Men and sexual comments or innuendos

Options

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Still deleting comments here - anything quoting the "cancer", "stupid", or "retarded" comments.

Please stay on topic. Thx. :flowerforyou:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Still deleting comments here - anything quoting the "cancer", "stupid", or "retarded" comments.

Sure, the cancer post is an internet meme. It is a sad day when people get super offended by about 5 words. However fine then, I will stay on topic and respond more directly towards OP.
    Piggybacking off of the "sex kitten" comment on another thread...

Why do men of EVERY age bring up sexual comments or innuendos in the beginning stages of "dating?" I am talking with a 57 yo and he even brought up an innuendo while we texted last night....He was like, "what do you wear to bed?" I responded, "Good night." We haven't even met yet. It's a huge turnoff for me! I thought an older man would be more respectable...WTH??? Guys....educate us on this and on how we should respond!!!

Men bring up sexual comments to "test the water", or essentially to declare their intentions. For example if I know you for 6 months, and never make a hint that I wish to pursue something with you, men believe that women "will friend zone them". For men saying these things is basically saying "Hey I think you are hot, and I like you." without actually saying that.

The funny thing about it is, I would place money that if a more attractive man said those "sexual comments" to you, that you would not be offended.

Also, MFP is like bizzaro land when it comes to online dating. What I mean by that is women flirt so much here it is ridiculous. I have had many pms in the past that could be considered "offensive", but I don't take them seriously.

Stop being defensive. If you are flirting with a man who you "don't enjoy sexual conversation with", then you cannot possibly like him that much. Can you?
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options

Sure, the cancer post is an internet meme. It is a sad day when people get super offended by about 5 words. However fine then, I will stay on topic and respond more directly towards OP.

Why do men of EVERY age bring up sexual comments or innuendos in the beginning stages of "dating?" I am talking with a 57 yo and he even brought up an innuendo while we texted last night....He was like, "what do you wear to bed?" I responded, "Good night." We haven't even met yet. It's a huge turnoff for me! I thought an older man would be more respectable...WTH??? Guys....educate us on this and on how we should respond!!!

Men bring up sexual comments to "test the water", or essentially to declare their intentions. For example if I know you for 6 months, and never make a hint that I wish to pursue something with you, men believe that women "will friend zone them". For men saying these things is basically saying "Hey I think you are hot, and I like you." without actually saying that.

The funny thing about it is, I would place money that if a more attractive man said those "sexual comments" to you, that you would not be offended.

Also, MFP is like bizzaro land when it comes to online dating. What I mean by that is women flirt so much here it is ridiculous. I have had many pms in the past that could be considered "offensive", but I don't take them seriously.

Stop being defensive. If you are flirting with a man who you "don't enjoy sexual conversation with", then you cannot possibly like him that much. Can you?

MFP and other forums like them allow people to say things they would never say IRL. I would wager that most of the women here find this a safer place to say things they wouldn't say and couldn't live up to outside of this bitmap world.

It is quite interesting when the hens in the henhouse gather together and gets their feathers flustered when the big bad rooster decides to visit. It's super funny to me how much of a double standard exists here.

I'm sure someone will be defensive about that comment, but you don't have to take it personally.
  • zachatta
    Options

MFP and other forums like them allow people to say things they would never say IRL. I would wager that most of the women here find this a safer place to say things they wouldn't say and couldn't live up to outside of this bitmap world.

It is quite interesting when the hens in the henhouse gather together and gets their feathers flustered when the big bad rooster decides to visit. It's super funny to me how much of a double standard exists here.

I'm sure someone will be defensive about that comment, but you don't have to take it personally.

Listen here, you cannot agree with men on these topics. Do you know what would happen to this bias clique of a group known as Single Peeps?

The women here have worked very hard to make any male presence in this subforum to act like "Male Apologists", if you keep this up the other men on this board might find their "manhood" and say what they really think. Not what they feel the ladies around here want to hear.

You are treading dangerous waters here ma'am! Proceed with caution.

How dare you, 20 lashings.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options

Listen here, you cannot agree with men on these topics. Do you know what would happen to this bias clique of a group known as Single Peeps?

The women here have worked very hard to make any male presence in this subforum to act like "Male Apologists", if you keep this up the other men on this board might find their "manhood" and say what they really think. Not what they feel the ladies around here want to hear.

I do what I want. I'm a rebel!

Now about these 20 lashings...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

(Suppressing my urge to say something rude back...)
  • zachatta
    Options

Since you said nothing why post? ;)
  • christine24t
    Options

Since you said nothing why post? ;)

Trust me, I have thoughts and want to say all them but they would get deleted.

Thought this board would've gotten better after Mike left, but...

If you think the men on this board are suck ups to the women and you always have to argue, why don't you just start your own group and leave this one?? Not sure why if you always have some sharp insults you keep coming back.

I welcome all opinions but frankly you come off as a jerk most of the time.
  • zachatta
    Options

If you think the men on this board are suck ups to the women and you always have to argue, why don't you just start your own group and leave this one?? Not sure why if you always have some sharp insults you keep coming back.

So, I heard you had a first kiss a few months ago. How did that go?
  • christine24t
    Options
    Edited because I am trying to be a mature adult.
  • zachatta
    Options

You're an *kitten*.

Why don't you just leave SP so we all can continue to have fun discussions?

Fun one sided discussions amirite? God forbid others disagree. :) Seriously though how am I the *kitten*? You are the one throwing around personal insults?
  • christine24t
    Options

You're an *kitten*.

Why don't you just leave SP so we all can continue to have fun discussions?

Fun one sided discussions amirite? God forbid others disagree. :) Seriously though how am I the *kitten*? You are the one throwing around personal insults?

I did edit my post, because I will try and be mature.

I actually didn't totally disagree with your original post, but then you had to follow up personally attacking the men on this board. That was what i had a problem with. You take things just a little too far. I enjoy discussion and even debates, but you just had to push it a little further and insult all the great men on this board.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Christine, he's a troll. Even when other people before have made his point (and done a better job of it) he comes in to say all women are stupid and all men are either coolbros like him or traitorliars. Almost everything he has said has been untrue. Don't try to rationalize with him. Just be a **** right back cause then it's at least funny and not just frustrating. He is not capable of reason or rational argument.
  • christine24t
    Options
    Christine, he's a troll. Even when other people before have made his point (and done a better job of it) he comes in to say all women are stupid and all men are either coolbros like him or traitorliars. Almost everything he has said has been untrue. Don't try to rationalize with him. Just be a **** right back cause then it's at least funny and not just frustrating. He is not capable of reason or rational argument.

Thanks! :) I would agree haha
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Seriously though how am I the *kitten*?
    Disagreements are fine, Zach. I RARELY come here... and when I do, every post I see from you is argumentative, a personal attack, or most recently, saying this thread caused you CANCER? Really? As with many others I have lost loved ones to that horrible disease... it's not something to joke about. I joked BACK with you to be sarcastic because your comment flat out pissed me off, but geez, man. Come on. Stay on topic, would ya?

Edited to quote Zach more accurately.
  • zachatta
    Options

Thanks! :) I would agree haha

Oh different opinions are trolling now Kit huh? Lol this is why I have you on ignore. :) Have a nice day!
  • zachatta
    Options
    Disagreements are fine, Zach. I RARELY come here... and when I do, every post I see from you is argumentative, a personal attack, or most recently, CANCER? Really? As with many others I have lost loved ones to that horrible disease... it's not something to joke about. I joked BACK with you to be sarcastic because your comment flat out pissed me off, but geez, man. Come on. Stay on topic, would ya?

It is an internet meme, l2internet.

I am on topic, in fact my response is very on topic.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Disagreements are fine, Zach. I RARELY come here... and when I do, every post I see from you is argumentative, a personal attack, or most recently, CANCER? Really? As with many others I have lost loved ones to that horrible disease... it's not something to joke about. I joked BACK with you to be sarcastic because your comment flat out pissed me off, but geez, man. Come on. Stay on topic, would ya?

It is now, because your previous comments have been deleted. </endtopic>
  • zachatta
    Options

It is now, because your previous comments have been deleted. </endtopic>

My previous comment was said because someone, again lo and behold a female, here in Singles peeps, believes that men cannot say anything sexual without being offensive. This has about 100 million reasons why it is illogical, and nonsensical. Going through them all was tedious, so instead I said that term that won't be repeated so that no feelings are hurt here.

So technically, my response was on topic, because it illustrated my frustration with the constant theme pushed here in singles peeps.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options

How is he a troll when he does what everybody else I see here does. He comments on things that catch his attention. Funny that he usually manages to comment on something that I choose to ignore because it does me no good to comment contrary to the popular female theme here. Yet, stubborn as I am, I'm here doing it again. His arguments seem reasonable and rational just not coated in sugar and spice and everything nice.
    Disagreements are fine, Zach. I RARELY come here... and when I do, every post I see from you is argumentative, a personal attack, or most recently, saying this thread caused you CANCER? Really? As with many others I have lost loved ones to that horrible disease... it's not something to joke about. I joked BACK with you to be sarcastic because your comment flat out pissed me off, but geez, man. Come on. Stay on topic, would ya?

Edited to quote Zach more accurately.

Silly me. I thought it refreshing that someone of the female persuasion understood the funny behind the cancer comment. Of course now that we've mentioned the big C word again, I'm sure this too will be deleted. I lost my father to electricity but I don't get offended every time somebody turns on the lights. I had a cancer scare last summer. Yeah, it's scary but life goes on. He didn't mean anything by it. Seriously? I'm sad that I was wrong and seems that anybody with a voice is jumping on the Big Bad Zach Wagon.

That's funny. I don't care who you are!
This discussion has been closed.