Any Natural Hair Groups???

Options
12346»

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been natural since April 2009 and absolutely looove it (though my hair grows sooo slowly!! lol)!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • Blkroses55
    Options
    I've been natural since 2001. I'm on my my second set of locs. There are a few natural hair groups but they aren't active. I'm willing to start a new group if folks are interested. Send me a message and we can get it started in 2013.
  • I am natural as well. My hair journey and weight loss is something I choose to combine. I have learned in order to keep my hair growing and health I must do the same with my body. Feel free to add me.
  • I am willing to join any natural groups as well
  • I've been natural since 2001. I'm on my my second set of locs. There are a few natural hair groups but they aren't active. I'm willing to start a new group if folks are interested. Send me a message and we can get it started in 2013.

I am willing to join
  • osmith1999
    osmith1999 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning. Had my last perm about a year ago
  • isis8319
    isis8319 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been natural since 1999. I'm interested in a group. I also would like to hear about the hair styles that people wear when they are working out. I'm on a hair growth journey.
  • PWH22
    PWH22 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been natural all my life and have never had a perm or relaxer. However, this is my 4th month being heatless! That means no diffusers, no flat irons, no curling irons, no blow drying, no sitting under the dryer, etc.

I usually do twist outs. My new cute thing that I'm doing is twisting my hair with conditioner and then using flex rods, I let it air dry overnight under my scarf and I take them down in the morning and style. It turns out super cute. For a longer style, I use the eco styler gel seldomly.
  • tmroge7
    tmroge7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been natural for about 8 years
  • raeross2
    Options
    I shaved my head for the millennium and kept it like that for 10 years. I stared growing it out in 2011 and let it lock about a year ago.
  • brownmara
    brownmara Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been growing my Locs for over 12 years. I also braided my hair for about 10 years before that. So it's been a while since I had a perm. I love being natural!
  • Keana_h
    Keana_h Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My last perm was May 2011 and not looking back! I'd love to join any natural groups well :)
  • imonlyblessed
    imonlyblessed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    *Waving*

I quit relaxing my hair back in Feb. 2009. I did my "big" chop (at least it was big to me LOL) in June 2010. I am still excited over this journey.

Feel free to add me :-)
  • Princess721
    Princess721 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me

I have been natural since December 2007.

My weight loss journey and my hair journey are kind of joined because it is more about me being a healthier me inside and out the same things that I have been eating to lose this weight are benefiting my hair skin and nails positively.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been natural all my life
    But wear extensions/weave
    I've recently started actually taking care of my hair and only use natural oils to moisturise
    I only made this change at the beginning of the year
    Can anyone recommends any natural shampoos as I don't want to use my old ones when I take my extensions out
    Also I haven't trimmed my hair in probably 7 years or more, is it really necessary?
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been natural since birth. Has anyone else always been natural?

I too have been natural since birth :-)

Me too, but have only recently started appreciating it and taking care of my hair
    I have damaged the front of my hair quite a bit with extensions though :(
  • Back2MeDiva
    Back2MeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been natural since October 2010. I love not having to worry about my hair when I workout. I've straightened my hair once since going natural and I'm thinking about doing it again.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I began my natural journey with my last perm last September while on my fitness journey.... I really like not worrying about sweating my perm out... Just get up and go.... Im learning about protective styles now!
  • skyslady1
    skyslady1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow! just ran across this one. I have been natural for 17 years, locs for 10 of them which when I learned how to loosen them I spent 3 weeks taking them out. My goal along with losing weight is growing my hair as long as I grew my locs which was waist length. I am all about natural hair discussions. :happy:
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am on my weight loss journey as well as my natural hair journey. My journeys are are more of a combined coincidence. I am currently transitioning.....last relaxed in December 2012. I am learning all that I can about becoming natural....this is my 3rd attempt and I am determined to make to the other side this time. I'm not going to mention how many times I've worked on my weight in the past. It's irrelevant. This time is different and I am on my way to being physically fit and healthy!!!

If you'd like to add me as a friend for either either journey, feel free. I welcome your support.