Might sound like a stupid question but...

Options

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    But no, her hotness or lack of isn't relevant - he likes her, the end.
    In terms of the is she hot factor - why would that actually matter?

I'm going completely from a stereotype on this and I know there are exceptions, but... If this girl is the high school cheerleader gone model, and this guy is the safe squishy friend-zone pillow... Well, we know how that one plays out.

Hate me if you must. I've been that guy before.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you've been in that situation, but there could be a variety of other reasons she wasn't interested. Maybe people were that shallow in high school but I'm in my 30s - I don't see women rejecting men because they are hot and the guy is not. You see hot girls with not so hot guys ALL the time. But rarely do you see the opposite.
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Many women are still shallow, some really aren't at all..you just never know what type of a woman you are going to get!

There is probably some sort of correlation between how hot they are and how high their self esteem is, or isn't.. and I'm sure someone will find a chart or graph... lol

But again Chris - I think you've been watching too many high school romantic comedies. ;)
    Invite me over? We can watch Pitch Perfect and you can fall asleep on me. I will take advantage of you and show the OP how it's done.

:laugh:
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    I've found a VAST gap in how women in the real world act and how women here on MFP say they act. I think MFP just attracts better people overall. ;)

But it is hard to argue that it would be a problem in this scenario, as we are talking about someone who is obviously not confident. A large cap in looks requires that confidence to bridge it.

Edit: I am no longer that guy. Maybe I was just being humble. Maybe I am banging two models as I type this.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Or maybe you're just meeting the wrong types of women!
    Yeah totally agree on the second point - confidence is far more important. That can seriously turn me on even if the guy isn't attractive!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I may well decide to make a move....

No you won't.

But despite, that, I was wondering about this for some reason last night. I was thinking you might be able to start talking about some cool event coming up - like a theater performance or something - and slip in something like "Hey, we should go together. Like a date." It's light-years better than "I have to tell you I am secretly in love with you" and might even give some wiggle room for her to say something along the lines of "A date? Haha, that would be funny" without things getting horribly awkward and ending the friendship. Whatever she says, it isn't a marriage proposal and you would be able to gauge the situation based on her reaction. Worst case, you could always back peddle like it was a joke (pu[url]ssy move, but whatever). It's not the most direct approach and could leave some room for ambiguity, but it is better than what you are doing now.

Girls, am I getting warm here?

Edit: Oh. No one else has asked this yet. How hot is she? It's relevant, whether or not it should be. (*takes cover*)
    [/url]

****ing bingo.

This is your best bet OP. If you want to be "conservative" with your approach.

Just to reiterate, do not have a "talk about your feelings" with her if you want a remote chance. However this is the best idea on the topic. Execute and keep us updated.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I may well decide to make a move....

No you won't.

But despite, that, I was wondering about this for some reason last night. I was thinking you might be able to start talking about some cool event coming up - like a theater performance or something - and slip in something like "Hey, we should go together. Like a date." It's light-years better than "I have to tell you I am secretly in love with you" and might even give some wiggle room for her to say something along the lines of "A date? Haha, that would be funny" without things getting horribly awkward and ending the friendship. Whatever she says, it isn't a marriage proposal and you would be able to gauge the situation based on her reaction. Worst case, you could always back peddle like it was a joke (pu[url]ssy move, but whatever). It's not the most direct approach and could leave some room for ambiguity, but it is better than what you are doing now.

Girls, am I getting warm here?

Edit: Oh. No one else has asked this yet. How hot is she? It's relevant, whether or not it should be. (*takes cover*)
    [/url]

****ing bingo.

This is your best bet OP. If you want to be "conservative" with your approach.

Just to reiterate, do not have a "talk about your feelings" with her if you want a remote chance. However this is the best idea on the topic. Execute and keep us updated.

Gotta agree with the guys on this please do NOT have the ackward " I'm in love with you talk" its embarasing, corny and only works in movies
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Edit: I am no longer that guy. Maybe I was just being humble. Maybe I am banging two models as I type this.

So..you're saying you don't want to come over and watch high school musicals with me? Way to break my heart, man.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    So just do it, there's no point of you both sitting around wondering if the other person is into you, just communicate. "Hey, remember when you fell asleep in my arms in the cab the other night? I'm not sure if it meant anything but I liked it. Any chance you want to catch a movie this weekend and hold hands?" Or something like that.

Love this!
  • jesusHchris
    Options

So..you're saying you don't want to come over and watch high school musicals with me? Way to break my heart, man.

Can't we just skip the movies and get right to it? ;)
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Maybe I was just being humble. Maybe I am banging two models as I type this.

I really hope you're banging two models as you type... god knows someone has to!
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options

Shhh.. I have my good girl image to protect. :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Shhh.. I have my good girl image to protect. :wink:

I don't. Let's do this. :laugh:
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    OK, so what happened?
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    OK, so what happened?

^^This.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    OK, so what happened?

^^This.

Yes, we all want to know!!!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    OK, so what happened?

^^This.

I have a prediction!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    OK, so what happened?

^^This.

I have a prediction!

I'd be willing to bet you...
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    I have a prediction!

Haha, yeah, but I'm rooting for him anyway.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Well technically i did say i wasn't going to post on this thread again.

But seeing as people are speculating.... we went to cinema last night so partially followed peoples advice. Still unsure if i'm missing signals, which incidentally found out this week is common for people who are dyspraxic like me, although thats partially an excuse!

So anyway am going to text her in a minute and ask her out for dinner, so am following the advice given, just maybe slower than most people would go about it!