Options

Replies

• oceanchristy
    Options
    The night sircus - Erin Morgentson :)
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Right now, reading Pandora's Star, by Peter F Hamilton. Great sci-fi set in the future. It's got action, sex, aliens. But no sex with aliens, thankfully haha.
    It's a good book, I've read it before. There's a sequel, Judas Unchained, thats next on my list.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The Xanth series, by Piers Anthony. My girlfriend has the whole series, and I read the first book (A Spell for Chameleon) in a day. I'm on book two: The Source of Magic. They're a fun read; fantasy with magic and dragons and centaurs... I love it. :)

I've not tried those yet, but want to.
    I read all of his Incarnations of Immortality series, which I thought was brilliant. The way the books all interlink is great.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just started The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I downloaded the sample on my Nook. I'm undecided whether I'm going to buy the full version or not.
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm reading _The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency_ series by Alexander McCall Smith. I'm on the 10th book. It's entertaining, light reading.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am reading Zero Day by David Baldacci, just finished Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Shatter the Bones by Stuart Macbride - Another crime writer, set in Aberdeen, Scotland - very well written and descriptive - I really don't want to stop reading it!!
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    animal farm by george orwell great read so relevant right now even if was written 60 years ago.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm reading a non-fiction book; The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry - Jon Ronson, very good if you are interested in that sort of thing!
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am reading Zero Day by David Baldacci, just finished Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos.

How is Zero Day? Isn't that a new series or a stand alone? I read all his Camel Club, Maxwell & King stuff but haven't looked to closely at this one yet.
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just finished Catch Me by Tess Gerritsen, which comes out on Tuesday - love all her books. I'm listening to CJ Box's Free Fire. And currently I'm trying to catch up on my stack of magazines before picking up another book.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm reading a non-fiction book; The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry - Jon Ronson, very good if you are interested in that sort of thing!

Yeah, this is on my 'to read' list. That's 2 recommendations for it now :)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I don't know if you have already read it but another book which I read a few months back that in a round about way led me to the Jon Ronson one is Paranormality: Why We See What Isn't There by Richard Wiseman ---- very very very interesting.
  • skullkrusher22
    Options
    Catching up on Harlan Coben novels and thumbing through Sun Tzu's Art of War..again.
    Also reading an older edition of Contemporary Nutrition.
  • jzillaaah
    jzillaaah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started The Hunger Games and am enjoying it so far.
  • psiren28
    Options

I don't know if you have already read it but another book which I read a few months back that in a round about way led me to the Jon Ronson one is Paranormality: Why We See What Isn't There by Richard Wiseman ---- very very very interesting.

No, I haven't read that but thanks for the recommendation :)
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    The Well Behaved Child by John Rosemond

I love it!!! I have been laughing all the way through. I can't wait to start the program. :love: :laugh:

I am about 1/4 of the way into A Game of Thrones, but I put it aside for now until I finish the child rearing book.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I started Uglies by Scott Westerfield yesterday. Not something I would normally choose, but I joined a Goodreads Bookclub and it is one of this months books. Really enjoying it so far...
  • psiren28
    Options
    The Slaughterhouse Five- Kurt Vonnegut
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but the Heku series by T.M. Nielsen has grabbed my attention for the past week now. I'm on book 3, Encala. The series is extremely fast-paced with the characters...meaning...they're given almost no time to develop, and they transition way too easily between scenes. The Twilight undertones are blatantly obvious (the Heku are just vampires, but they claim they aren't; the whole love triangle deal with the main female character; the main female character attracts all the vampires, etc.). As corny and annoying as it is, I can't put these books down. :laugh: