100 Pushup Challenge

Options

Replies

• ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    looks like everyone is doing well....

I completed week 6 and on my final test I was able to complete 60 without stopping. so from my initial test way back when I am up 400% I think lol

I am using the app on my iphone and after the test it reset me to week 4 day 1 so I am thinking I am going to be on column 2 or 3. I guess I will find out in a couple of days... lol

glad to see everyone is doing well!!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I completed week 6 and on my final test I was able to complete 60 without stopping. so from my initial test way back when I am up 400% I think lol

You're doing awesome, Ron!!! Way to go!

Me...I think I'm going to skip my mid-week sets this week and just do Day 3 this weekend...I'm feeling a bit fatigued and think I need to take a wee breather :) (Feelin' a little guilty about it, but I also need to listen to my bod!)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Sorry I haven't checked in lately. Glad to see some excellent progress!

I haven't done much strength training the past week, but squeezed in some yesterday. Here's the push up part:

Push ups: 3 sets of 10. Diamond push ups: 3 sets of 10.

My first 5k race is this Saturday! I'll finally get myself back to a regular strength training routine after this week. I'm feeling "lazy" for not getting it done. At least the running is going smoothly.
  • cmeiron
    Options

My first 5k race is this Saturday! I'll finally get myself back to a regular strength training routine after this week. I'm feeling "lazy" for not getting it done. At least the running is going smoothly.

First 5k, how exciting!!! :D I'm sure it'll be a blast!!! :bigsmile: Enjoy it!
  • SWFLGUY
    SWFLGUY Posts: 40
    Options
    You'll have a great time running the 5k - I did one about a month ago - the first in a couple of years due to a knee issue. I don't run near as fast as I used to but I really enjoy running and 5 and 10 k races are a blast. I've been pleasantly surprised that I run faster as I loose weight. I ran my last one in 29.10. Good luck and have fun.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well done to everybody with the Challenge :)

cmeirun, might be wise to take a few days off then come back 'guns' blazing ;)

Good luck Banduintz and whatever time you do it will be a PB :) SWFLGUY, nice time, breaking that 30 min mark is a big boost :) And, just realised, you must be a guy from South West Florida?
  • ronboy1979
    Options
    No worries cm you are doing great so skipping a couple will not kill you it could also help in the long run!

You're doing awesome, Ron!!! Way to go!

Me...I think I'm going to skip my mid-week sets this week and just do Day 3 this weekend...I'm feeling a bit fatigued and think I need to take a wee breather :) (Feelin' a little guilty about it, but I also need to listen to my bod!)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Forgot to say, week 7 now and struggled so missed out the final set :( Managed 50/50/40/25.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow, you people are all awesome! Great work everybody. :flowerforyou:

Agh, haven't checked in for a while.

Week 4, day 3 (3/18): 29/33/29/29/50
    Week 4 exhastion test (3/20): 55
    Week 5, day 1 (3/23): 36/40/30/24/50
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Ok guys.

I have a dilemma. :grumble:

I am really, really struggling to do justice to both my pushups AND my weight lifting. I simply haven't been able to find a schedule that lets me do both without compromising strength/endurance for one or the other. Something's gotta give. :grumble:

I'm seeing too many great gains from the lifting to give that up, so I think what I'm going to do is dial back my pushups to Week 5 Col 1, and continue trying to get them in after my lifting (same day) so I have a one-day rest between resistance training day. Hopefully that will allow me to retrain my body to get used to the extra work without getting into the "OMG SO MUCH FATIGUE AND CRAPPY FORM" zone that I seem to have slipped into.

I don't want to abandon this (and you awesome peeps! :flowerforyou: ) so this compromise will have to do for now!
  • ronboy1979
    Options
    no worries cmeirun you have been doing great and as you grow in your training your training has to grow and change with you!

you have been doing amazing and will continue!

good luck in your workouts and will see you on my friends list!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Thanks for the support, Ron :):flowerforyou:

So I did week 5 col 1 today after my lifts. Still challenging, but manageable I think. I'll repeat that week/col combo again next week - I'm increasing the weights on my lifts on Monday so we'll see how it goes! :bigsmile:
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Ok, I'm still here!!! Anybody else? :bigsmile:

I did days 2 and 3 of week 5, col 1 this week, on my two lighter lifting days. The last sets are hard, but manageable, so I'm going to keep this up for a bit (2 days/week).

How's everybody else doing...still with me? :glasses:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Yup, am still here cmeirun though must confess to not doing any for a few weeks now :( I promise to get back on the wagon soonest - those 100 push-ups will happen just not sure when ;)
  • SWFLGUY
    SWFLGUY Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm here as well - I have slowed on the challenge - since I lift weights 3 times a week - 2 are upper body - I have to get the schedule right for doing this. My arms are too tired to do it on the same day. I'm stickin with it though because I know this will add muscle to my arms and I need it to replace where the fat was.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Popping in to let y'all know I'm still doing pushups as part of my normal routine. Currently working on "full" pushups, which means going all the way to the ground and back up. Amazing how much harder they are from the "standard", where you get close to the ground. I do 30-60 per strength training session. I know I wouldn't be able to handle them if I hadn't gotten as far as I did with the pushup challenge.:happy:

And thanks for the support about the 5k! It was a blast. It wasn't timed, so not sure on our time...probably 35minutes?

My running partner and I have our first timed 5k one in 2 weeks!
  • TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oops, I completely forgot all about this. >.> Got minor surgery next week, but once I'm up and about, I guess I'll start up from scratch again.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm repeating week 5 this week, started a new job last month and got all out of sorts with the challenge, but I'm still determined to finish!
  • purplesora
    purplesora Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow. Jumping through this thread is really inspiring ouo I'm a weakling and can only do about 1 knee push up if I try really hard, and you guys have made me want to try to do 100 of them. I'm definitely doing this, though it may be in a week or two when I have more time and no access to a gym (end of semester is a double edged sword).

Keep up the good work, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Nice to see peeps are still around and hopefully we can all settle down to some more serious work soon :)

Welcome purplesora and good luck with your quest :) remember, you don't have to go to the gym to do these, maybe just get up 5 minutes early a few days a week?

Just back from a holiday, so a weekend chill then will try to get back on track and start with an exhaustion test to see how much strength I've lost.