• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wednesday...

Exercise: 87 minutes
    New: not yet
    Squats: 400
    Fish Dish: tilapia tonight (2 of 2)
    Recipe posted today (from Monday's meal)

We're putting up some good numbers this week! Keep it up!!!
    LET'S BE NUMBER ONE, BROWNIES!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    In case you haven't seen it, here's some official challenge info:

AND I QUOTE:

"Would you like this idea ?

To make it clear for everyone - there never been thought about complete eviction for active members!!! - we are family and we want to have a fun and keep motivating ourself !!! I am sad to say it but there will be people leaving this game because they want to . Not because we will evict them !!! And we are not prison so if anyone decide to leave we will respect it!!!

Everyone agree to remove inactive team members ( unless they will explain reason why - lost connection to Internet - illness - vacation and so on.it makes it hard for captain and everyone trying to contact them - lets say person has to be idle for 2 weeks.) Should we design rest card for people on holiday???

Make it easier for me and everyone stop calling this eviction but moving to home pit

We will be announcing 3 winners - there will be complete winner , home pit winner and biggest transformation winner - last part is based on photos - this will be done by vote-by everyone !!! If you don't want to post picture it is fine - you can still play other parts of game !!!

What does it mean to be in HOME PIT- not much change - you would stay in your group- you know your group and your group is like your family !!! You should continue playing. Your current captain will keep track of you. You will be still getting extra lbs if you complete challenges .But you will be playing along other home pit players .YOU CAN NOT BE EVICTED FROM HOME PIT IF YOU ARE ACTIVE MEMBER!!!!!!

People from HOme pit can't win complete A-S BL winner but they can be home pit winner .... I would say we should move 2 people a week - I think this 2 people should be the ones with lowest percentage of loss in that week adding extra lbs from challenges. There is lots of extra lbs in challenges to make it fare for smaller players.

At the moment we have around 93 members so moving 2 people to home pit would brake this group in half .

I will be posting A-S BL winners and Home pit winners every week - last week we will have FINALE!!! with no extra challenge lbs and no extra advantages!!!

Home pit winner and winner is going to be based purely on % of weight loss !!! Transformation winner on vote from other players :-)) "

END OF QUOTE

Also, the official weekly weigh-in for our team will be on Monday mornings. Please try to get your weigh-in posted either here or message me by mid-day on Monday, so that I can get it on the spreadsheet!

And let's keep working hard - the week's half over - to be the TOP TEAM! There's no reason (barring injury or illness) that we can't be NUMBER ONE every week! I want us each to reach our goals, and it's GREAT that we can do it together here as a joint effort! Soooo, make good food choices, drink your water, and move that body!

YAY BROWNIES!!!
  • DeniseMarSi
    DeniseMarSi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sorry brown team Im kind of confused on what I needed to do for rrrr
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pam that post was confusing and honestly I have no idea what the heck the person who posted that is talking about.

Honestly, most of time this contest seems confusing to me. There are numerous threads with different information, rules that - especially after reading the quote you posted - that I feel like might be in place that I am clueless about. For example, that quote says something about winners and HOME PIT. This is the first Ive heard of a "winner" to this contest. Honestly, I was wondering about that.. seems obvious but there was never any mention in the initial messages I read. And I have no clue what HOME PIT is and the more I tried to re-read the quote the more confused I was.

Pam, I appreciate you posting what we are supposed to be doing here in this thread, I'm not even going to attempt to follow what's going on in the numerous other threads because it leaves me totally confused.

Thanks again pam!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Sharon and dwidn (I still never got your name!!!) -

There is kind of a lot going on and lots of different info...partly because some things have changed since the beginning and partly because folks ask questions and get lots of input...
    It would probably help clarify things if you just take some time to read through all the threads written by marcelka77, who started the challenge. For instance, the post that I quoted above is in her "I need your HELP" thread and was the result of a discussion about how to handle eliminations. She asked the team captains to make sure our team members got the info on what was decided...so there it was! But it would have made more sense if you'd already seen the remainder of that thread.

The main thing is that every week you need to be clear on that particular week's challenges, so that you can make sure you complete them! Equally important is reporting your daily accomplishments to me so that I can get them posted - that's our way of showing our team's report on the spreadsheet...how we stack up against the other teams. And finally, of course, get your weigh-in to me on Mondays! Other than those things, you can just ask me any specific questions that you have (and, like I said, scour the other threads when you have time.)

Please don't get discouraged about the amount of info or about it being confusing...after a couple of weeks, we'll settle into a routine with it and it won't seem so daunting! In the meantime, let me know what I can do to help!!!
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options
    Hello Brown Team! I am sorry I didn't quite understand the challenge part until now... Qa

I really hate fish except for tuna and shark.
    I am going to gym later today and can do some cardio and squats.

The only recipe I know for fish is tuna salad but I make it with cottage cheese and apples, and shark is good on the grill like barbecue, but I don't have any of that on hand.

I also like tuna steak grilled with some fresh mango on top an marinated in some balsamic vinaigrette.,

I really want to try the new cardio kick class at our gym, but not sure if my work schedule will allow for it tomorrow. We will see..

Plus my whole family has bee sick for two weeks with stomach bug and now we all have sinus infections, so I've been so miserable:and not tracking consistently..

My goal for the rest of the week until Monday will be just to drink more water, and track and log everyday to get back in the habit of it again consistently.

Hope everyone is doing great this week!

Denise
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options
    Hello Brown Team! I am sorry I didn't quite understand the challenge part until now... Qa

The only recipe I know for fish is tuna salad but I make it with cottage cheese and apples, and shark is good on the grill like barbecue, but I don't have any of that on hand.

I also like tuna steak grilled with some fresh mango on top an marinated in some balsamic vinaigrette.,

I really want to try the new cardio kick class at our gym, but not sure if my work schedule will allow for it tomorrow. We will see..

Plus my whole family has bee sick for two weeks with stomach bug and now we all have sinus infections, so I've been so miserable:and not tracking consistently..

My goal for the rest of the week until Monday will be just to drink more water, and track and log everyday to get back in the habit of it again consistently.

Denise
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options

Denise
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Cardio - 30 minutes
    Something new - not yet (thinking of looking for a belly dancing video on YouTube - I will let you know)
    Squats - 50
    Fish Dish - 2 of 2
    Fish pic & recipe - posted 4/22/13
  • K0RA
    K0RA Posts: 29
    Options
    Today was just AWFUL!!! I don't know how much longer I can hang in there. Life gets in the way of my weight loss. I'm an emotional eater, so when life challenges get in my way, it makes this weight-loss goal so much harder to reach. :sad:
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Kora, I know this will come as a shock, but...life is *always* gonna be in the way! Change the way you think about what you're trying to accomplish - it was great for ME to finally realize that nobody can change my thinking or my actions but ME! Don't act like you can't do this because something gets in your way...you **CAN** do this...IF you want to! **I** want you to!

Dee, **BELLY DANCING** ??? LOL! I can't imagine trying it! I saw a girl do it once in person, and I was actually impressed, but I think personally, I would die of embarrassment!

Denise, nice to finally meet you! ;)
    Hopefully in addition to your tracking and logging, you can try your hand at this week's challenges; besides the fish, it's just cardio, a new exercise, and squats!

Here's my Thursday:

Exercise: 76 minutes
    New: new yoga DVD - Janet Stone's Ananda Vinyasa - very nice!
    Squats: 250
    Fish Dish: 2 of 2
    Recipe: posted

And come on Brownies, let's finish out this week STRONG!!!
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    Cardio - 280 minutes walk/circuit training
    Something new - went for a hour long hike yesterday
    Squats - 400
    Fish Dish - 2 of 2
    Fish pic & recipe - posted
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today was just AWFUL!!! I don't know how much longer I can hang in there. Life gets in the way of my weight loss. I'm an emotional eater, so when life challenges get in my way, it makes this weight-loss goal so much harder to reach. :sad:
    Dont be discouraged, I've seen your posts and I think you are doing wonderful. I had really bad days yesterday and the day before. So bad that I probably gained back the 5lbs I lost already. I'm afraid to check the scale though... !! But, today is a new day and I'm gonna do it right today and make good choices!! I guess I'm kinda expecting to have those kinda days every once in a while. The key is realizing that what is done is done, and that today is a new day. Just jump back on the wagon and keep it moving.

Oh and I took a bellydance class once, it was so much fun and felt great! But, was really hard to get those moves down. Took a lot of practice, which usually looks foolish until you've got it mastered. That was the hard part, allowing yourself to look foolish when figuring out the moves. lol
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options
    I posted my fish recipe on the main board: and posted a picture! It really was just a fancy tuna salad that I made up, but it came out good. And it was fun to take the pictures

I did Zumba last night and 40 squats.

Hope to get out for more walks this weekend since it looks like nice weather!!

For my new exercise I didn't get to the cardio kick class, but I really should do weight lifting of some sort. I never ever do that and would rather do hours of cardio over weights.

Any suggestions with some sort of weight limiting regimen for someone who hates it..lol
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Brownies!!

Cardio - 30 minutes
    Something new - oh yeah! Bellydancing - this is something that would ONLY be done in the privacy of my home!
    Squats - 50
    Fish Dish - 2 of 2
    Fish pic & recipe - posted 4/22/13
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options
    that should say
    Any suggestions on a weight lifting regimen?

I posted my fish recipe on the main board: and posted a picture! It really was just a fancy tuna salad that I made up, but it came out good. And it was fun to take the pictures

I did Zumba last night and 40 squats.

Hope to get out for more walks this weekend since it looks like nice weather!!

For my new exercise I didn't get to the cardio kick class, but I really should do weight lifting of some sort. I never ever do that and would rather do hours of cardio over weights.

Any suggestions with some sort of weight limiting regimen for someone who hates it..lol
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Friday:
    Cardio - 330 minutes walk/circuit training
    Something new - went for a hour long hike yesterday
    Squats - 500
    Fish Dish - 2 of 2
    Fish pic & recipe - posted

By the way, these are my whole week's totals. I am just adding to it daily.