What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I read The Last Summer Boys by Bill Rivers for a Kindle Challenge (I won a badge, whoop!) Today I am reading Thunderhead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.
  • Catfish_Fan
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thunderhead by Preston and Child was the best of the three I have read by them. It introduced the character Nora Kelly and had a recurring character in the journalist Smithback from the first two books, but no Agent Pendergast.

Then I read a pair of books about Dash and Lily written by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Now I am reading The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just started Free: A Child and a Country at the End of History by Lea Ypi. Another memoiristic look at the end of the Soviet bloc, this one from Albania. Seems well written and fascinating.

I've also started an academic comic murder mystery (is THAT a genre?) called Book by Robert Grudin. We'll see.
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    20th Century Ghosts - Joe Hill
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Logan's Word: A Logan Family Western - Book 1 by Donald L. Robertson was boring and predictable.

Now I am reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Old Man's War by John Scalzi (semi-humorous sci-fi)
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    The Ghost Brigades (Old Man's War #2) by John Scalzi
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Margaret Atwood, Handmaid's Tale. Not my cup of tea, but a student decided to write about it so after all this time of saying no, I'm here reading it.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I'm on to The Last Colony (Old Man's War #3) after reading the novella #2.5 last night. The novella was 100 pages, not much to it. I'm really enjoying this series so far.
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    The Guilt Trip - Sandie Jones - needed a break from the ghost stories.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    War and Remembrance by Herman Wouk (1,400 pages so I will be at this one for a while)
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Fairy Tale - Stephen King

• Catfish_Fan
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Btrflydog wrote: »

I bought that one and it is high on my TBR pile but library books keep coming in.

I read Zoe's Tale (Old Man's War #4) and now on to book 5, The Human Division by John Scalzi. Most entertaining series!
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Btrflydog wrote: »

I bought that one and it is high on my TBR pile but library books keep coming in.

I read Zoe's Tale (Old Man's War #4) and now on to book 5, The Human Division by John Scalzi. Most entertaining series!

So far it's pretty good - I'm about 100 pages in
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Rereading Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I put the new Stephen King on my reading list but the new Terry Brooks came out and I want to read that one first. I have both. I had to reread last year's Terry Brooks book because this new one is a sequel, Daughter of Darkness follows book 1, Child of Light. I don't remember reading book 1 at all. What is happening to my memory?