Report Bugs and Problems Here

Options

Replies

• Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is my birthday week so I have been a little bit of a slacker. I will be back on track after the weekend.

I did have it crash on me once, other than that I have not noticed any issues, and I am liking the clean new interface.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Basically useless to me today :(.....keeps crashing.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    my exercise didn't sync from the phone to the web site today
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen a couple times. When deleting an item, it would delete from the top of the meal but add it back to the bottom. Also happened once with an exercise - I recorded the wrong calorie amount, so went to delete it and add it (since there's no change), but the deleted one remained at the bottom.

This happens to me when I click more than once because I thought the app is stuck in loading too long.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi bugtrain,

I am sorry to hear the app isn't working for you today. If you continue to experience this crashing please let us know. Also, is it crashing at a particular point or as soon as you open it?

Thanks,
    Olivia
    Basically useless to me today :(.....keeps crashing.
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia,

Could you have a locked thread that lists any reported bugs that have been fixed with the fix date? Even better if the list could have what you are working on before it is fixed.

This thread has a lot of people posting so there is no easy way to see if the issue you want to report is "known" (i.e. reported a dozen times already) and when the fixes come through it will be hard to know if you should report something again as the fix did not work or it might have a different cause the fixed issue that displayed the same symptom.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    my exercise didn't sync from the phone to the web site today

More: When I go to Settings -> Data Sync it says there are two local changes unsynced (i had entered two exercise entries).
    When I tap Synchronize Now, it says "Synchronizing Data..."

FOREVER!

If I push my S3 home button to put the app in the background, then "dismiss" the app from the app manager, then re-start the app (by touching the MFP icon), the initial screen says "Synchronizing Data..."

FOREVER!

If I reboot my phone and then touch the icon to re-start the app, the initial screen says "Synchronizing Data..."

FOREVER!

Actually I can hit the back button (which dismisses the app and the initial screen), get back into the app (it shows my Home screen), then go to the Diary and delete the two exercise entries, then go to the Settings -> Data Sync screen and it will say "All local changes synced". Then I can go to the web site & add the exercise entries there.

So those exercise entries would not sync from the phone to the MFP server diary.
  • viscome
    viscome Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I encountered another bug:

When trying to search for a food using the bar code, the food currently there had the incorrect nutrition facts, so I selected "Create Food"

After entering all the necessary information for the food, I clicked to save and then...nothing. The food was not listed, not selected to change my serving for the meal, it wasn't even listed in my My Foods section.

Have to go to the site to add the food now.
  • compumomma
    compumomma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is something that occurred in the previous version also, after I make an entry and close the app the icon stays up at the top of my home screen saying 'syncing' and will not go away until I open the app again. This did not happen on my Droid X but is now happening on my Galaxy 3
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I updated the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3, all my settings remained the same. Then I updated the app on my Toshiba Excite tablet, it changed my daily calories settings and when I tried to redo them using MFP to calculate it, it wouldn't work. I had to manually set everything.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    like others

I'm missing the predictive text (never, EVER thought I'd say that!)
    Clickable links to friends/comments would be a bonus
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    When I am on the diary screen and push the serving of a food item in order to change it if I ate more than I had originally planned, when the ap takes me to the screen with the calories, the measuring unit of that food has changed, many times to a unit that I had never used. ie, I had planned to eat 0.5 medium banana and wanted to change the quantity to 1 banana. The ap changed it to cup of bananas as a measuring unit, so I had to change both the quantity and the unit.

When I am in the add screen trying to find a food item and start typing the name to search for it, the ap does not offer suggestions even for foods that I had eaten the day before. ie I wanted to add mango raw. The ap suggested mango lemonade Auntie Anne's that I had months ago, and mango smoothie, but not the whole mango that I frequently had.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I just encountered my first glitch. I've been using it for days and just now when I logged on it wouldn't let me pass until I approved terms and conditions but I couldn't see any, just a white screen. HTC Thunderbolt from USA.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Screenshot_2013-05-26-19-37-11_zpsdda2084d.png

I got this error 4 different times today trying to search the database to log my food. It froze my phone and had to reboot. I'm using a droid razor Maxx.
  • mischiefmack
    mischiefmack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bug: Food entry calorie discrepencies when syncing food added on myfitnesspal.com
    Primo Capellini - 60g = ~200 mfp.com
    Same entry, synced to myp app turns into 5100g and 18000 calories

Bug: Terms and agreement blank on Galaxy note 2
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    When I am on the diary screen and push the serving of a food item in order to change it if I ate more than I had originally planned, when the ap takes me to the screen with the calories, the measuring unit of that food has changed, many times to a unit that I had never used. ie, I had planned to eat 0.5 medium banana and wanted to change the quantity to 1 banana. The ap changed it to cup of bananas as a measuring unit, so I had to change both the quantity and the unit.

When I am in the add screen trying to find a food item and start typing the name to search for it, the ap does not offer suggestions even for foods that I had eaten the day before. ie I wanted to add mango raw. The ap suggested mango lemonade Auntie Anne's that I had months ago, and mango smoothie, but not the whole mango that I frequently had.

I am having this same problum. Also it has been crashing quite a bit. Im kinda missing the more seamless design of the older version. That being said.. I know this is still a work in progress and will continue using it until it is all figured out. Will write a more thorough report when I have time.
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have had horrible time with it between yesterday and today. Shuts down every time I try to update my diary. Also, last night I had entered most of my food on the website. When I went to update using my phone later on in the day, nothing was updated/synced. I then started to look at the message feed, and went to post a comment, as I was entering the comment, it jumped back to the home screen and was updated with calories. I then tried to go back to the messages and it shut down again. Of all the times the it shut down (more than 3 in the past 2 days) I only received a message that the app had to force close once, the other times it happened without warning and just closed.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    If someone comments on your status you can no longer get to their profile via hyper link. Of course, if you were able to receive notifications that someone has commented or responded to your comments we wouldn't have to do the wierd post to profile thing to begin with.
  • slrican
    slrican Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    -Terms and conditions was a white screen, with an "I agree" button. I clicked it to move on.
    -App keeps crashing my phone.
    -Stuff I enter on the app is not updating the website consistently. This applies to comments, food and exercise. Also, it sometimes duplicates things, for example I entered walking yesterday and it put in the entry twice.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Had an email telling me I'd been invited to join a group. On the app this message was not to be found anywhere, I had to log into the website to see it...
This discussion has been closed.