Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Herb Crusted Beef Roast
    Make a paste with
    1/2 cup dijon or brown mustard
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tsp crushed coriander seed
    1 tsp dried thyme
    black pepper and sea salt (personal preference on these)
    fresh nutmeg

Rub the paste all over the roast. Put it in a ziplock bag and refrigerate over night . Cook on low 8-10 hours.
    Notes** You could brown it before you put it in the slow cooker. It looks prettier that way but I just throw it in the pot. I'm more concerned with taste.
    You could also use any spices you prefer. This was just my latest concoction.
    Last time I did it in the pressure cooker and OMGosh! It was sooooo good.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken

2 lbs chicken breast
    1 packet ranch powder
    1/4 C red hot sauce

place chicken in crock pot, sprinkle ranch powder over chicken and add hot sauce. cook on low 6 hrs. My family eats this on a bun like sloppy joes but i put it in a wrap or over rice. sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles & chopped celery.

i have also put in a wrap with diced cabbage. it is wonderful!
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    http://cookbook-recipes.org/greek-chicken-pita-folds/

So good.

Approximate Nutritional Values

Servings: 1 Pita
    Calories 245
    Sodium 218 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Potassium 187 mg
    Total Carbs 39 g
    Dietary Fiber 9 g
    Protein 5 g
    Cholesterol 14 mg
  • amysusan77
    amysusan77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any dinner ideas that don't involve chicken? Almost all of the posts are for chicken recipes. How about something "other"?
  • curvystyle
    curvystyle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This sounds good and easy to make!
  • curvystyle
    curvystyle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try Pinterest! They have tons of crock pot meals...alot of them are healthy!
  • tbarnard02
    tbarnard02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good. Gonna try this one!
  • tbarnard02
    tbarnard02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This one is my favorite from www.skinnytaste.com.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 servings • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g

Ingredients:

24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
    14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
    15 oz can black beans
    8 oz frozen corn
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
    3 scallions, chopped
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)

salt to taste

Directions:

Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.

Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yummy slow cooker salsa chicken. I gotta try:smile:
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Had this the other nite! the BOMB!! recipe says 4 servings ( i made it into 6 just under 200 calories before adding the cheese)....super smokey and flavorful! I used chipotle tomatoes and regular diced and added an extra chipotle pepper.... We topped ours with Cotija cheese..... definitely a do over at our house!
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/smoky-black-bean-and-sweet-potato-chili/
  • cmantha
    cmantha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories per serving for this recipe
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound quite good. I will modifying then to decrease the high sodium in a lot of them though.
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do you buy chance know how many calories per serving and how much is a serving? Thanks
    Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

4 Tbls Chipotle seasoning
    1 jar of sugar-free rasberry preserves
    2 Tbls fresh chopped cilantro
    2 Tbls cumin
    1 pork tenderloin

Combine all ingredients except tenderloin in bowl and mix well. Place the tenderloin at the bottom of crock pot and cover with combined ingredients. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Falls apart and is so yummy!!! You can make a couple at a time and shred to make other meals during the week....tacos, put on salads, add it to a broth based soup, whatever combo you like.

I tried this recipe with 1 pork tenderloin. I kept it in the crockpot for low for 5 hours. It tasted fantastic but it was all dried out. Fortunately there was enough liquid left in the crockpot to use as a sauce to pour over the pork to kind of save it. Next time I will try 3-4 hours on low and keep checking it.

I have a 4qt crockpot and I'm wondering if 4-6 would be OK if Idouble the recipe.
  • thenewaudbbgirl
    thenewaudbbgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump make it so you can see it on your page
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Do you buy chance know how many calories per serving and how much is a serving? Thanks
    Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

4 Tbls Chipotle seasoning
    1 jar of sugar-free rasberry preserves
    2 Tbls fresh chopped cilantro
    2 Tbls cumin
    1 pork tenderloin

Combine all ingredients except tenderloin in bowl and mix well. Place the tenderloin at the bottom of crock pot and cover with combined ingredients. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Falls apart and is so yummy!!! You can make a couple at a time and shred to make other meals during the week....tacos, put on salads, add it to a broth based soup, whatever combo you like.

I tried this recipe with 1 pork tenderloin. I kept it in the crockpot for low for 5 hours. It tasted fantastic but it was all dried out. Fortunately there was enough liquid left in the crockpot to use as a sauce to pour over the pork to kind of save it. Next time I will try 3-4 hours on low and keep checking it.

I have a 4qt crockpot and I'm wondering if 4-6 would be OK if Idouble the recipe.

Try a pressure cooker... it cooks fast and pushes moisture into the meat by "steam cooking" it.
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Also wondering if maybe the original poster used a LIQUID chipotle seasoning instead of powdered... more moisture? Which did you try?
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put a roast in the crock with a packet of mushroom gravy and a packet of beef gravy, water, Mrs Dash, and carrots cut up small and let it cook 9 hours while I was at the museum . Delicious! Tonight roast beef sandwich! Yum!
  • dh1950
    dh1950 Posts: 1
    Options
    Crock Pot chicken stew
    2-3 boneless chicken breasts
    1 box chicken broth
    1 can diced tomatoes large
    1 package frozen vegetables (like soup mix)
    1/2 package frozen onions..peppers
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1/2 package taco seasoning
    You can also add red potatoes
    Cook for 6 hours on high
    I first put chicken broth and rice then add all other ingredients
    I cut each chicken breast in 3rds..when its done I scoop out and cut into smaller pieces
    Also use some salt pepper
    About 120 calories per cup
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump sounds lovely thanks for posting