May Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

May 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831903-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2013?page=7#posts-14374618

Replies

• kzslucas
    kzslucas Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new to the group. and only recently put a "name" (binge) to what Ive been doing for years. I am going to try the May challenge. Hope to get to know some of you all better!
  • dmshores
    dmshores Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this challenge. I am very new to this group, but I want to get a handle on this...
  • dladisheff
    Options
    I will do the challenge as well....Here we come May 1st!

Donna~
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    May 2013

Diane: 0
    Binge: 0

I'm in! Let's do this! :smile:
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I will be participating in May.

I know the April Challenge helped me keep my monthly binges to a minimum (4).

Welcome to all the new people. This group is great a very supportive.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Count me in again, though I am wary as my birthday falls the 6th May, and I will be in London from 4th til the 7th...that tends to always result in binges from all the meals out (and an inability to ignore the dessert menu in restaurants).

Kate - 0.
    Binge - 0.
  • UhmazzingMarie
    Options
    Count me in on may. I'm excited for this. I think this'll really help. And keep in mind moderation is key.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have got to do better than 50%, like last month. Here we go!
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in again!! Thanks to this group I'm finally getting a grip on my eating habits!!
  • sailorsgirl86
    Options
    Me please! This is a pretty recent thing for me, it's been getting worse over the last year or so with the occasional binge, but now they are every few days :( I'm really scared of gaining all my weight back, already gained back a few lbs but exercising has helped. I really want a binge free May!!!
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) Let's go May!
  • Linzbit
    Linzbit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I know I can handle this, I'm ultimately aiming to break this habit in 21 days but less than 4B would be okay. I did it in January, I can do it again!

Jul: 0

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan 4B, Feb 8B, Mar 9B, April 6B
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Will be joining the challenge for the first time!

Me: 0
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi again everyone! It feels really great to be able to write down stuff like this in such a supportive place.

I am in for May, but I am going on a Caribbean vacation in the middle on the month so that is a little scary...
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Woot! I'm in. I hope to check here daily but if I'm only here every 3-5 days -- don't worry too much! I'll still be logging on MFP for anyone whos on my list. I find sometimes the less awareness of binge numbers I have the less pressure I feel... it's best not to focus/worry on it too much (for me, personally, because worry about NOT binge eating usually ends up to me having a binge! D:)
    I do however scribble a black square on my "binge days" (mini calendar on the wall) so I can at-least look back and count if I don't remember.

<3 Stay strong lovely people.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

May 2013:
    Beth: 0
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • iowa_cy_girl
    iowa_cy_girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New to MFP and the challenges, but after stumbling across this challenge, I finally know where it is that I need to start on my journey to find the real me! I'm ALL in!!

Me - 0
    Binge - 0
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Love that there are people that are going through the same challenges that I am and can relate.