WHAT WAS YOUR 2 hour post dinner BG?

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    WCUCATS - I think you are right about the exercise being a BIG ingredient in keeping numbers down. At least the pp ones.

Another trampled carb day, a marathon swim (1.5 hours, at least 30 mins of it was HIIT style) and rewarded with a 92 at my 2 hour mark.
  • I do not test post meal anymore. I am on a fast acting insulin, so I have to test before I eat to know how much insulin to take. I do not have insurance, so I have to conserve test strips. :grumble:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    97 two hours post dinner
    Dinner carbs were 18
    Total carbs were 160 (over for my usual)

(note: I do calculate & use net carbs)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    2 1/2 hr. post dinner number was 85. Took a walk after dinner and worked in the garden a bit so those two things had a hand in bringing it down.
  • kcaffee1
    62 net carbs, weight work today, and a wonderful 88 as a reward for my work today.
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Way to go, KCaffee... BG @ 9:45 was 111. 215 Carbs today and 80 were from dinner. Will be interesting to see fasting in am.

Everyone have a great Saturday. We have Tropical Storm Arlene coming through SC coast this evening. Calling for 2-4" of rain tonight and in am. with wind gust to 35-40mph.

Everyone have a great weekend !!

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    Tonite was 102
    Dinner carbs were 19
    Total carbs thus far 103
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Stay safe WCUCATS!!

89 this evening. Question for everyone... How do you calculate net carbs? When I was first diagnosed many years ago, it wasn't about net carbs but about carb vs protein servings. For every serving of protien (7g) I could have one serving of carbs (15g) without any raises in my BG. Just curious how everyone else calculates their net carbs. Thanks for any responses.
  • airangel59
    I blame my home made potato wedges, lol.
    Meter read 112
    Dinner carbs were 30 (potato =23)
    Total carbs for the day 122
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    84 , 2 hours after dinner.. its been awhile since i've seen numbers like that. im happy.
  • kcaffee1
    89!
    No exercise worth mentioning, 36 net carbs (57 gross) for the day.
  • kcaffee1
    A comfortable 96 tonight. Still room to improve, but I'll take this for the moment. I changed up the exercise today, so figured things would be a bit on the high side.
  • wcucats77
    Good evening... BG @ 10:00pm was 107. Had 175 carbs today. This was 2:00 hours after dinner.

Have a great Sunday.

WCUCATS 77
  • retiree2006
    2 1/4 hour after dinner...BG = 99. Enjoy your Sunday!
  • airangel59
    I don't know why I bother...I mean, the readings make no sense at all half the time.

Tonite: 126
    Dinner carbs were SEVEN. (red baron single thin crust 4 cheese pizza). That was IT.
    Total carbs today were 88.
  • retiree2006
    I don't know why I bother...I mean, the readings make no sense at all half the time.

Dinner carbs were SEVEN. (red baron single thin crust 4 cheese pizza). That was IT.

Airangel59...No matter what my other carbs were (if any) I always get a higher reading when I have pizza. The crust, always thin for me, too, sets me off. Sometimes if I do some extra exercise, about 15 minutes worth, after dinner it helps bring it down. It is truly frustrating at times.
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member

For me it is the red sauce on pizza, most places/brands put added sugar in the sauce. Once I quit having refined sugars for over a month, then had spaghetti with sauce from a jar and I could actually taste the sugar. My hubby couldn't, but I noticed it. Yes it will cause the number to be high even if your carbs were low. It isn't always about carbs, sugar and sugar alcohols will cause your number to go up.
  • retiree2006
    Tonight's 2 hr. post dinner BG was 111.
  • wcucats77
    Hoe everyone had a great Sunday.

BG @ 10:00 was 105.

About what I expected.

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    Tonite's reading was 114
    Dinner carbs were 7 (sugars 4) salad w/egg & canned chicken
    Lunch was a total guess (ginormous slice of pizza)....so no idea on the total carbs for the day