September Brides..wanna be weight loss buddies?

Options

Replies

• gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Still need to lose 16 of the 18 lbs! eekk!!

You can still do it - maybe you just need to tweak your settings? I know that you work out a lot, not sure what your calorie goals are. There are some people who dont' lose weight because they are actually eating too low and not too high. Any chance that's the issue?
  • beckersboop
    Options
    I am getting married Sept 15. Just was told by the lady that is altering my dress (i bought it off the rack) that she wants to do the "first" fitting August 1st... that's 84 days away! Time to get my butt in shape!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible I'm not eating enough, actually! Just got a fitbit last week and it's telling me I need to be eating AT LEAST 1700 calories a day AFTER my exercise. I DEF. was not eating that much before! So we'll see if this helps.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    My first dress fitting is on 6/6! Just a little under a month from now. My goal is to be 5 lbs lighter at my dress fitting!!! that puts me at about 150lbs! I NEED to do this!
  • gosioux08
    Options
    Good luck! I really hope it helps you! I noticed that I was stalled out on weight loss for a long time when I was doing the 1200 calorie thing on MFP like a lot of people are. Not saying it will work for everyone but I went through the calculations on the "In Place of a Road Map" post (it's a post here in the forums - search for it if you're curious) and as a result, I upped my calories from 1200 to 1450. I also started eating back most or all of my exercise calories (since I used sedentary to calculate my values) and finally started losing weight again.

Best of luck on the fitting and achieving your five lb goal! My first fitting isn't until July 19 :)
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a late joiner. Getting married on 21 September and trying to lose the last few stubborn pounds. And maybe, just maybe, I might be able to keep the weight off after the wedding too... and beat the yo-yo habit which I have had for the last decade
  • beckersboop
    Options
    That's how i am. My fitting isn't till Aug 1st... 80 days away... but i just want to put it on once bc i haven't had it on since November!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    My first fitting is 6/6/2013 which 3 months to the day from my wedding. I am nervous. So far I haven't lost a SINGLE lb! Which may be good becayse the dress fit like a glove, but I really don't want to be 155 lbs on my honeymoon. I'm doing the Whole30 and im' hoping that this will help me drop some weight!
  • saralynnpauciello
    Options
    Put my dress on this weekend... It just barely zipped and left red marks all over my back and there is NO WAY I would be able to sit down!!! Started going for walks this weekend and did a little jog this AM. I used to run in HS and college but got injured and haven't since then which is about 7 years ago!
  • CastingZumbaFitness
    Options
    TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT? WE WANT TO HELP.

Everyone knows that those last 15 -30 pounds are the toughest – we know, we’ve been there. And we can help.

We are currently seeking men and women who are eager and motivated to reach their fitness goal who have never tried Zumba® Fitness, the world’s leading branded fitness program. Do you need to get in shape for a special occasion? Are you trying to lose weight for your wedding or high school reunion? Going to meet your fiancé’s parents? Trying to shed that pesky post pregnancy weight? If you’ve gained weight as a result of a traumatic or a life-changing incident, or if you just want to get back to your dress or suit size, we want to help you reach your weight loss goals.

Candidates may be men or women of any age in the Tri State (New York, New Jersey or Connecticut) or Ft. Lauderdale area who have a specific fitness goal and a genuine desire to shed those extra pounds. This very special opportunity may be a means to gain control of your life and health, to look and feel better than you have in years.

For more information, please go to www.facebook.com/metalflowersmedia or email us at casting@metalflowersmedia.com.

This is the chance of a lifetime for the right individual.
  • siegrish
    siegrish Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got engaged and I am rushing in for an October 12 wedding! Eek, on top of rushing the planning I need to attack this weight loss. I lost 20 pounds last year using mfp after having my first baby, but now I'm looking to lose that last 10 to fit perfectly into that white dress (why are wedding dresses white? such an unforgiving colour).
    My only friend on mfp is off the weight loss wagon, so I'm hoping to get a few friends to keep me on track. Add me if you need some motivation like myself.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Planning is going well for us. I just bought my cake stands which I am super excited about. We don't have a ton of BIG stuff left to do, but we do need to get on printing the invitations. We are mailing ours out on 7/6. I can't believe I'm under 3.5 months!!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    101 days until the wedding!!! 99 Days until my wedding weekend starts. OMG.

I think i'm losing some weight by doing the whole30. I know that I feel much better than I have. I have a dress fitting next week. I can't wait!!
  • gosioux08
    Options
    We had a wedding crazy last two weekends but got a lot of things knocked off our to-do list. Invites and RSVP cards are ordered, the guys' formalwear is picked out, the address list is almost final, picked our cake design and flavors, finished the necklaces and earrings I'm making for my girls, almost finished the cufflinks we're making for the guys, figured out 95% of our wedding ceremony and music,and found/booked a ridiculously good pianist!

Glad to hear things are going well for the rest of you - like bburg, I can't believe it's only 101 days until my wedding!! :)
  • jakenfrankie
    jakenfrankie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm a late August bride but it looks like this September group is pretty active so I'd love to join y'all! Please friend me if you're looking for a buddy system. My story: I have struggled with the same 10-20 pounds for years. been on weight watchers since september '12 (for probably the 4th time), and after just losing like 12 pounds (hovering at that 12 mark for months) I decided there was something about the program that just wasn't doing it for me. So I decided to convert to MFP. I'd love to lose another 10-12 pounds before the wedding but time is getting short! I've been thinking about trying out paleo eating in combination with MFP, in the hopes that that would jumpstart this second phase of weight loss. Anyone else on here try that?

I'm a little worried about reaching my goal as I'm having a hard time finding time to work out....my job is constantly at the busy/stressful level and I am still frantically trying to complete the wedding and honeymoon details.....the planning part is really hard! Anywhoo, my dress is in and I have my first try-on tomorrow after work! So exciting! :-)
  • jakenfrankie
    jakenfrankie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies- today's update: I signed up for four sessions with a personal trainer! Once a week for this coming month.... I did a "quick sample workout" for 30 minutes with her last night and thought I was going to die. It's amazing to me how I've been thinking I'm working out but totally not pushing myself in that way at all. Anywhoo, I have my next session with her on Saturday (after a social Friday german festival beer-drinking outing), so, either it'll be a disaster or (what I'm banking on) it'll motivate me to keep it in check on Friday nite. :-)
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats Bride to Be's!! You guys are inspiration - I am a December bride and soo behind on my wedding planning, but glad to see there is a support group for the stresses that come with wedding planning and weight loss in one! Not sure if you all have looked in to it, but I found an amazing, all natural product, Plexus Slim. I have been drinking the "pink drink" and have lost 5 pounds and just over 5 inches in less than two weeks! My friends who have used the product have seen crazy results. Just wanted to throw it out there for the soon to be Mrs's who may be interested! Message me if your interested or visit http://mindyv.myplexusproducts.com/ Congrats again ladies!!!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    My first dress fitting is tomorrow!!! I'm on day 23 of my whole30 so i'm anxious to see if my dress fits any differently!

how is everyone doing. I have 93 days until my wedding! And I just signed up for a marathon about a month after the wedding. omg. !
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Last night was the fitting! I'm really not sure, but the dress didn't feel any bigger at all! I'm a little discouraged but when I bought the dress they told me I could lose 10 lbs and it really would fit exactly the same. I'm not sure how that's possible, but I really don't want the dress to be super tight. I have 91 days to get my *kitten* in gear. Luckily marathon training starts on Monday.
  • gosioux08
    Options
    I've had my dress all along (I bought a sample that was almost new but being sold for a ridiculously good price since the style was discontinued randomly) but my first fitting is July 19. It fit me almost perfectly when I bought it but now that I've lost some weight, it'll unfortunately need to be taken in on top and hopefully through the waistline too. Lol, like my wonderfully supportive fiance says, that's good money to need to spend though!