What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Chaos By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Ooh, that is on my shelf to read. Actually, the first three books in the series are. Just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I have been in a phase where I buy more than I have time to read, so I have a lot of catching up to do ;-)

i hear ya =D, i loving shopping for books, i love being in a book shop i could spend hours there i won't mind.
    i have many unread books but i keep getting more. it's an addiction of mine. The series is actually good, fourth book isn't
    out yet i believe.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Currently "reading" The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern. I say "reading" because I'm listening to it on my nice, long commute. Really enjoying it so far!!

Just finished Water for Elephants and loved it. :)
  • kayjaybee357
    kayjaybee357 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The Girl Who Played with Fire (2nd book in series) by Stieg Larsonn...Loved the first one this one is good so far too.
  • butterflymiller
    Options
    Hello, I am new, 2nd day, and glad to find a group of readers. I am finally reading The Help by Kathry.n Stockett. Loving it. Will finish tonight or tomorrow. I find it to be a fresh perspective on the events of the civil rights era. PFor my next read I have been meaning to read Crime and Punishment by Fydor Dostoyoyevsky. I have never read it though I have re some Tolstoy (Anna Karinina) and Chekov plays and really liked them. My intention is to read through some of the grat classic that I have missed.

Are there any groups within this group which take on the same book and discuss it? Like a book ckub? I would interested in that. I also certainly like modern fiction and some non-fiction writers. Jon Krakaur: Into the Wild, Under the Banner of Heaven is one of my favorite authors and he writes nonfiction.
  • butterflymiller
    Options
    I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I read the the character of Lisbeth was based on Pippi Longstocking. In Sweden / maybe Scandanavia she is considered a child super-hero. She is smart and independent and is known for outsmarting the adults and can get herself out of any bad situation. I thought than was so interesting because Lisbeth totally seems like a flippin super-hero.she rocks. I love her character. I think you can't help but both sympathize and admire her.
  • butterflymiller
    Options
    Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
    and
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

:D

And I'm also reading Sci Fi fiction magazines, too.

Jane Eyre is one of my all time favorite books. She is such a hero to me because she never compromises herself. She nows and values herself enough to do what is right for HER and even today women (I include myself) often struggle with this. I need to read it again. L

Have you read The Awakening by Kate Chopin? I just read it for the first time last month. Her stories are also about strong women in the
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Started the new Charlaine Harris book "deadlocked"
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost a pretty good Vampire romance type novel. I have moved on to one called Missing by Sarah Langan. Kind of a horror type novel maybe zombieish I found on a sale table for $2. So far it is pretty interesting, but I haven't gotten too far into it yet.

Next is either 50 Shades of Grey series by EL James or the Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz. As you can tell I have some pretty eclectic tastes :tongue:
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am reading the game of thrones series and LOVING it
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Loving 50 shades of grey!! :)
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Lover Reborn, which is the last available one in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
  • catswithcheekbones
    catswithcheekbones Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Being a nerd and all, I am reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. ;)
    Very interesting, I would definitely recommend it!
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The Death Cure by James Dashner. It's the final book in his Maze Runner Trilogy. I've been finding YA books more entertaining in the last few years (ie Twilight, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, and anything by John Green!) My boyfriend thinks I'm weird, but then again, he's not a reader (!)

I LOVE YA books, especially the series. The Maze Runner series is on my list of books to read next. They are sitting on my shelf at home ;-) I am currently on the 5th installment in the Mortal Instruments series.

Maze runners were excellent, bios new books are on preorder! Just finished starters by lissa price was 'ok' onto hunting Lola now
  • bethyama
    bethyama Posts: 3
    Options
    Just finished "Taco USA: How Mexican Food Conquered America" by Gustavo Arellano, which made me really hungry. Now I'm back into "Organize Your Mind, Organize Your Life" which will hopefully provide strategies and motivation for staying focused on living a healthier, more mindful life.

Somehow knowing about the science of things--like how the brain handles distractions, how habits are formed--is really helpful for me.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Being a nerd and all, I am reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. ;)
    Very interesting, I would definitely recommend it!

Personally I just want to slap Dawkins! we read the selfish gene for uni, evolution is a big part of the course, whilst the theory is fascinating, his writing style and general attitude drives me crazy.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just started The Night Circus!
    I just finished Beautiful Darkness by Margaret Stohl. Very good ending! Now I have to order the next one Beautiful Chaos....
  • eriktice
    eriktice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Night Sky by Clare Francis.
    Pretty interesting World War 2 book even if it was written in 1984.

I also have a few books on my Kindle I try to read two or three of at a time as well as my science fiction magazines. I read both Asimov's and Analog Science Fiction and Fact on my Kindle keyboard.

I also read them on my Android cellphone of course.
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have just finished A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. This book is set in India in 1975 about 4 people from different backgrounds whose lives come together. It was a big departure from my usual Thriller/mystery books. But I loved it and couldn't put it down!
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    I have just finished A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. This book is set in India in 1975 about 4 people from different backgrounds whose lives come together. It was a big departure from my usual Thriller/mystery books. But I loved it and couldn't put it down!

Tales from Firozscha Baag by Rohinton Mistry is also really good. Completely outside of my usual reading but I enjoyed it immensely. I will have a look now for A Fine Balance.
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Tales from Firozscha Baag by Rohinton Mistry is also really good. Completely outside of my usual reading but I enjoyed it immensely. I will have a look now for A Fine Balance.

Thanks- will have a look for that:flowerforyou: