What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am 73% finished with the 50 hour immersion read of "Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone" (Outlander book 9) and I'm a little bit bogged down by some of the William parts of the story but overall it is awesome. Just 13.5 hours to go, a little more than a normal sized book. Maybe I'll be done this week!
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Texarkana (Perley Gates Western #6) by William W. Johnstone and J.A. Johnstone
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Night School (Jack Reacher book 21) by Lee Child
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
    The Devil's Punchbowl - Greg Isles
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Btrflydog wrote: »

That's a great series, I loved the Penn Cage books.
  • Btrflydog
    Options

That's a great series, I loved the Penn Cage books.

I started with the Natchez Burning Trilogy and have gone back and started reading all the Penn Cage books. I hear he's writing another one - Amazon has it with as September release date. They are great and hard to put down.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Antrax
    (Voyage of the Jerle Shannara #2)
    by Terry Brooks
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    V2: A Novel of World War II
    by Robert Harris
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Still slowly reading Amartya Sen's memoir Home in the World. I'm learning a lot!
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I read Time Will Tell by Barry Lyga and it was just mediocre. Now I am reading The Dragon's Dagger by R.A. Salvatore, it is better but my go-to fantasy genre, it seems to be better than book 1 in the series though (this is book 2).
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Tai-Pan by James Clavell, the epic novel of the founding of Hong Kong (Asian Sage book 2).

And in other news, the baseball lockout is over, and players report to Spring camp Sunday. Hurray for everything!
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    I read Shogun by James Clavell the first time when I was a teenager. I could not put it down, literally. I remember my mom yelling at me to put the book down at the breakfast table and eat my cereal. LOL.

Currently reading Razorblade Tears by S. A. Cosby
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Well having the flu has given me plenty of time to read. I just finished We Were Liars - by E. Lockhart. 5 Stars - plot twist definitely caught me by surprise.
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    The Oracle Year - Charles Soule
  • Catfish_Fan
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Well having the flu has given me plenty of time to read. I just finished We Were Liars - by E. Lockhart. 5 Stars - plot twist definitely caught me by surprise.

I loved that book, 5 stars from me as well. Hope you get well soon!
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Finally finished The Every by Dave Eggers. I was amused, horrified, irritated, intrigued, terrified... This book hit all kinds of chord. "Like" isn't the right word, but you won't remain untouched.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
    by Leigh Bardugo
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
    by Leigh Bardugo

That one was kind of short, so I am continuing with book 2, Siege and Storm.

There is a show based on this series but I am not sure if it is a mashup of the book plots, or follows the books strictly? I'm going to finish this trilogy before watching it so I don't accidentally spoil book 3 or something.
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Humankind: A Hopeful History by Rutger Bregman
    I'd started this a while ago, but gotten distracted. Returning to it now, when the world is in so much discord was good. There is still hope!
    <3<3<3
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Replacement Wife. Before a great WWII novel The Nightingale