The ye ol' welcome post.

Options

Replies

• isjoyous
    isjoyous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found that a recovery shake with plenty protein made a huge difference with muscle pain so far.
  • ralpyralp
    Options
    HI! i finished insanity last week and im thinking about doing month 2 again to push myself a little more. Just signed up to myfitnesspal to better log everything too! I still hope to lose some weight and get leaner.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi guys and gals. I started week 4 yesterday. This looks like a nice group so I thought I would join you all here for some extra support with the rest of the program.
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm starting Day 5 of Insanity today, and I heard it was one of the worst workouts.... :sad: Figured I should join this group for the support I KNOW I'm gonna need after today's workout, because I'm probably gonna want to wuss out.
    BTW, is anyone else ridiculously sore right now? LOL
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi guys!

I've been on a weight loss plateau for a while now and getting a bit frustrated. I started lifting heavy but I'm not sure it's really for me - I enjoy it but not sure I want to do it obsessively!

I've heard great things about Insanity and wanted to give it a go! I did the fit test today and boy did it kick my *kitten*! I was dripping sweat all over the place, had to stop a number of times and I'm not even sure my form was great on everything... still, i completed it and can't wait to get going!

I have a feeling there will come a time when I won't want to continue, when it will be killing me - so that's why i wanted to join a group so I have less chance of losing motivation! If we're all doing this, we might as well all suffer together right? ;)

I'm going to try and stick to the program and eating guide as much as possible but I'm not sure it's always going to be possible what with my schedule but I'm going to do my best!

Looking forward to meeting more of you guys and encouraging each other along the way!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)
    My name is Quel and I'm a 24 year old MSc student from Canada :)

I'm on day 5 of Insanity right now and I love how intense it is! It's exactly what I needed after becoming bored with the 30 Day Shred. It is a good program, I guess I just wasn't being pushed enough. I also re-started the shred video like 2 or 3 times just cuz I was never motivated enough to see it all the way through. The farthest I got was 25 days, and I couldn't even finish that! I easily let school stuff become an excuse but I'm hoping that will change with Insanity!! I really do enjoy the workouts (so far!) so I feel like I will make time for it, no matter what goes on in life. I really want to reach my goal weight and look come summer so this better be the key to getting it done!
  • KenyanInDC
    KenyanInDC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey group. I'm on Day 29. Not much movement on the scale, but I'm feeling great. Looking forward to recovery week.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Monique. I'll be starting Insanity on Monday kind of excited and scared at the same time.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Marcela. I'm on week 2 of my second round of Insanity. I had great results the first time. I lost 20 lbs and my body completely changed. Before starting Insanity I had never worked out in my entire life...now I cant imagine not working out. Anyone feel free to add me, hit me up with questions or complaints lol

Dig Deep!! :D
  • adaluc
    adaluc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Liz and I just started my first round of Insanity on Monday. This is day 3 for me and I am already sore. But I'm having fun. I'm glad to join the group.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Tony and just finished my 2nd day already sore to.
  • JoshS_usmc
    Options
    Hey just about finished with my 2nd week of insanity ive lost about 5 lbs so far. Thought I'd join a group to see how others are doing. Unfourtunately I'm not going to be able to finish the first round since I'm heading to a martial arts instructors course for the Marine Corps in a couple weeks. Feel free to add me Semper Fi
  • rmxtube
    rmxtube Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ,I have just finished week 3 of insanity first time round
  • Sundance722
    Sundance722 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just starting Insanity and am looking forward to finishing it. My plan is to do two rounds -- posting progress pics after each one. I have a long way to go but I believe in myself. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Today me and my hubby we start Insanity, i have allready complete turbofire and brazil butt lift. Love Beachbody programs!
  • Liz2203
    Liz2203 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started insanity again... The first time I only lasted two weeks. I am on day 2 and already very sore but I AM going to finish this time!
  • johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Johnny

I lost 5 pounds last fall then lost 45 pounds in the last 3 months (from 230 to 185) running and doing a calorie restricted diet.

I started INSANITY this week, workout and diet. Looking for all the motivation, encouragement and accountability I can get! I am ready to make this thing happen!
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Ryan. I'm on Day 8 of my first round of Insanity, looking for male friends (please don't take that the wrong way ladies - you're phenomenal, but I want to make sure my wife is 100% comfortable with my interactions here and I respect that completely. So if any guys are looking for motivation encouragement and accountability on this CRAZY Insanity track, feel free to send me a friend request!
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I just completed week 2 of my first round here of Insanity. I am anxious to see if my fit test on Monday has improved, and I am more excited to see results. I am not doing Shakeology because I don't have the money, but I make my own protein shakes and I am following the Nutrition Plan the best I can. My only challenge is that I work 7a-7p some months and 7p to 7a other months. I am doing well with working out before night shift now, but on May 1st I will flip back to 1st shift and I am hoping I will have the strength to make it through a work out so late at night. I want this bad, and I intend on making it happen. Nice to meet you all!

Coreen
  • dannimurf
    Options
    Hey

I'm new to MFP and am aiming to be thin and healthy again. Any support or advice you can give will be ace as I cant seem to shift this fat suit I've been wearing for the past couple of years.

My intention is to get up in the mornings and work out to the insanity program and eat healthy.

My boyfriend is intending to take me on holiday in July and then the festival season is back! There is lots of temptation, like wine beer and cider but i reckon i can do it?

Drop me a line if you want some motivation, or if you want to help me out.

>.<