Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to get this done today, ill be finishing level one tomorrow morning, then onto level 2 finally on Wednesday.
  • faemisamis
    faemisamis Posts: 11
    Options
    After a bout of shellfish allergies, I'm a bit behind...

Day 7 Level 1 done. I'm so ready to move on at this point. I'll definitely be doing it every day until level 2 so I can catch up with all y'all...
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I did D3 L1 today. (I've already gone through the Shred in full, and used it on many occasions for a single-time workout.) I was aiming to do it for a full 30 days, but took that last 15 days off (and did nothing, and then some elliptical). I was back with it today, and WILL do the next 27 days back-to-back! Today the Shred felt really great. Looking forward to staying inspired by reading about all the progress the rest of you are making!
  • preeti77
    preeti77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Starting again!
  • Kassadeedle
    Options
    Day 10 done finally! I took 2 rest days during level one. I haven't lost any weight but have lost an inch around my natural waist and 1.5inches @ my belly button! Didn't measure anything else yet because I was in a rush. Can't wait to start level 2 tomorrow!
  • cwillen65
    cwillen65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 Done!!! Yay! Back is feeling better! That was really worrying me but now I know it just must have been soreness. My endurance today was even better!
  • faemisamis
    faemisamis Posts: 11
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 done. Two more days...two more days...
  • Kassadeedle
    Options
    Ok I took measurements, level one I lost a total of .4lb and 3.75in :)
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 2 done.

I'm not losing as many inches as you guys are. =( I measured after level 1 and I'll measure again after level 2 and hopefully see a difference.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Can't edit earlier post for whatever reason.

I just wanted to say, I'm probably the only one that does this (because I tend to be a very verbal and vulgar person) ... at the end of each day I do 30DS, I pause the video and before I walk out of the room to go shower, I tell Jillian to F herself. Makes me feel better. (=
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D4 L1 completed! It was a great workout, except that my wrist has been hurting and I had to do the pushups at a 45 degree angle off the dresser. :laugh: I wanted to add more (Zumba), but I was in a rush to take my shower (before there was lightning).
  • preeti77
    preeti77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 Done!!! :)
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Day 3 Level 2 done.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D5 L2 complete, though not done very well. Sore from yesterday still. Only started to enjoy the workout after the last set of punches. (circuit 3 of cardio)
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm discouraged. I am 2/3 of the way done with 30DS and I see absolutely no difference, and I weigh 3lbs more. I did take 4days in a row off because I had really hurt my shoulder bad but then got right back to it. I just thought I'd See "some" change by now :( I am determined to stick out all 30 workouts. Hope change is on it's way!
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm discouraged. I am 2/3 of the way done with 30DS and I see absolutely no difference, and I weigh 3lbs more. I did take 4days in a row off because I had really hurt my shoulder bad but then got right back to it. I just thought I'd See "some" change by now :( I am determined to stick out all 30 workouts. Hope change is on it's way!

I had the same, I lost a total of 7" from all over on level 1 but later discovered that was water retention! lol! I have gained weight and after day 3 of level 2 I felt really demotivated and stopped for a few days, that was on Monday. I have not started again yet as I am sure that the 30DS is not enough on it's own and the weight gain, although it is muscle building is not what I want, I have some more weight to lose around 20lbs or so and if I am gaining then I will never reach my goal. I intend to use my elliptical more and try and get back on track with 30DS when my kids go back to school after the half term holiday on Monday.
    Hopefully you will start and see some changes really soon as we are all different so good luck
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options

I had the same, I lost a total of 7" from all over on level 1 but later discovered that was water retention! lol! I have gained weight and after day 3 of level 2 I felt really demotivated and stopped for a few days, that was on Monday. I have not started again yet as I am sure that the 30DS is not enough on it's own and the weight gain, although it is muscle building is not what I want, I have some more weight to lose around 20lbs or so and if I am gaining then I will never reach my goal. I intend to use my elliptical more and try and get back on track with 30DS when my kids go back to school after the half term holiday on Monday.
    Hopefully you will start and see some changes really soon as we are all different so good luck

I hate how Jillian makes promises of change. You're not going to change unless you really force your body, put a lot of strain on it. This also depends on how much you're eating, what you're eating and how well your metabolism cooperates. You should be doing more than just 30DS. I do 30DS but I also do an hour of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training at least 3x a week. You are going to lose inches more than pounds when doing the program correctly and don't forget that the muscle you're gaining may not weigh more than fat but it takes up a hell of a lot less room. When measuring, you should try to measure the exact same spot with the same measuring tape every time (and this is harder than it sounds lol especially if you're measuring yourself). Weigh only once a week at most and weigh first thing in the morning, naked after you go potty to get the most accurate weight. Keep your chin up buttercup, even if you lose nothing, you'll gain confidence, the ability to say you did it and strength for your next challenge.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The very first time I did 30DS about 5 years ago, I didn't have a drop in weight at all. I had firmed up in areas, and I noticed that I was stronger and had more endurance for things, but my weight hadn't changed at all. I didn't do measurements then, and I hadn't changed my diet at all.

The second time I did it, about 2 years ago, I watched my diet carefully and also did other work outs daily. That's when I lost about 15 lbs and 2 pants sizes.

The 30DS does work, but you can't expect it to work miracles if you don't also watch what you eat and change your lifestyle if you are trying to lose a fair bit of weight.
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The very first time I did 30DS about 5 years ago, I didn't have a drop in weight at all. I had firmed up in areas, and I noticed that I was stronger and had more endurance for things, but my weight hadn't changed at all. I didn't do measurements then, and I hadn't changed my diet at all.

The second time I did it, about 2 years ago, I watched my diet carefully and also did other work outs daily. That's when I lost about 15 lbs and 2 pants sizes.

The 30DS does work, but you can't expect it to work miracles if you don't also watch what you eat and change your lifestyle if you are trying to lose a fair bit of weight.

Agreed, but in my case my diet has been changed a hell of a lot, my original weight gain, before starting my weight loss journey last year, was due to not eating, I didn't eat anywhere near enough and I gained weight as a result.
    The times I did eat, I ate crap but didn't binge, it was just not a clean diet.
    Since changing that last year I lost over 40lbs on my own with a bit of light exercise as I was to lazy to do more! but a change in mental attitude this year has led me to do more exercise and try and lose the last 20lbs and tone up, with just 30DS that is not happening and it makes you wonder why your bothering even though you know it is good for you and making you stronger.
    At the end of the day weight loss of any sort is also about nutrition, feed yourself junk and no amount of exercise is gonna help you, feed your body the fuel it needs and you should see a difference.
    The thing that I haven't liked, is that the gain in weight is demotivating to say the least, especially when your cutting calories, eating clean and working out and still you gain weight! my weekly calorie deficit for the last few weeks has been around 3196 so if it takes a deficit of 3000 calories to lose a lb and I find I have gained then I am ever likely to feel discouraged! despite knowing that your building muscle, if the scales don't budge then you feel low.
    I hope for change now that I have started to make better use of my elliptical, rather than using it a couple of times a week like I used to, I use it every day and then when I get back on track with 30DS on Monday I hope to burn the fat and tone up, I hope that the combination will work better in all areas as the 30DS is good for toning but you have to do more to lose the fat as well.
    I don't think anyone is expecting it to work miracles and that everyone doing this is trying to eat clean in order to lose the weight as well, if their not then there is no wonder it isn't working for them. However for those of us who are doing everything right and still gaining weight it is not helpful to be told what we already know and what we are already doing
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options

Agreed, but in my case my diet has been changed a hell of a lot, my original weight gain, before starting my weight loss journey last year, was due to not eating, I didn't eat anywhere near enough and I gained weight as a result.
    The times I did eat, I ate crap but didn't binge, it was just not a clean diet.
    Since changing that last year I lost over 40lbs on my own with a bit of light exercise as I was to lazy to do more! but a change in mental attitude this year has led me to do more exercise and try and lose the last 20lbs and tone up, with just 30DS that is not happening and it makes you wonder why your bothering even though you know it is good for you and making you stronger.
    At the end of the day weight loss of any sort is also about nutrition, feed yourself junk and no amount of exercise is gonna help you, feed your body the fuel it needs and you should see a difference.
    The thing that I haven't liked, is that the gain in weight is demotivating to say the least, especially when your cutting calories, eating clean and working out and still you gain weight! my weekly calorie deficit for the last few weeks has been around 3196 so if it takes a deficit of 3000 calories to lose a lb and I find I have gained then I am ever likely to feel discouraged! despite knowing that your building muscle, if the scales don't budge then you feel low.
    I hope for change now that I have started to make better use of my elliptical, rather than using it a couple of times a week like I used to, I use it every day and then when I get back on track with 30DS on Monday I hope to burn the fat and tone up, I hope that the combination will work better in all areas as the 30DS is good for toning but you have to do more to lose the fat as well.
    I don't think anyone is expecting it to work miracles and that everyone doing this is trying to eat clean in order to lose the weight as well, if their not then there is no wonder it isn't working for them. However for those of us who are doing everything right and still gaining weight it is not helpful to be told what we already know and what we are already doing

1. It actually takes 3500 calories to lose a pound.
    2. Check your scale batteries.
    3. Like I said before, ONLY weigh once a week and ONLY in the morning, completely naked before eating anything, after using the potty.
    4. Do more than just the elliptical, go for a walk or run, switch it up, if your body gets used to burning calories the same way, you aren't challenging it.
    5. If after the 30 days, you see absolutely no change in weight or tone, I would get your thyroid checked, if you haven't already. If it's not that, maybe 30DS just isn't the challenge for you. I know people who've gone through it and not lost anything but done other just as challenging things and lost tons. Not everything can be cookie cutter, we're not all molds of one another.

Good luck!