What are you reading currently?

Replies

• capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    I'm reading The Hangman's Daughter. I've had it on my kindle for a while now but I never got around to reading it because I always got distracted. I had just finished this little kindle novella called Dead(ish). It was okay, a lot of crude humor, definitely not for everyone. But hey, it was free. :)

I'm definitely getting Water for Elephants though. I didn't watch the movie because I definitely wanted to read the book though. The previews made it look like it would be a movie that sticks with the book.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    I'm reading Inheritance, the final book in the Eragon series. Since Christmas, I have read all 13 books in the 39 Clues (series 1 and first 2 of series 2), first 2 Kane Chronicles and first 2 Heroes of Olympus series and first 2 of Skulduggary Pleasant series... I still have the next 4 Skulduggary, all three Hunger Games, Books 4 & 5 of Song of Fire & Ice and 5 of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel series to go!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    I'm reading a few things at the moment...

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
    The Girl Who Lept Through Time by Yasutaka Tsutsui

Just about to start Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, and maybe Norwegian Wood, again by Murakami.

Wind Up Bird Chronicle is starting to drag a bit to be honest... I'm almost done with it, and usually love Murakami books, but this one goes off on a tangent so much that I just want it to end!
  • I strongly recommend The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, The Hunger Games, The Wicked trilogy, The Book Theif! Im currently finishing the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy and it is extremely well done!
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    when i want a bit of light relief, i read the stephanie plum novels by janet evanovitch. they are funny you don't have to think reading them some times its nice to read books like that.book 1- 12 is good
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    I just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's about 300(ish) pages, I finished it in one sitting. Seriously, so good! It had me laughing and crying at the same time!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    I just finished "All Clear" by Connie Willis. It was the conclusion to her earlier book, "Blackout". Fantastic, and highly recommended. They call her a science fiction author, but I think her stuff is much closer to historical fiction. Terrific reads, both of them.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member

Well, I left The Golden Compass behind when we went home for the holidays, so I started Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I couldn't put it down!! I loved it. Now I've given up on The Golden Compass entirely and have started The Power of Six.

I loved The Power of Six! It was a great sequel to I Am Number 4. I'm really hoping that there are more books in this series to come and I can't wait to read them! I just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy and couldn't put them down. It was a great series. One of my nieces friends suggested a book called Beautiful Creatures (the first in a new series) so I will be starting that one next.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    I'm reading Youth by Joseph Conrad. I love his writing style...he's so good! I got a into War and Peace quite a bit, but was having trouble remembering all of the characters and their relationships to one another. I'll have to get a little notebook to keep track of things with that one. =P

The next book on my list is Watership Down...I've heard such great things about it and I can't wait to read it!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I am reading Napoleon's Pyramids right now. I really like it. It kind of reminds me of Indiana Jones in a weird way -- kind of kooky, a little actiony, some history, some adventure.
  • I just finished the Dark Tower Series and LOVED it!! I can't wait for the new book to come out!

I just started The Regulators-Richard Bachman. So far it is really good.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    I'm currently reading "Dexter is Delicious" by Jeff Lindsay - I love the Dexter series and the books are brilliant as well.

Well written, bit more in-depth than the programme, with a few slight changes - but excellent non the less!

I also have "Red Mist" by Patricia Cornwell at home to start as soon as I'm finished Dexter :)
  • Currently reading: Lothaire by Kresley Cole
    Impatiently waiting for: Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian (4 more days!!!)
    On my Wishlist: The Game of Thrones Series
  • I'm currently reading "Dexter is Delicious" by Jeff Lindsay - I love the Dexter series and the books are brilliant as well.

Well written, bit more in-depth than the programme, with a few slight changes - but excellent non the less!

I also have "Red Mist" by Patricia Cornwell at home to start as soon as I'm finished Dexter :)

I never knew the show was taken from a series of books!!! I can't wait to get started :heart:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Currently re-reading 'Brave New World' - Aldous Huxley. Good stuff!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    I'm trying to muddle through Tinker, Sailor, Soldier, Spy... Went to the movie a few weeks ago, but I'm having difficulty getting hooked into the story.

Anyone ever read it, and if so did you like it?
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    I just opened "Sam's Letters to Jennifer" by James Patterson. I just finished reading Little Women. It was wonderful. I can't wait to delve into this one I just opened. I heard it is really good. But so far, I haven't read a James Patterson book I didn't like.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Skulduggery Pleasant series!!! Irish author, all about a skeleton detective who doesn't actually know why or how he is still alive!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    'Not the End of the World' - Christopher Brookmyre. My favourite writer du jour :)
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    The Xanth series, by Piers Anthony. My girlfriend has the whole series, and I read the first book (A Spell for Chameleon) in a day. I'm on book two: The Source of Magic. They're a fun read; fantasy with magic and dragons and centaurs... I love it. :)