MFP Grand Tour Cycling Challenge - Discussion/Signup Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Ride entry thread now opened at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/978733-mfp-giro-d-italia-grand-tour-challenge-rides-only - keep it just for entering rides - anything else, I reserve the right to delete to keep the thread tidy :wink:
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    HA! I was wondering why no one else had entered ride data yet... then I realized that it doesn't start until TOMORROW :D

At least my Wednesday and Thursday rides will not be in vain, as I'm also in the "May Massive" challenge on Strava :D
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Do you want us to create a new post (a reply) on the ride reports thread each day we ride or do we just reply ONCE and EDIT that reply each time we ride?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Do you want us to create a new post (a reply) on the ride reports thread each day we ride or do we just reply ONCE and EDIT that reply each time we ride?

I think that time-unlimited edits are only available to moderators of the group - so "back editing" isn't an option for everyone... Personally, I'd quote my prior report, remove the {quote} from the top and {/quote} from the bottom of post, and add in the next ride...
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi TBY - I just posted an "official" ride - let me know if the layout meets your need/any mods to make. I'd like to get the first one perfect so easier for everyone. Thanks!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hi TBY - I just posted an "official" ride - let me know if the layout meets your need/any mods to make. I'd like to get the first one perfect so easier for everyone. Thanks!

Couldn't have been better Karan - and well done on getting the whole "roll out" started :smile:
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks TBY, got it!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Thanks TBY, got it!!

Excellent :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well - that's the Giro Challenge entries thread updated.

So far we've had One Invalid from mis-declared distance/time (didn't match gps in any way),

One Invalid from hidden GPS details,

and team 1 may well have already failed to achieve the required distance on the first stage!

I've had better starts to the day :frown:
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Apologies to my team mates in team 3, this first week is going to be tough for me to get out on bike due to work and personal commitments. I will start putting the miles in honest.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I bowing out. I'm already logging data in too many places to deal with the admin headache of reformatting data and changing units for this challenge.

My apologies.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I bowing out. I'm already logging data in too many places to deal with the admin headache of reformatting data and changing units for this challenge.

My apologies.

fair enough.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Happy to announce our second reserve, daz_automatic is taking the vacant position in team 2.

Giro_Dossard_312.jpg
  • daz_automatic
    Options
    Happy to announce our second reserve, daz_automatic is taking the vacant position in team 2.

Giro_Dossard_312.jpg

Yay me! Thanks Yin :glasses:
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    After raining for four days, it's supposed to clear out tomorrow until Thursday. I was able to get in a ride today, and it was good to check out my rain gear for the year. But, I'm looking forward to some sun shine.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Hello - so nice that you can join!
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Glad to have you aboard - it's so early in the challenge, I think it was the right decision to let someone take the vacant position - it is all about getting people out there and riding after all...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    After raining for four days, it's supposed to clear out tomorrow until Thursday. I was able to get in a ride today, and it was good to check out my rain gear for the year. But, I'm looking forward to some sun shine.

Yesterday was the first day I'd actually been able to get out in shorts - the weather over here has been pretty uniformly awful.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I sympathize with you on the rain! I broke down and road 2+ hours in the rain Saturday. My shoes were still wet last evening and with the morning temps in the low 40's today I couldn't bring myself to ride.

Such seems to be the nature of these "challenges". On challenge days its hard to ride and I'll probably lay down my most mileage on a "rest" day. C'est la vie!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Okay to all my Team one folks... I know I'm not a huge hitter when it comes to miles...

I have a light week planned, but weather permitting have a double century over the weekend (105 miles each day). Just thought I'd give y'all a heads up.
This discussion has been closed.