Replies

• RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Decided not to rest today level 1 day 4
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Day 4, week 1 done. I did a week 1 C25K run earlier in the day and found 30DS much easier! I think being warm already helped me with some of the difficult moves (anterior raises, etc.). I did one "real" push up, so...progress! :happy:

I watched the video while listening to my own music today, so I paid closer attention to what was happening on the screen. Some observations:

1. Natalie cheats on the static lunge/bicep curl!
    2. Anita shakes her ponytail during every transition (almost)
    3. Jillian squats much deeper than both women on the punches
    4. At one point, Jillian totally loses her train of thought...During the anterior raises, she starts to remind us why we're working small muscles in with big ones, but instead compliments the ladies for not cheating
    5. Anita quits jumping jacks a bit early at one point. And she looks totally miserable during the last cardio set.
    6. The knot in my stomach is not fear leaving the body. I have no idea what that means. That's lactic acid interacting with calcium in my abdominal muscles. Don't lie to me, Jillian!

Can't wait to see what's in store for level 2...harhar.

1. What a bish. Cheater!
    2. I do too, I shake my ponytail as much as possible because I have thick hair and it keeps my neck cool
    3. So do I.
    4. Rofl. I didn't notice, but it happens to the best of us.
    5. I noticed this, but i blame it on Jillian because she sometimes loses me on her " seconds" or "counts". Oy. Like on lunges with bicep curls "only a couple more" o.0 THEN WHY THE HELL DID I DO SIX MORE?! THATS NOT A COUPLE. Learn to count lady.
    6. I thought it was because she thinks all of us can do crunches faster than what we really can. Like on squat punches, I can't breathe as fast as you guys without getting winded. Jeez woman, we may not all be whales, but we're not as tiny as you.
  • faemisamis
    faemisamis Posts: 11
    Options
    5. I noticed this, but i blame it on Jillian because she sometimes loses me on her " seconds" or "counts". Oy. Like on lunges with bicep curls "only a couple more" o.0 THEN WHY THE HELL DID I DO SIX MORE?! THATS NOT A COUPLE. Learn to count lady.
    6. I thought it was because she thinks all of us can do crunches faster than what we really can. Like on squat punches, I can't breathe as fast as you guys without getting winded. Jeez woman, we may not all be whales, but we're not as tiny as you.

Lolz. You're so right.

Jillian lies like a rug. A very fit, motivating rug.
  • pkralev
    pkralev Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay finished Day 7 level 1. I've set my goal for tomorrow to do at least 5 push ups on my toes. I actually can't wait for level 2 in a way as i'm sort of getting bored with the same thing everyday now.
    Does anyone know of any other exercise dvd's that are about 25 minutes long and kick your butt like this work out. Thinking of doing something at night as well (i don't want to really do 30 day shred twice in one day)?
  • QueenMJD
    QueenMJD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 completed! I can definitely tell that i'm improving, but I still hate the jump ropes!!
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    L1D5 - still can't do the push ups and some of the cardio really to to me, but overall I thinking improving
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 4, week 1 done. I did a week 1 C25K run earlier in the day and found 30DS much easier! I think being warm already helped me with some of the difficult moves (anterior raises, etc.). I did one "real" push up, so...progress! :happy:

I watched the video while listening to my own music today, so I paid closer attention to what was happening on the screen. Some observations:

4. At one point, Jillian totally loses her train of thought...During the anterior raises, she starts to remind us why we're working small muscles in with big ones, but instead compliments the ladies for not cheating
    5. Anita quits jumping jacks a bit early at one point. And she looks totally miserable during the last cardio set.
    6. The knot in my stomach is not fear leaving the body. I have no idea what that means. That's lactic acid interacting with calcium in my abdominal muscles. Don't lie to me, Jillian!

This made me laugh so much thank you for a great start to my day love it !!|!:laugh: :laugh:
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    level 1 day 8 done i still cant do the push ups without the modification but i never have been able to anyway so im not that bothered, no problems with my c section scar so far although i actually cant see it for the roll of flab covering it:laugh: or as jillian calls it a little pooch what a stupid name its flab and calling it something cute doesnt make it look any better im talking about my own body here and not just generally :smile: have a great day every one and keep shredding !!

when are we moving to level 2 is it ment to be after 10 days ?? i dont know if im ready xx
  • cazzamartinek
    Options

1. What a bish. Cheater!
    2. I do too, I shake my ponytail as much as possible because I have thick hair and it keeps my neck cool
    3. So do I.
    4. Rofl. I didn't notice, but it happens to the best of us.

love it !!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 8 done i still cant do the push ups without the modification but i never have been able to anyway so im not that bothered, no problems with my c section scar so far although i actually cant see it for the roll of flab covering it:laugh: or as jillian calls it a little pooch what a stupid name its flab and calling it something cute doesnt make it look any better im talking about my own body here and not just generally :smile: have a great day every one and keep shredding !!

when are we moving to level 2 is it ment to be after 10 days ?? i dont know if im ready xx

I'm moving to level 2 on Thursday ready or not! just gonna to give it a try and see how I go, if I can't do it then back to level 1! :)
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options

I'm moving to level 2 on Thursday ready or not! just gonna to give it a try and see how I go, if I can't do it then back to level 1! :)

Yeah same, my Day 10 is Wednesday when I'm having a weigh-in/measure/picture! Very scary but hopefully I'll see some kind of positive change that will kick my butt into Level 2!

Unfortunately I don't think I can afford to go back to Level 1 if Level 2 kills me, I timed this just before a holiday. I'll be doing squats and push ups on the plane!

Day 8 went well, still tires me out and I hate the first set of cardio but think I'm getting better.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Back to it after my 2-day weekend rest. I really was close to giving up today, but I thought about this group, and it really pushed me forward. Thanks all- I dedicate my Day 6 Level 1 to you :drinker:
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Yeah same, my Day 10 is Wednesday when I'm having a weigh-in/measure/picture! Very scary but hopefully I'll see some kind of positive change that will kick my butt into Level 2!

Unfortunately I don't think I can afford to go back to Level 1 if Level 2 kills me, I timed this just before a holiday. I'll be doing squats and push ups on the plane!

Day 8 went well, still tires me out and I hate the first set of cardio but think I'm getting better.

I'm also hoping for a bit of a change when I do pic's on Wednesday, I know I've lost 5" all over since starting as I was naughty the other day and measured but want to see it for myself in pictures.
    I'm the same with that flippin first cardio set, it kills me but it is improving I don't feel as though my heart is coming out of my mouth now!! I really can't wait to start level 2 as I am a little bored with level 1 so hoping to be able to do it, I'm sure I will just push through it anyway as I know that I'll get there, I really don't want to go back to level 1!
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 4! My alarm went off at 5:30 and I did NOT want to get up but made myself. I feel like I'm starting to do better with the strength exercises and only need to take a few 5ish second breaks - day one I was taking a break like every minute so I'm definitley getting better!
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    L1D7 done :) It is def getting easier. I too struggle with the first cardio session. I am also not even going to attempt level 2 till I concur this one. Its just what i want to do to prove I can do it :bigsmile: and do it right without a struggle :tongue:
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    L1 D6. I'm still having a tough time with the anterior raises and side lunges. I'm able to do more modified push ups without stopping (up to 15). Def. seeing an improvement in my endurance!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :smile: Level 1 Day 7 done! I was impressed with myself a little this morning. I was actually able to do the first set of pushups with no modification!!! Woo hoo!! Second set though I did have to do modification. Also the first cardio circuit I was able to do the entire thing without stopping!! Wasn't easy but I pushed through it. So I can tell my endurance is definitely getting better!! I really hope I will be able to tell a difference when the 30 days is done!

Question for you guys, what are you doing for calories? Are you doing 1200 calories, portion control or TDEE -20%? I personally am doing the TDEE -20%. I'm just curious as to what you all are doing.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It really frustrates me that MFP uses 1200 calories as a legit way to lose weight. You will lose weight on 1200 but you wont keep it off and you wont be healthy especially if you don't eat back your calories.

ANYWAY.
    Today is my day 7. I got curious this morning and weighed myself which made me frustrated and furious because I haven't lost a single pound. I'm going to weigh myself at the dr office tomorrow but I've actually been working hard and eating right. If I lose inches I'll be happy but I don't think I've done that either.

I also am ready for level 2 and I know level 2 will actually be easier for me. The planks and ab work is easy to me. But I'm hoping for some of a challenge.
    I'm going to the gym after lunch (I'd much rather go in the morning but I use the gym through our local hospital and it closes on m/w/f from 7am-1pm for cardiac rehab program) and I'll do day 7 tonight.
  • cwillen65
    cwillen65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1: Feeling sore today and that tells me it's working! I have really been pleased with how I've been eating since I started on Saturday! I think when you work that hard you may feel like you don't want to ruin it by eating junk. I have been eating healthy with only lean protein and fresh fruits and vegetables. I haven't been snacking like I usually do so that's a good think. I'm planning to weigh and measure on wednesdays. Hope to see a little change!
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    :smile: Level 1 Day 7 done! I was impressed with myself a little this morning. I was actually able to do the first set of pushups with no modification!!! Woo hoo!! Second set though I did have to do modification. Also the first cardio circuit I was able to do the entire thing without stopping!! Wasn't easy but I pushed through it. So I can tell my endurance is definitely getting better!! I really hope I will be able to tell a difference when the 30 days is done!

Question for you guys, what are you doing for calories? Are you doing 1200 calories, portion control or TDEE -20%? I personally am doing the TDEE -20%. I'm just curious as to what you all are doing.

Have a great day everyone!!

I have my calories set at my BMR which is 1395 ~ lose a little less than 1lb per week. I eat back exercise calories as well.