Options
    Week 2, day 2: 14/16/12/12/40, beat my personal max by 10!! :D

Way to go!!! :drinker:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Agreed, an excellent increase in your max!
    Awesome work, Ecce! Can't wait to see your results!!!
    Thanks, I'd like to say it was a pleasure but...... lol and yes, will post results of the exhaustion test Sat/Sun.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Agreed, an excellent increase in your max!

Thanks Ecce and cmeirun! :happy:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: WEEK 5 COMPLETE :glasses:

Week 5/Day3: 13/13/15/15/12/12/10/30 = 115, woot! :bigsmile:

I'm going to do my progress test tomorrow, I'm aiming for 40!

I'm already starting to think ahead to the next round... I'm torn between three options and would value opinions:

1. Carry on with the knee pushups, with the goal of completing the challenge in column 3
    2. Take an intermediate approach and start the next round using inclined toe pushups (I'm thinking on my weight bench), starting over at whatever column that places me
    3. Dive headfirst into a new round with toe pushups. I'm not sure how many I can do at this point?

I think I'm leaning towards option 2. Would I still get to say "I completed the challenge with knee pushups" if I only did it in column 1?
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: WEEK 5 COMPLETE :glasses:

Week 5/Day3: 13/13/15/15/12/12/10/30 = 115, woot! :bigsmile:

I'm going to do my progress test tomorrow, I'm aiming for 40!

I'm already starting to think ahead to the next round... I'm torn between three options and would value opinions:

1. Carry on with the knee pushups, with the goal of completing the challenge in column 3
    2. Take an intermediate approach and start the next round using inclined toe pushups (I'm thinking on my weight bench), starting over at whatever column that places me
    3. Dive headfirst into a new round with toe pushups. I'm not sure how many I can do at this point?

I think I'm leaning towards option 2. Would I still get to say "I completed the challenge with knee pushups" if I only did it in column 1?
    Whoot, BIG congratulations cmeirun!! and good luck for 40 tomorrow :)
    You options are interesting and personally I'd see how you go with option 3 - you will already be much stronger from this and your lifting though any of the options would be good. As for completing the 6 weeks in column 3 I see the challenge more as doing 1 set of 100 pushups nomatter what column you use, though feel even after I (hopefully) finish week 6 col 3 next week I still won't be able to do 100 straight.

Either way, you should be proud of what you have (and will) achieve :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    I just did my exhaustion test...I got 42! This is +320% from week one and +27% from last week :bigsmile:

Overall I'm pretty happy with this, considering I added three days of weight training this week (including bench press) and I'm feeling a bit of muscle fatigue today.

According to the 100 Pushup Challenge program, because I got under 45 consecutive, I should stay on week 5 for another round. So...round 2 it is! :bigsmile:
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You'll be knocking out 100 one-handed push ups in no time..:bigsmile:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Am not surprised your happy with the result cmeirun, 42 is fantastic and what a % increase - well done you! So, week 5 col 3 next week?

Just did my exhaustion test and struggled to 60 (with short breaks holding the up position on #50 & 55). That's one short of progressing into col 3 for week 6 but will decide tomorrow if I redo col 2 again.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Am not surprised your happy with the result cmeirun, 42 is fantastic and what a % increase - well done you! So, week 5 col 3 next week?

Oh yeah, that DOES put me in Col 3! Alrighty then... I'm down with that challenge! :drinker:
    Just did my exhaustion test and struggled to 60 (with short breaks holding the up position on #50 & 55). That's one short of progressing into col 3 for week 6 but will decide tomorrow if I redo col 2 again.

60, nice! More than halfway to 100!!! :bigsmile:
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3
    11/13/9/9/13

This seems to be getting more difficult to do... it's definitely a challenge... but the fact that I complete it is such a boost!
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Week 4, day 2, (Yikes!)
    25/29/25/25/max - 37

Well that was pretty full on
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    60, nice! More than halfway to 100!!! :bigsmile:
    Txs, but I have a feeling the next 40 will the the hardest ;)

Well done electriq and lifewithmikey - good going from both of you ;)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3
    11/13/9/9/13

This seems to be getting more difficult to do... it's definitely a challenge... but the fact that I complete it is such a boost!

You'll be amazed at how many you'll be doing in just a few weeks!!! Keep it up!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 4, day 2, (Yikes!)
    25/29/25/25/max - 37

Well that was pretty full on

Eeek! Well done!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 3 done. following Col 2: 18/18/20/20/17/17/20/45(max) = 175. On the max set, the last 15 were from knees.

Don't know if I'll do an exhaustion test (since I didn't get these in until Sunday). I think I'll be repeating this week. I'll decide for sure tomorrow.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 3: 16/17/14/14/40. Geez, I'm breathing so hard it's like I did cardio! But I see my arms actually getting toned and that's pretty amazing. :happy:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    @ brandiuntz - congrats on 'pushing' through. I reckon if you managed 45 on the max set you should easily manage col 3 this week ;)

@glamchicka - must be a real boost to be seeing results already and sounds like your getting a great workout there :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    @ brandiuntz - congrats on 'pushing' through. I reckon if you managed 45 on the max set you should easily manage col 3 this week ;)

@glamchicka - must be a real boost to be seeing results already and sounds like your getting a great workout there :)

^^^^

Way to go you two!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Not my best session and things got hard(er) in sets 3 & 4 when I expected it to get easier and again took a couple of breathing breaks in the final set (holding the up position).

Week 6, day 1, col 3 45/55/35/30/55 (Total 220).

I honestly don't think many people can get to 100 straight push-ups in 6 weeks (I know I wont lol).
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey Mikey if you find one particular day hard just repeat it the next day, I have done that a few times sometimes just for the heck of it and sometimes because it is a little hard. Push through it and you will make it!!

Week 3 Day 3
    11/13/9/9/13