What are you reading currently?

Replies

• finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Currently reading Rob Lowes Autobiography. He's not the best writer, but it is entertaining.

We just read that one in my trashy celebrity book club! (Most hilarious book club ever, by the way) - it wasn't bad! to me, it picks up after the Outsiders stuff.
    I started Uglies by Scott Westerfield yesterday. Not something I would normally choose, but I joined a Goodreads Bookclub and it is one of this months books. Really enjoying it so far...

GOODREADS IS THE BEST!! I just read Uglies also - didn't know about the Goodreads book club, though. Can you link me to it? Thanks!
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    I am ashamed (or not LOL) to say I am starting the Twilight series again. I just need a little bit of fluff to give my brain a rest, and this is the best way to do it haha
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    1974 - David Peace (book 1 of the Red Riding quartet). Very good so far, harsh and brutal but very well written.
  • psiren28
    Boiling a Frog - Christopher Brookmyre
  • fadell
    fadell Posts: 2
    I'm reading Irish Moon by Amber Scott and To The Pointe by Janet Parke.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Reading The Green Mile by Stephen King.

Although, I have to admit, sometimes I hate reading a book AFTER i've seen the movie. And I can't even count how many times I've seen this movie..
  • Reading The Green Mile by Stephen King.

Although, I have to admit, sometimes I hate reading a book AFTER i've seen the movie. And I can't even count how many times I've seen this movie..

I can never really read through many of Stephen King's books. I only got through It - I'm fascinated with evil clowns lol - and the recent one 11/22/63 - which was pretty good - sci-fi-ish with a touching endding. I tried to get through with The Dark Tower but only read the first two books and some of the third one...I couldn't really get into it - though i liked the second book far more than the first one.

I recently just finished reading the sci-fi book The Silk Code
    And now I'm trying to get my hands on Quiet (the introverts book lol)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    I was looking for a book suggestion.... after reading through some of these post I think I may try The Uglies! Thanks!!!

PS for whoever mentioned possibly reading the Book Thief earlier, it is an AMAZING book!!!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz

Had it in the back of my mind for a few years now. I'm about half way through, and a bit disappointed. Will probably dive into some non-fiction after finishing it.
  • Calyps0
    Calyps0 Posts: 44
    A Place of My Own: The Architecture of Daydreams, by Michael Pollan

"A Place of My Own is for anyone who has ever wondered how the walls around us take shape—and how we might shape them ourselves." From his website.

It's a meandering, amusing treatise on what it is like to be a sedentary bookworm with a dream to use his hands for a lot more than just turning the page of a book.
    I've only read 20 percent and am enjoying it, but some of the comments on Amazon regarding his long-windedness indicates it's not for everyone.
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    I'm currently reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Its very interesting so far, and well written.
  • psiren28
    Chart Throb - Ben Elton
  • IseLedon
    IseLedon Posts: 20 Member
    I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and started in on A Feast for Crows (books 3 and 4 in the Game of Thrones series). It took me a really long time to get into and finish book 1 but I was determined to read this series lol Book 3 was the best book in the series so far I think, but overall I would recommend reading them.
    I loved the first and second books, but by the third I couldn't handle it anymore. Does Martin really have to kill off all the good characters?

I love the show. Are the books better or worse?
  • IseLedon
    IseLedon Posts: 20 Member
    Hi. Currently reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. Before that I read the Hunger Games trilogy. Before that The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.
    I have millions of books on my "to read" list. Will probably finish off the last 2 Sookie Stackhouse books when I finish The Help, (new one coming out in May). I also have a Jane Austen book with about 6 of her novels I would like to get into.
    Also, everyone is talking about 50 Shades of Gray lately. Highly recommended, so I guess I will need to check it out.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Currently reading Radio Shangri-La by Lisa Napoli
  • goyabean
    goyabean Posts: 28 Member
    I have both a Nook and a Kindle and I am currently reading Indian Hill by Mark Tufo on my kindle and Blood Hunt by Christopher Buecheler. I also listen to audiobooks and am currently listening to Harry Potter the Prisoner of Azkaban. so I am covered by all angles. LOL. What types of books does everyone like to read so I know what to recommend? I read all sorts. : )
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    I'm currently reading a book on my Kindle by Katia Leif (I can't remember the name, will check when I am home) This is the 3rd book I've read of her's and it's really good :) I love that my Kindle gives me recommendations of authors they think I will like :) x My daughter bought me Woman In Black in paperback, that I will read when we go away x
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    50 Shades of Gray on my Nook :blushing:
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Rite now The wolfs gift by Anne Rice and so far its great
  • Hello :bigsmile:

I'm currently reading Roberta Williams, My Life......next in line is a choice of, A Journal for Jordan, or The Carrie Diaries, i'm not sure yet. lol