Big & Tall People, UNITE!

Options

Replies

• ryan0815
    ryan0815 Posts: 6
    Options
    Man we need to stop talkin about BBQ!!! I could eat it for breakfast ,lunch ,and dinner. Thats one big weakness for this guy.
  • jldad
    jldad Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree! One of my favorite meals. I haven't had any in several weeks. Living in the South its part of life...
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BBQ Competition went great! We finished 54th out of 108 teams. Dead in the middle. Not bad for our first time out. Lots of the mistakes we made are easily correctable, so we have a good feeling about the rest of our competition schedule.

Managed to eat decently, too. Drank a lot, but worked really hard all three days, so it was earned.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Got my Insanity workout in today, feeling pretty good
  • Tall_TX_Chick
    Tall_TX_Chick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I'm a big and tall girl who gets along with big and tall guys, lol. Mind if I join your group?
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    This is acceptable.

Welcome!

Got a story to share, or are you keeping the mystery alive with minimal descriptions?
  • Tall_TX_Chick
    Tall_TX_Chick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is acceptable.

Welcome!

Got a story to share, or are you keeping the mystery alive with minimal descriptions?

Thanks! 24, grad student, about 6'2'' and 307 :0 Fast food is my downfall. I lost close to 50lbs on here last year but then got back into bad habits. Today, I officially gained it ALL back. It sucks seeing your hard work go to waste so I CANNOT do that again! I gotta stick to this!
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • jbarbier21
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Joe and I am 6'3" 291 lbs. (304 When I started losing weight) I really need to lose weight and get in shape for a few key reasons. The main reason is that I am getting married in November 2013 and want to look good in my tux, the other reason is that I am going to be a cop, and I need to be able to do things without getting tired fast! Weight loss has always been an issue, since I was 14 or so. Looking for motivation to keep me going! Feel free to add me!
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Keep up the good work, everyone!

Small victory: I just knocked off 3 more pounds this week!
  • megamac33
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Joe and I am 6'3" 291 lbs. (304 When I started losing weight) I really need to lose weight and get in shape for a few key reasons. The main reason is that I am getting married in November 2013 and want to look good in my tux, the other reason is that I am going to be a cop, and I need to be able to do things without getting tired fast! Weight loss has always been an issue, since I was 14 or so. Looking for motivation to keep me going! Feel free to add me!

well joe, i was in the same boat, 6 3 305 and now that i have been countin calories and workin out im down to 272 and continually improving, so it can be done if your willing to put in the effort, good luck, we are all here for ya
  • jldad
    Options
    Welcome Joe. I'm back at it after a couple of days at the beach. I was able to keep under my calories but I drank a lot of calories. The beer was worth it. We went out to a nice restaurant one night and I was surprise that the only choice for sides were FF and mashed potatoes. The FF were my splurge for the trip because I haven't had any in month. I'm back at it again and hope everyone has a great week.
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Keep kicking *kitten*, everyone!
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    How's everyone's workouts/diet plans going? I still have issues with going out after bowling and having a few drinks. I still don't eat/drink even close to my maintenance, but i'm definitely not sticking to my 1200 calories on Thursday nights.

Other than that, I kill it every morning at the gym. I started a new routine this week Savage Gains 4X4 split, and it's awesome!

Hope all my B&T peeps are hangin in there! Have a great weekend!
  • jldad
    Options
    I had a hard time drinking water and not walking this week. I'm sure that will show on my weigh in tomorrow. I was able to stay under my calories but also made a few bad choices. I'm not going to keep me from going on. Keep up the good work guys and have a great weekend.
  • megamac33
    Options
    totally blew it saturday and was a lil over sunday, got back at it today, started the 30 day shred, that will show ya how outta shape i am , day one= holy crap, lol
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Hoo boy!

Busted another plateau today. I was stuck at 317-316 for 2-3 weeks, and I weighed in this morning at 310.6!

That makes 55 lbs down since 1/1/13. The real problem now is that I've only gone down 1 pant size. 48 to 46. 46's are the perfect fit right now, which is slightly discouraging, considering I've lost 55 lbs. I hope my waistline gets the memo that I'm losing weight soon. I'd appreciate it. :)
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hoo boy!

Busted another plateau today. I was stuck at 317-316 for 2-3 weeks, and I weighed in this morning at 310.6!

That makes 55 lbs down since 1/1/13. The real problem now is that I've only gone down 1 pant size. 48 to 46. 46's are the perfect fit right now, which is slightly discouraging, considering I've lost 55 lbs. I hope my waistline gets the memo that I'm losing weight soon. I'd appreciate it. :)

WOW 55lbs since January is HUGE!!!!!!! I am soooo jealous!!! Awesome job man, you are kicking some serious butt!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Joined this group but perhaps I'm crashing the party... Are ladies allowed in the club?

I'm Michelle, 36 years young and 6ft tall.

I joined MFP in January and am still going strong.
  • CapnDonkey
    Options
    Of course you're welcome here! Please feel free to share in the discussions, share your workouts and whatever else comes to mind!