May Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Mollie - 7
    Binge - 2 (4th, 5th)

Days did not log it all - 2 (4th, 5th)________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    Apr - 5 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    [/quote]
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me : 7
    Binge : 2

Another HUGE breakthrough for me last night! Had alcohol with a nice meal and I managed to stop eating when I was full (the food was so nice I'd normally just keep eating until it was gone). Then I said no to dessert because I was genuinely full. Then trigger food was put on the table & I didn't touch it. Quite a big thing for me as alcohol normally sends it all out of the window.
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    May 9

Me: 8

The binge: 1

I had a treat night with definite trigger food and stopped when I was full even tho there was food left. It felt good.
  • DystoniaGirl
    DystoniaGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know im joining in a little late but hope youll still allow it as this seems great xx
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Angela: 8
    The Binge: 2

Even though I've 'only' binged twice in May, they were both terrible, and I haven't been under or at calories for except for 3 days... All the rest (even the 'non-binge' days) have been THOUSANDS of calories over. I was already over my weekly calorie goal by Thursday night, and the week ends on Sunday...

I have been having a hard time completing my running routine on time (although I haven't failed to meet a weekly deadline for kilometers ran yet) and I've been suffering from severe depression.

I don't know what to do. I live abroad, and won't come back to the US for two more months. I don't have a psychiatrist here, but maybe I should get one... Then again, I'm moving so soon...

I'm interested in trying Topomax, because I've heard it can be used to treat BED, but I don't have a formal diagnosis.

I wonder if anyone here has tried that? Also, I wonder how hard it will be to get a diagnosis while living in Hong Kong.

Ugh. I feel really lost right now.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sorry so many in the group are having a hard time at the moment. Hope things improve soon.

May 10th

Sarah: 9
    Binge: 1 (01/05) Woo hoo, 9 days in a row binge-free :)
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    May 10th

Binge: 2-More like 1.5 because the 8th was a birthday and I had more calories than I planned, but not over and not a full on binge.

Hang in there everybody and have an awesome weekend!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    May 7
    Karen 4
    The Binge 3
    Over Calories 2

Days Left 22

Binge Days
    5/2 5/4 5/5

Overate last night
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    10th May.

Kate - 8.
    Binge - 2.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    May 10

Binge: 1
    (5/3)

Weekend challenges ahead. Big Bday party for a roommate with a party at my house Sat night and mothers day cookout and games on Sunday. I plan on going over calories both days and logging everything. I am determined to make this a binge free weekend. But also a very fun one. Wish me luck!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ya'll!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Me: 9
    Binge: 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    May 2013

Diane: 3
    Binge: 6
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 8
    Overate like a normal person: 1
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Angela: 8
    The Binge: 2

Even though I've 'only' binged twice in May, they were both terrible, and I haven't been under or at calories for except for 3 days... All the rest (even the 'non-binge' days) have been THOUSANDS of calories over. I was already over my weekly calorie goal by Thursday night, and the week ends on Sunday...

I have been having a hard time completing my running routine on time (although I haven't failed to meet a weekly deadline for kilometers ran yet) and I've been suffering from severe depression.

I don't know what to do. I live abroad, and won't come back to the US for two more months. I don't have a psychiatrist here, but maybe I should get one... Then again, I'm moving so soon...

I'm interested in trying Topomax, because I've heard it can be used to treat BED, but I don't have a formal diagnosis.

I wonder if anyone here has tried that? Also, I wonder how hard it will be to get a diagnosis while living in Hong Kong.

Ugh. I feel really lost right now.

I'm sure you do feel lost! You have lots of challenges, but the fact that you are still exercising and reaching out for support tells me that you are going to be okay. If you are depressed, be sure to be extra kind and patient with yourself. Its not a character defect - its a brain chemical problem.

I suffer from depression, too, and it makes perfect sense that you would use food to medicate yourself since the extra carbs do make us feel better...for a while. You are very clear about your symptoms, so I think a psychiatrist would be able to help you very quickly. My experience has been that they may be unsure about the depression and want to hold off and try behavior management treatment, when I describe how I eat, they wake up and take notice and do something!

I don't know anything about Topomax, but medication has helped me a lot. Hong Kong is a very modern city and I am sure you can find excellent mental health professionals there.

Good luck! You'll get through this:heart:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I know im joining in a little late but hope youll still allow it as this seems great xx

Jump right in, people can join anytime they like.
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    May 10

Me-10
    B-0
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Me - 8
    Binge - 2

I've been over on calories every day this week, but only one day with binging behavior. I keep seeing posts about how one day over kcals isn't so bad, but I've strung 5 days together in a row. Complacency kicking in, most likely.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Jump right in, people can join anytime they like.

This is what I was going to say. Beat me to it. Ha. :D

Heather: 10
  • Ibipo
    Ibipo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am joining this group now. I can see that this will be very helpful for my new nutrition plan
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me : 8
    Binge : 2

Another win for me! I'm doing so much better and best of all it's been less of a struggle.

I've been reading Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" & listening to his audio hypnosis. Over the last few days I've noticed a massive difference in how I view food. I've been able to leave food on my plate & my cravings a haven't been nearly so bad. He claims to be able to reprogram your brain to enjoy every mouthful of food but stop when you're full. I was skeptical, but thought I'd read it with an open mind. I must admit, it seems to be working! Not sure if it's a placebo effect, but quite frankly, as long as it helps, does it matter how or why?

I would recommend all of my BED friends give it a read. There's an app for it too :smile: