Might sound like a stupid question but...

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Well technically i did say i wasn't going to post on this thread again.

But seeing as people are speculating.... we went to cinema last night so partially followed peoples advice. Still unsure if i'm missing signals, which incidentally found out this week is common for people who are dyspraxic like me, although thats partially an excuse!

So anyway am going to text her in a minute and ask her out for dinner, so am following the advice given, just maybe slower than most people would go about it!

Congrats! Wish I had your balls. I hope it goes well!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

But seeing as people are speculating.... we went to cinema last night so partially followed peoples advice. Still unsure if i'm missing signals, which incidentally found out this week is common for people who are dyspraxic like me, although thats partially an excuse!

So anyway am going to text her in a minute and ask her out for dinner, so am following the advice given, just maybe slower than most people would go about it!

Wish I had your balls.

Ummmm......

Sorry, dirty thoughts! :blushing:

ETA: good luck op!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Will have to google 'dyspraxic'?? :huh:

Please dont feel bullied by people on here. Remember that most advice is much easier SAID than DONE!! I bet half the people on here, myself included, would be nervous about it. So, carry on in your own time Ross, only you can read the vibes and act when you feel confident. Alcohol helps!!! :bigsmile:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Will have to google 'dyspraxic'?? :huh:

Please dont feel bullied by people on here. Remember that most advice is much easier SAID than DONE!! I bet half the people on here, myself included, would be nervous about it. So, carry on in your own time Ross, only you can read the vibes and act when you feel confident. Alcohol helps!!! :bigsmile:

Big ditto on this.

And, good luck, and keep us posted. :)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Well said! It is super easy to be condescending and snide and offer up advice like it is the most obvious thing in the world. And fun, too. That aside, though, I hope it works out for you dude, and glad to hear you are making progress.

When you go to pay for the movie ticket, accidentally drop a Trojan Magnum out of your wallet. That should do the trick.

;)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have to say one thing here, having been the woman in this situation before. I don't mean this offensively, but guys like you (OP) generally have a hard time concealing their intentions. No matter how clueless you think she is, I can pretty much guarantee she has picked up on the fact that you have considered being more than friends with her. My thinking is if she didn't want to be more than friends, she'd be pulling back on spending time with you because it's awkward to hang out with a friend who is not-so-secretly hoping to be more than a friend.

But there is no clearer signal of non-interest than NOT asking a woman out when you've had all the opportunity in the world in which to do so. So the longer you wait, the more she's going to start to think either you've lost interest or that you're just missing the all-important set of testicles required to ask a woman on a date. So if you are not going to ask her out (on a real date, not just another "hang out"). then decide that right now and start pursuing other women. I speak from personal experience when I say that it really, really sucks to be waiting for a guy to ask you out and then he just never does ... he hints around about it, he flirts with you, you're the only woman he ever spends any one-on-one time with, but he cannot bring himself to tell you he likes you and wants to be more than friends ... it is the worst, so stop doing that to her if you're not going to man up and follow through.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Well its done. Have asked. No response as yet, but probably a mistake!

And jq2122 things aren't always quite that simple. As ive said before my friendship has no conditions on there being anything else, its not the sole reason I hang out with her.
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options

Aww.. great for you! You seem like a lovely guy and a good friend. I hope she appreciates you. :flowerforyou:
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

And jq2122 things aren't always quite that simple. As ive said before my friendship has no conditions on there being anything else, its not the sole reason I hang out with her.

Aw, think positive. :flowerforyou: You put it out there, now you can know one way or the other.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Good for you!

Also I know you are saying you wouldn't comment here because of my old post but the main point of that post was getting fustrated with people that ask for advice but come up with every reason not do go with the advice given. Now you have taken more steps and gotten passed the hymhawing stage which is a great progress and that post is moot.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    probably a mistake!

I hope you didn't lead with that.

On a more serious note, your comments in a previous post about her being able to do way better than you hit home for me. The last two guys I was in relationships with, I didn't question whether or not I was good enough for them. With the first guy, I thought he was the one who outkicked his coverage. With the next guy, I felt we were evenly matched at first, but he slowly unveiled these insecurities and these paralyzing fears about being rejected, and he started to devolve into this guy I didn't even recognize.

The guy I'm talking to now is a guy I've known for a few years. In the beginning, I didn't think I had a chance with him because he's tall and hot and really smart and successful and the most incredibly decent man you've ever met. And I defined myself as a formerly chubby girl with no game whatsoever. That was how I saw myself. I didn't see that I also had all these other qualities I was attributing solely to him. So I never put myself in a position to be rejected by him. I dated other guys who were "on my level." Fast forward to today, and he's the one calling me, telling me he wants to see me. And I have finally learned to stop keeping score and trying to figure out who is the better catch. If he wants to be with me, then all my analyzing amounts to nothing.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Not a mistake at all.

Now regardless of what happens you can rest easy knowing that it would have

a) Never happened

b) is going to happen

Trust me, in a few days/weeks you will feel much better about the whole thing.
  • RosscoBoscko
    Options
    Well she said yes..... sort of!

Said we will definitely work out a night for it soon. Not sure if thats a delaying etc tactic tho!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Said we will definitely work out a night for it soon. Not sure if thats a delaying etc tactic tho!

YAY!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

YAY!

:flowerforyou:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Just because it's not easy doesn't mean it's not simple.
  • RosscoBoscko
    Options
    True but in this situation I don't think it's either. I'm keen to see if there is something more but not at the cost of her friendship so its about balancing things.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    True but in this situation I don't think it's either. I'm keen to see if there is something more but not at the cost of her friendship so its about balancing things.

Yeah, but that's you complicating it. You want to have your cake and eat it too, so you're doing this elaborate planning and wondering and testing and prodding but at some point you're gonna have to pick one and the results will still a simple "yes" or "no".
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Said yes to what? To hanging out with you? Or to potentially allowing your penis to enter her?