No Late Night Snacking in March!

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
Just a little away from our New Year's Resolution, I challenge you to stay away from the late night snacking as spring begins (may it be just officially :smile:). This means that you fix a cut-off time or take dinner as the time past which no more calories get in (feel free to sweat some out, if you like evening training :wink:). Then make sure you post your stats, to keep us motivated :smile:.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dewdrop
    Options
    I, for one, will aim for 8 p.m. as dinner & cut-off time. Also aim for less LNS-points then in Feb. - the longer they stay at 0, the better, of course.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hi Dew,

I'm going to use your NLS to calculate eating within a certain window time, which means not eating past a certain time if that is okay ;)

Can't wait to "see" some old faces and meet some new ones.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Count me in :bigsmile:

I love a re set :drinker:

Thanks dewdrop :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Hi gang,

I should really try and stop "coasting"....I will limit myself to one LNS per week. No more. But, to eliminate it, entirely, leads to all sorts of other problems, for me - so I'll always permit myself one evening to "indulge".

I'm going to make 8:30 pm my cut-off time. Because, I still have to actually get my calories in, and I usually eat most of my calories from 6 - 8:00 pm, everyday. (Since I don't eat breakfast and usually limit myself to a protein shake for lunch.)

LET'S HAVE A GREAT MONTH, ALL!

(PS, I'm traveling next week, may not be able to post!)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    ok, i really need to do this. So my cut off time is 9 pm and i am only allowed my preplanned snack. Hopefully mid month i can change the time to 8 pm
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am off on holiday in the morning for a week to France snowboarding and I'm not sure if we get Internet. But I will be back from next Saturday. :glasses:

So far I am 100% going strong. Go me :laugh:
    Me 1
    LNS 0

(Its dumb how gutted I will be to go back to 0 days tracking- how sad am I :ohwell: )
  • cherrytm
    cherrytm Posts: 13
    Options
    Just joined this group, love this idea :smile:

So far tonight:
    Me:1 LNS: 0
    Cut off time for snacking is anything after dinner although I will let myself have some cut up raw veggies if desperate.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me - 1
    LNS - 0

And we're off...
  • karenleona
    Options
    Me 1
    LNS 0

was not pretty but i did it...
  • karenleona
    Options
    Me 2
    LNS 0

whew.....had to have a midnight emergency ration of baby carrots in order to stave off a carb binge but i think that is ok...
    made it through the night till 4 am then apparently done sleeping and a bit hungry.....think i will take myself out for breakfast and a lot of coffee
  • dewdrop
    Options
    lula, are you highjacking my thread?!? :angry: just, kidding, I am thrilled that you joined! :heart:

karen, that is definitely ok. great start! :flowerforyou:

cherrytm, great attitude reg. raw veggies! that is exactly the spirit I am trying to create here. I wish I had this discipline!

hope beeps, debi and co know about the link. I'll post it in the old thread

I had a great start then almost lost the battle last night, yet I didn't:
    Me:3 - LNS:0
    (and I will count the span from dinner to bedtime rather than being bugged by not managing to finish dinner by 8)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Dew - nope I'm just back because I missed you. :wink: And absolutely count the "after dinner" part. Life doesn't always allow us to run by a clock.

AFM:
    ME: 3
    LNS: 0
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    So nice to see familiar "faces". :happy:
    Welcome, cherrytm!:flowerforyou:

I'm not off to a good start, but not going to beat myself up about it. It's Monday and I'm turning a new leaf.:laugh:
    My cut-off is 9:30 pm except for special occasions. Then it's 11:30 pm

Me: 1
    LNS: 2

Good luck tonight. Stay strong!
    Zaza
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to this group and I am looking for some support on my night time binge / snacking. I can eat healthy all day and exercise and then boom 9pm comes and I just lose all control. I used to binge eat pretty bad and every night over a year ago. I don't do that everyday anymore. But I still do struggle. So looking forward to getting to know you all :) Have a great Monday!

Me: 1
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow....I just love to push that restart button. As you can tell, I really gave up last month. Don't know what happened but gained back 4 pounds and just was miserable. So...back on the plan. I'm committing to no after dinner eating and no eating between meals (Ideally). Thanks to you all for being here and caring about what each of us do. Together we can encourage and hopefully succeed TOGETHER!!!

Katemat...that reset is so true. Good luck.

Beeps. Limiting your LSN to one is really doable. You can choose if tonight is the night!

Karenleona, Great plan of stopping at 9:00 and then moving it back. Starting successfully is so important!

Chanti C. Welcome and good luck...

Cherrytm...I'm with you. Anything after dinner is just not necessary most of the time. I'm trying it this month. I'm really going to try to hot tea every night as a ritual of relaxing.

Lulabellwoow....hi and great plan. good luck

Zaza...let's begin today!!!

Well for me it was a hard night last night. So my cheat night was taken early.

Me: 2
    LNS: 1
  • dewdrop
    Options
    ChantiC, hello and welcome! :flowerforyou:. Should I tell you how long I've been at this and how I still fail at times or should I better say "we can do it!". Both are true and in fact even when I fail, it's very-very seldom a binge - mostly it's just "oh, I've eaten more than I needed to, again!".

The start is pretty difficult, since your body is used to fight all the food at bedtime, so your stomach gets ready for hard work and then starts "yelling" at ya: "gimme food, you silly!" :laugh: There're two approaches to this, you have to figure out what works for YOU:

1) go cold turkey. Past a cut-off time (usually dinner), you put no more calories in your mouth. Drink water or tea (different flavours, not green/black to keep you awake at night and I for one need to avoid red fruit tea, cos that makes me HUNGRY). Brush and floss your teeth - you don't want to spoil that fresh taste in your mouth! :wink:

However, sleep is VERY important, so if you feel you can't sleep because you are too hungry, then find something light and fairly filling that can make your tummy happy. Don't binge by the motto "I failed anyway". Don't upset your stomach with chips and sweets or heavy meals at bedtime.

2) get a supply of healthy food handy and stick to just that! Baby carrots, raw almonds (good hunger killers, but watch the quantity), some fruit, broccoli or maybe a cup of milk. There're various versions of what is healthy before bedtime - study that if you want the "experts' opinions". I for one am a little skeptical, but that's a personal point of view. I go by "what's healthy during daytime is healthy at night as well", as long as it's light and it doesn't trigger hunger.

These are a few starting points, but like I said, feel free to investigate what experts recommend - I haven't studied the problem from this point of view. I have only observed what works for me from the advice I have been given. I have learned to somehow listen to my body - not an easy task, but I think I figured out what works for me. I still deviate, but... I'm only human :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou: And remember that failing is not when you lose a point to LNS but when you quit altogether. We can learn from your experience, you can learn from ours and if you come back each time we can all just benefit from it :smile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Again, I did not make it by my cut-off (was waiting to eat dinner with my family and it got a little bit late) but I also went to bed late, so that put a 3hrs distance between food and pillow :smile::
    Me: 4 - LNS: 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME: 4
    LNS: 0
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    Welcome to Chantic. This is a great challenge.

dew, I love your words of wisdom. Happy to see you and lulabellewoow off to such a strong start. Keep up the good work.

marpeters, thanks for your support. We WILL do this together.

Zaza
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes :) So last night I did not eat after dinner, but we ate dinner so late that I had huge portions for dinner. So I went way over my cals for the day. Too full to snack last night.

LNS:3