Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Week #2 posts & schedule

Week 2 Schedule
Day 1: Cardio Power & Resistance
Day 2: Pure Cardio Day 3: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Day 4: Cardio Recovery
Day 5: Cardio Power & Resistance
Day 6: Pure Cardio and Cardio AbsDay 7: Off

Week 2 Day #1
Lets start the week off right with a short Shaun T video. Helpful tips/hints that only he could give on the INSANITY program.
I just love video shorts! :D Watch what Shaun T has to say as we start Week 2! http://youtu.be/4qSc9JhaB1A

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    I love love love Shaun T!!! I love the motivation he gives! Thanks for posting these, even though i am not in week 2 just yet....last workout for the week today!! I love these tips.
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Still in week one! did pure cardio today though- HOLY @%#^#*(#(&%
    I wanted to die. hahah. I feel great now though, but during that weekend, I literally wanted to just lay down on the ground.
    It gets easier right? :P
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Cardio Power and Resistance: I can feel myself pushing harder.
    Pure Cardio: I push myself to get through a minute but then I am tired when the next exercise starts.

I'm excited that I made it this far! and excited to keep going!
  • Cardio Power and Resistance: I can feel myself pushing harder.
    Pure Cardio: I push myself to get through a minute but then I am tired when the next exercise starts.

I'm excited that I made it this far! and excited to keep going!

Totally agree here ^^^. it does get easier the more you do it the stronger your get. I had power/resistance today. it was crazy but I think its my fav. I could tell I was getting more in and working harder. :)

@boberrymom, your very welcome. usually I do this on facebook so we can post pics of food, sweat, ect. it really is a great motivation. but thought id try it this way for those at work or not on Facebook. So far doing great! I just want to motivate and be motivated. :)
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Alright so it was my second time doing plyometric, and I burned LESS calories today, then the first time I did it. Is that normal? My body is just so exhausted, but I thought i pushed so hard! Just making sure its normal that I burned more the first time then I did the second time.
  • mnwelch
    I don't have a heart rate monitor so I couldn't tell ya. I did feel VERY tired today, I could barely move.
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Its normal to start burning less calories as you go on, its just your body showing its getting fit!
  • Alright so it was my second time doing plyometric, and I burned LESS calories today, then the first time I did it. Is that normal? My body is just so exhausted, but I thought i pushed so hard! Just making sure its normal that I burned more the first time then I did the second time.

Mikeyh is right! It is normal. I was burning less too so DO NOT worry about it. I just learned this thru P90X...the stronger/better you get the less you will burn in calories BUT your metabolism will still grow. :D So you'll burn more thru out the day.
  • SO SO SO Sorry this is posted so late. That 9:30am 3mile run really did a number on me and I was totally not expecting to feel so drained.

Here is DAY 2 of week 2 tip of the day.

Try to eat 5 times per day—3 meals and 2 snacks—each with roughly the same amount of calories. It keeps your blood sugar stable instead of peaking and crashing, which can lead to overeating and a general poor feeling.`
  • mnwelch
    Finished Cardio Recovery bright and early this morning and I'm feeling great!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Swapped Week 2 Pure Cardio and plyo, so I'll be doing pure cardio tomorrow evening (can't do it at 6am after a late Wednesday night!)

Cardio recovery does feel good doesnt it? My friend who enjoys yoga now wants to try that session out
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Alright so it was my second time doing plyometric, and I burned LESS calories today, then the first time I did it. Is that normal? My body is just so exhausted, but I thought i pushed so hard! Just making sure its normal that I burned more the first time then I did the second time.

Mikeyh is right! It is normal. I was burning less too so DO NOT worry about it. I just learned this thru P90X...the stronger/better you get the less you will burn in calories BUT your metabolism will still grow. :D So you'll burn more thru out the day.

My husband and I also noticed that it is harder to get our heart rate up this week which I consider a win! It means we are building up more stamina! Its amazing how quickly this workout does that! Yay for NSV's!
  • DAY 10:
    It's Week 2, and soreness may be setting in. You might be tempted to skip a workout because you are feeling "so sore." Exercise actually increases circulation, which in turn speeds healing. So keep going and make sure to get your 8 hours of sleep each night so that your body is getting the rest and recovery it needs.

I just found this out to be true today. Yesterday as most you may know I did Core Synergistic's (P90X, finishing that up this week :D) and I ran 3miles. I was feeling wrecked and I was planning on just doing Recovery today. However I decided to wait to do my workout later in the day and I am Soooo glad I did and I decided to PUSH myself and do Plyo anyway. I did better today than I did last Friday with Plyo and burned more calories. Thats a WIN!
  • ironpudge
    ironpudge Posts: 12 Member
    Way to go guys! This week is really going fast for me, I am so thankful it's thursday! Keep pressing play, even if it's 1:00 o'clock in the morning try to get these workout in. You'll be glad you did! Day 23 CHECK!

Let's make sure we all get our T-shirts btw!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    hehe, I cant get a tshirt as a. I'm borrrowing the DVD set and b. Im in the UK - but please post a photo when you get it!

I did the pure cardio session this morning, it's so much fun! bonkers, without any breaks but as soon as he said to take a break when you feel your form slipping, I realised how sensible it was. I cant do pushups still, I just do a tiny dip on the pressup/jacks.
  • DAY 11:

Everyone is doing great. I assume we have a few that dropped off already as there are 42 members and only a handful of posters. BUT those who are still committed and here I am so HAPPY you are!

As you are making fitness part of your routine, those real-life stresses keep trying to creep back in. The answer is not to skip your workout or have a cheat meal—just get in and Push Play. Working out actually releases stress-reducing hormones and will encourage you to continue fueling your body with healthy food. Stay consistent, guys!
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    I'm beginning to love Thrusdays!!! Cardio recovery!! Yay
    Day 11 Done!!!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    By far my favorite one is Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Now if I could just do a few more of the basketball drills before I fall on my face! LOL!
  • mnwelch
    @Turbomoma, thanks for your posts. I really needed them as I was very tempted to skip out on todays workout.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    really dont like the bounces on Recovery...my legs shake like mad and I cant keep going without falling! Sigh...one day! Next round hopefully I'll get further on them!