What are your goals

Options
124»

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I read this whole thread, what an awesome group of peeps :glasses:

My goal for this year is more basic than most of you, just losing as much fat mass as possible while preserving every ounce of lean mass possible. My little spreadsheet say that I could lose 64 pounds this year, but I'd say 55 pounds is more realistic. I've lost 30% of that so far!

Everything else that I aim for supports that. I don't have any lifting expectations because I have learned that setting those can be frustrating for me.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Good bump Sara. It reminded me to write down what my goals are now that my situation has changed.

<-- formerly PregosaurusRex here.

I had my son on February 4th, and total pregnancy gain was 30 lbs. I lost 26 of it within 4 weeks, but I've stalled out. My body fat is distributed very differently now also so that's going to take some getting used to on my part. I seem to be holding all my weight in my belly now and not so much in my thighs and arms like before. Hopefully, it's just postpartum retention that will go down in time.

My goals going forward are to get on a regular fitness routine again, and to get my diet under control. I need to be paying a lot more attention to my macros than I have been, so that's what I'm doing now. I'm starting my calorie deficit back up tomorrow with 1/2 lb per week loss goal at first until I get used to being on a deficit again. I've got about 35 more lbs to lose before I'm near my goal weight, but I've also got a lot of work to do to get my BF% where I want it also.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    We are going to be starting a quarterly thread for people to note their goals/progress if they wish going forward (assuming we remember!).
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Good bump Sara. It reminded me to write down what my goals are now that my situation has changed.

<-- formerly PregosaurusRex here.

I had my son on February 4th, and total pregnancy gain was 30 lbs. I lost 26 of it within 4 weeks, but I've stalled out. My body fat is distributed very differently now also so that's going to take some getting used to on my part. I seem to be holding all my weight in my belly now and not so much in my thighs and arms like before. Hopefully, it's just postpartum retention that will go down in time.

My goals going forward are to get on a regular fitness routine again, and to get my diet under control. I need to be paying a lot more attention to my macros than I have been, so that's what I'm doing now. I'm starting my calorie deficit back up tomorrow with 1/2 lb per week loss goal at first until I get used to being on a deficit again. I've got about 35 more lbs to lose before I'm near my goal weight, but I've also got a lot of work to do to get my BF% where I want it also.

My goal is for you to post more cute baby pics.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My goals for the next 3 months:

1. Cut to less than 10% BF (currently 13-14)
    2. Run a sub 20 minute 5k
    3. Stick to my lifting plan

Remainder of year:

1. 6 pack abs (never had them)
    2. Run trail 1/2 marathon in less than 8 minute pace
    3. Bike at least 1000 miles

Awesome thread.
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Short term goals:
    to continue weight loss of about 1lb pw until i get to my goal weight
    To continue to cut out sweets, choc and sugary foods until I get to goal weight
    To exercise three days a week (up from zero days pw when I started)
    To take a swimming improvers course
    To try running (C25K) to see if I can learn to like it
    To complete the 30D shred

By the end of 2013:
    To have reached and maintained goal weight
    To have reintroduced sugary foods in moderation
    To have established and maintained a good exercise routine that I enjoy
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I am happy with how my strength is improving on all my lifts except my squat. This lift has always been my nemesis and I would like to master the form and see major improvements in weight increases. Seriously would like to add a 100lbs to this lift this year.

I would like to add around 8lbs of muscle while remaining under 15% BF this year. I am planning 4 month bulks followed by a 2 month cutting cycles. If I keep calories and macros under control this should be doable.

I started working out to look better and get bigger. That is still my main goal. My ultimate goal is to be around 180lbs lean. This should take me around 2 years. I have never wanted to be a power lifter but my newest/secondary goal is to have some functional strength to go along with the mass increase.

Wow I can believe its been over 2 months already.

Cut went really well. I lost 10 pounds. Was just hoping for 8 but went a little more aggressive knowing I was only cutting for 2 months. Started my bulk this week. Had a set back with lifting after having some pain in my lower back and had to take some time off from the gym. Hopefully the strength I lost will return quickly and I can get back on track to add 100 lbs to my squat this year.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    3 month goals:

Squat: 135kg (cw 92.5kg)
    Bench: 72.5kg (cw 50kg)
    Dead: 112.5kg (cw 87.5kg)
    Press: 67.5kg (cw 47.5kg)
    Row: 72.5kg (cw 55kg)
    Chin-up 5 unaided (c 5 on gym ball)
    Pull-up 3 unaided (c 3 on gym ball)

Weight 90kg (cw 93kg)

BF% 16-17% (c% 20ish%)

Do these sound reasonable? I've never really set lifting goals before...
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Goals by June

Progress with my unassisted wide grip pull-ups. I can knock out chin-ups with no issues; 3-4 sets of 10-12. However wide grips I'm only at 3x5.

Get my squat up to my BW+ 0.10 (125) in my rep range. I can rep it for a very small count, 1-3, but I want to increase it to fit in my normal routine.

I want to run my 1/2 in May under 2:10 and the couple 5Ks I have coming up under 28:00.

I would like to be doing deadlifts routinely but still working on form as for some reason they trigger something in my back.

Longterm Goals for 2013

Successfully do a bulk/cut cycle. Would like to add a little size.

Give up the scale completely. I've given it up for this month and so far, so good. But by December I don't even want to care what it says, only what I feel.

Develop a lifting program I truly love and don't feel the need to always tinker with all the time.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    3 month goals:
    1. get lean enough to see if I actually have enough LBM to show definition (i'm a puny one)
    2. figure out my true TDEE, which means no cheating on my diary!!
    3. do a chin up - but this might have to wait until summer so i can practice on monkey bars at playground with my kids :)

year goals:
    hmmmm...will have to meet my 3 month goals before i know. probably...
    1. bulk
    2. squat body weight
    3. bench 100 pounds
  • miniosiris
    Options
    Next 3 months

1) Reach my 116lbs and 23% fat goals (currently 1.8lbs and 1.6% off goals assuming I maintain current lbm of 89lbs).
    2) Run 5K in under 28 minutes (current PB 29.53)
    3) Walk at least 14,000 steps and climb 25 flights stairs every day.
    4) Be more proactive with resistance and body weight exercises - currently doing very little in that area, my bad :(

6 month plus goals

1) Maintain % body fat goals and increase lbm.
    2) Increase resistance and body weight exercises.
    3) Run first 10K race.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    In 2013 I want to:

1) Complete a Survivor Mud Run
    2) Complete Warrior Dash
    3) Take a ballet class
    4) Take a pole fitness class
    5) Complete the New Rules of Lifting Supercharged program

My guess is that number 5 will help with numbers 1 & 2. I'm also thinking that I may be able to do a pull up by year end as well as increase my squat weight by completing number 5. I hit goal size last year and have been maintaining and if I did nothing further I would be perfectly happy with what I can do and how I look. I just don't know what more I want my body too look like or what body fat % I want to be at just yet...but I know that I see results and stick with fitness if I am enjoying the programs I'm doing. So I'll do 1-5 in 2013 and see what happens. I'll adjust accordingly in 2014.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    To increase accountability and to help motivate people, i thought I would post my short and long term goals. I would love to hear what yours are too..

Hope it is okay to dig old posts up...

This year I want to complete a sprint tri, a tough mudder and the 9 mile off road Sodbury Slog (running). I am also in the process of losing more fat as I recently found out my home scales are broken and I was about 10 lbs heavier than I thought I was, oops! I would like to get down to 20 % bodyfat this year if possible, maybe do my first bulk and cut cycle and also start to focus more later in the year on strength training (maybe look at proper powerflifting shizz).
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Short Term:
    1) Finally reach Onederland
    2) Start C25K as soon as the snow melts
    3) incorporate one extra day of lifting in my workout schedule

Long Term: ( 12-24 months)
    1) Reach 22-25% body fat
    2) Participate and finish a Tough Mudder
    3) Have a baby and still manage to keep on with my new lifestyle
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Next three months:

Achieve my weight goal of 120 lbs (currently 133) with a BF% of 22%.
    Run this year's Bay to Breakers 12K (19 May) at least 30 seconds/mile faster than last year.
    Increase my daily step goal from 7500 to 10000.

Longer term:

Maintain my goal weight!
  • kcmo2528
    kcmo2528 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    40 lb weighted pullup x 2. I have about 2.5 years to get that down for a physical agility at work. Or 4.5 if I fail :-)