What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Metro 2033 -Dmitry Glukhovsky
    Ashtanga Yoga - Practice and Philosophy. - Gregos Maehle i think?
    The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. - Stieg Larsson
    and Priestest of the White by Trudi Canavan as this weeks bathroom lecture.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    The Hangmans Daughter by Oliver Postch (?sp)
  • beccahel
    beccahel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    David Copperfield - Charles ****ens. Love a classic.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    love how mfp censors Charles ****ens or Philip K **** surnames but word "*kitten*" is totaly acceptable...
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Kraken by China Mieville
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Miscavige Hill
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    "Inside" - by Alix Olin. Really good!
  • AdobeTree
    AdobeTree Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "Women Who Run With The Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estés

It a book on Jungian archetypes of women. I'm about halfway through and it's good. I'm not wowed like the Amazon reviewers were...but it's good.
  • pappesbaby
    Options
    Recently finished the Song of Eloh series.....was very good. I am now reading books on fibromyalgia. Not as entertaing but much more helpful :laugh:
  • sfidler84
    sfidler84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the FBI Profiler series by Lisa Gardner and I am on The Killing Hour.

I love this series so far, and I am excited to finish this book to see how the main character catches the bad guy :wink:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I just finished Jen Lancaster's "My Fair Lazy" which was cute and funny but not really thought provoking until the end. It gave me some ideas of how my husband and I can get off the couch and away from the TV and start some new experiences.

I'm about to start on the final Harry Potter book, not sure if I can stand the suspense. :laugh: My grandson has seen all the movies but just started on the books so this is something we can share. I have only seen the first movie and will be interested to see how the books and movies differ while he is doing the same in reverse.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Foreign Body - Robin Cook
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    David Copperfield - Charles ****ens. Love a classic.

HA! MFP censored "****ens" Lol!
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start reading 'Fifty shades of Grey'. All the opposing arguments and comments I've read/heard (how great the book is vs. how rubbish it is) left me confused so I asked my landlord to borrow me the book. Until now, I was reading 'Terre des hommes' by Antoine de Sent-Exupery (Lithuanian translation, of course) for like three months but I couldn't force myself to keep reading the book so I decided to put it away for some time - I will try to read it again later.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Jeffrey Eugenides, The Marriage Plot

The joy of less, a minimalist living guide - Francine Jay.
  • SailorJas
    SailorJas Posts: 25
    Options
    Currently reading City of Bones of the mortal instruments book...so far a great story!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Pride and Prejudice - 36% of the way done.
    FEAR: A Modern Anthology of Horror and Terror [Volume 1] - Just starting.
    Filthy Smut [Volume 1] - Read the first story, 36 more stories.

I am already planning on what I am reading after Pride and Prejudice, it is the Night series by Elie Wiesel.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am already planning on what I am reading after Pride and Prejudice, it is the Night series by Elie Wiesel.

Night is an incredible book! One of my favorite quotes is from Night, "“He explained to me, with great emphasis, that every question possessed a power that was lost in the answer… Man comes closer to God through the questions he asks Him, he liked to say.”

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
    Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green... Best book!
  • williamsonday
    williamsonday Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The book I am reading most actively at the moment is Phil Goulding's A Ticket to the Opera, a surprisingly and refreshingly down-to-earth guide to the fundamentals of opera with synopses of the operas most often performed at the Met. Goulding, a journalist rather than a musician, has an engaging style that belies the thoroughness with which he covers his subject. It's a good introduction for the casual lover of classical music who has always been interested in opera but never found it terribly accessible.