Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• salemat
    salemat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Just finished W4D1 and it was not as bad as I thought it'd be. :tongue:
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm on W3D2... I know the program is only 3 w/o a week, but I usually do it 4-5x a week before moving up. I did W3D2 this morning, and I actually think W3 is much each easier than the first 2.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've done week 4 day 3, three times and still couldn't do it. I think I hit a mental block so I decided to move on. So glad I did. I completed week 5 day 1 today with ease!! I even went for longer and did some faster paced runs! Feeling so good right now !!!
    I'm a little fazed by day 2, but I will give it my best on Thurdsay.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    W3 D1 Zombie style... almost killed me... meh I exaggerate... I ran late, with a head ache and after food so it was never going to be good.... but I finished it... more walking than running and paused the program for a few mins (kept walking just without anything..)
    But I did it! I did all the knee lifts I did the run walk drills, the only thing I feel I opted out on a little was one of my 8min free forms was 8 mins of just walking. But meh I didnt stop thats all that counts :)
    x
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The dreaded W5D3—Bam! It felt really good to achieve a goal, it feels like a huge milestone in C25K.
    I am amazed at how the body changes.
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    week 6 day 2 today. Outside. I'm still running a lot slower than I'd like (it is so hard to run against wind!), but I am running every minute I'm supposed to. Since I don't quite get the mileage in with my speed I keep walking the cool down until I get to the 3 miles.
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    W7d1 completed :) feels amazing to get through it everytime I think I cant. Everyone keep up the hard work, it's so worth it
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, I stepped on a piece of trim with two nails in it today. Thankfully they didn't go in deep so I'm hoping it won't affect my runs. My right neck gland also swelled today and I feel like I'm coming down with something so that might be why I couldn't do the running straight thru this morning. I was at Disney for three days over the weekend, so lots of germ exposure.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Woop woop!!!! Week 7, day 3 smashed!!! Actually ran for 31mins . . . was on the treadie and got the stitch early o so just dropped the speed and then managed to go for longer . . . . feeling pretty damn good now!!! :bigsmile:
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 for me this morning. Up and out with the dog before 6am to do a hilly trail route. My pace was slightly slower than normal but until the second half of the last five minute run it was all uphill plus I had a headache which actually was a good distraction as I was thinking of that rather than wondering how much further I had to go!!

I also did week 4 with my friend last night as she doesn't feel ready to move onto week 5 yet.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Last night I did W4D3 which on my app was R:3mins, W:3mins, R:6mins, W:3mins, R:4mins.

After the first 3 min run I felt like I was going to die and really wanted to give up, but I didn't (and I'm so glad I didn't) as I made it through the 6 minute with not too much trouble and felt AMAZING. I don't even remember the final 4 minutes, but I definitely ran it.

WOOHOOO.

On to week 5!
  • Morganva
    Morganva Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D1 last night. It was a little tough due to the hills. I think I will run on a flat surface for the dreaded W5D3 coming up for me on Saturday. Trying not to get too nervous about it.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Finish W3D2 today. Did it in my neighborhood so had to deal with hills, broken pavement, and various obstacles on the sidewalk. I think on Friday that I'm going to use the bike path near my house. I'll have to drive to it, but it should be a more pleasant run.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    W3D1. I ran three minutes straight. Twice. That's a miracle for me. The shin pain is manageable, which is half the battle.

And I did an arms raised over head thing when the first three minutes was up :bigsmile:
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5D2. YooHoo! So excited about W5D3....Ok, maybe a bit nervous too. I keep telling myself if I did it today I can do it tomorrow!!!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W2 D2 done, so far so good... today and tomorrow nothing, Friday back to the treadmill!! :bigsmile:

Really inspirational to see you all being able to progress so far into the program. Thank you!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W7D1 today. I would love to say I ran right through it without any problems but I can't. I was great...then I was dead...then I was great...then I was dead. Still farther and faster than anything I've done before so I'm ok with it. I'll just keep at it. Eventually my brain/lungs/legs will decide to all work together. :)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to do light exercise today (normally would do JMBR) in hopes that I'll feel up to c25k tomorrow. I'm going to put a bad on my nails-to-foot wound and hopefully it won't inhibit my stride too much.
  • skiporchid
    skiporchid Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I waited until 8:30pm to run tonight hoping the temps would cool down and the humidity would drop. Apparently not enough, I thought week 6/day 1 looked "easy" compared to week 5/day 3. But with the weather I couldn't make it even through 5 minutes :( Maybe I chose the wrong season to start running
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I love reading everybody's updates. I completed W4D2 this morning (outside). The second 5 minute run was easier today than the first time (which I did Monday), although my time/distance was just a little bit slower overall (I went 0.05 miles less than Monday). Not doing W4D3 until Saturday.