Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 done and new running trainers broken in :)
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Just got done with my repeat of W1D3 (which technically was W2D3) and I did so in steady rain from Tropical Storm Andrea. Did the full 30 minutes for the 2nd time. Rain actually helped me stay cooler during the run portions.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 in the books.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    The heat officially kicked my butt today. I got in 5K but it took 49 minutes. I just couldn't rally at the end. I'm glad I finished the distance though. I'm strongly thinking of signing up for a July run, so that will be even hotter. In the meantime, I signed up for thenChristmas Story House 5k in December. I'm doing the virtual option where you run in your own location. You still get the leg lamp finisher medal.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just got done with my repeat of W1D3 (which technically was W2D3) and I did so in steady rain from Tropical Storm Andrea. Did the full 30 minutes for the 2nd time. Rain actually helped me stay cooler during the run portions.

I like to run in the rain.

I failed w4d1 for the 4th time last night. Gave up and walked with 2:30 left in the last run....exactly the same as every time before. But I am determined to complete all of the runs before moving on to w5.

Will try again tomorrow - hopefully this weekend will bring success.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Today I completed W4D3. I had a harder time this morning than I did on day 2, not sure why. Looking forward to W5D1, if it doesn't kick my butt. I only walk/run outdoors, I don't have access to a treadmill but when I do I find it very boring.
  • destructor2013
    Options

I failed w4d1 for the 4th time last night. Gave up and walked with 2:30 left in the last run....exactly the same as every time before. But I am determined to complete all of the runs before moving on to w5.

Best of luck. If you're having trouble maybe take a day or 2 off and then give it another go? I know that rest days help me recover.
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just Week 9 left to go for me! I can't believe it.

Keep up the good work, everyone! You're doing great!
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Have you tried slowing down? Week 4 is hard. I think it's meant to get you to slow down your pace so you can make it through the rest of the program. My husband was WALKING beside me pushing my son in the stroller last night while I was jogging. That's how slow I go.
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This morning I competed w6d3 and I cannot believe it! But I can never believe it, it is like someone else is making these (albeit small) achievements, it is so unlike me. I ran for 2.25 miles without stopping and with my best time. This was preceded by an awful week of lack of motivation, so it is a real breakthrough in that regard as well.
  • resilient86
    Options
    This morning I competed w6d3 and I cannot believe it! But I can never believe it, it is like someone else is making these (albeit small) achievements, it is so unlike me. I ran for 2.25 miles without stopping and with my best time. This was preceded by an awful week of lack of motivation, so it is a real breakthrough in that regard as well.

Awesome! I can't wait to be that far along. I finished W1D2 last night and tomorrow morning comes W1D3. I plan to run it outside before it gets ridiculously hot. I live in Arizona! :ohwell:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Got W4D3 in today. Yay! It's been pouring rain all day and finally stopped at 6:30 pm. I got it done before it got dark. I will never do this in my neighborhood again though. The huge puddles of water everywhere, in addition to the low hanging trees, and broken pavement, made this run as much an obstacle course as a straight run. Taking the time to go to the bike path first makes a lot more sense.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I finished W4D3 last night, and my HRM came in the mail today so I'm really looking forward to starting W5 this weekend! :happy:
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I finished W4D3 last night, and my HRM came in the mail today so I'm really looking forward to starting W5 this weekend! :happy:
    Having a HRM makes such a big difference. I love seeing my actual burn and how high I can boost my heart rate.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    About to go to W4 D1 today, quite nervous and excited...
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Way to go!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Slow down. You need to slow down until you are capable of finishing all the runs. If you can run slowly enough, you will make it through week 5 with no problems.
  • likitisplit
    Options

It's so amazing! Congratulations!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Have you tried slowing down? Week 4 is hard. I think it's meant to get you to slow down your pace so you can make it through the rest of the program. My husband was WALKING beside me pushing my son in the stroller last night while I was jogging. That's how slow I go.

That's exactly how slowly you should be going.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Just Week 9 left to go for me! I can't believe it.

Keep up the good work, everyone! You're doing great!

Come and join us on the 10k board!