golden. If it comes back though, I'd seek some medical advice.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Amazing job gnocolla!

I agree with the previous comment. Knee pain is not ok when running, you can damage your legs badly. I would definitely consult a sport medicine doctor and see what he/she suggests.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Update on the c25k.
    I finished it at about week 7. I can run 25 minutes continuously.
    So, I started again from w1d1. This time I am going for speed.
    I used to run at 5 MPH, now I increased to 6 MPH. Let see if it works. My heart rate today was 165 and above in the 1-minute runs. I need some training, my heart was exploding.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am starting on March 1. Depending on how week one goes, I am going to sign up for my first 5k in May.
  • SweetCrumb
    SweetCrumb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done guys, killing it!
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 8, Day 1 - I "ran" for 28 minutes. I covered 2 miles in 32:30. I know that is not fast by any stretch - but it is my personal best. My goal is to run my entire 5K on April 7th. I'll be glad when I can get outside - damn weather in the midwest!!
  • umer76
    Options
    I just finished Week 8, Day 1 - I "ran" for 28 minutes. I covered 2 miles in 32:30. I know that is not fast by any stretch - but it is my personal best. My goal is to run my entire 5K on April 7th. I'll be glad when I can get outside - damn weather in the midwest!!

You still have more than a month to work on the 5K. But for me you ran for 28 minutes, that is a great achievement:flowerforyou: Well done.
    Back in January I could jog for 18 minutes but since then I am not running because I had knee pain and every now and then I run for 5 minutes on treadmill but it is still little iffi....
  • gnoccola
    Options

You still have more than a month to work on the 5K. But for me you ran for 28 minutes, that is a great achievement:flowerforyou: Well done.
    Back in January I could jog for 18 minutes but since then I am not running because I had knee pain and every now and then I run for 5 minutes on treadmill but it is still little iffi....

Still hurts? Sorry to hear that.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Finished up week 8...one more week in the training and then I will start to work on speed. Thanks to all of your for the encouragement!
  • umer76
    Options
    Finished up week 8...one more week in the training and then I will start to work on speed. Thanks to all of your for the encouragement!
    Have you run for 5 kms straight? How long it took you?
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Nope - haven't ran the entire 5k yet....I've only made it about 3.3k so far....I'm hoping to change that this week!!
  • brilliantzenith
    brilliantzenith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For those of you doing the c25k on a treadmill, what is the incline that you are using?
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    I haven't used an incline. I have heard people suggest putting it on 1. I may try that after this week which is tecnhically my last week.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For those of you doing the c25k on a treadmill, what is the incline that you are using?

Depending on the source, people recommend an incline of anywhere from 1-3.5

I'm currently doing it on 2.5. I know when I was doing it at just a 1, running outside after being entirely on a treadmill totally kicked my butt.
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got back on the treadmill! Was able to "run" 25 mins, walked 5 mins, average speed 4.5 mph (I run really slow), made it 2.27 miles. But I was excited that I could still go for so long without stopping. When I run on the treadmill, I put it at a 1.5 incline.

I still have about a month to my 5K and I'm sure I will be able to run the whole thing, might even pick up my speed a bit by then.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Well...tonight I officially "finished" the C25K program. I actually ran outside. I ended up going about 3.7 miles running all but the last block (which is uphill to my house). I'm going to keep at it, increase my speed and be ready for my first offical 5K on April 7th! (And will reward myself with the Bon Jovi concert on April 8th :bigsmile:)