Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Today I completed W4D3. I had a harder time this morning than I did on day 2, not sure why. Looking forward to W5D1, if it doesn't kick my butt. I only walk/run outdoors, I don't have access to a treadmill but when I do I find it very boring.

Try slowing down.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W4 D1 done and dusted, yay!! I feel good. :glasses:
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    Finished W1D3 today. The runs felt good, the walks sluggish, so I just slowed my walking pace down. I had actually attempted this yesterday with my daughter, but halfway through her knee started hurting and we just walked the rest. She's not allowed to run with me again until she gets checked out by the Dr. I don't want to destroy her precious joints! (Appointment is Wednesday)

I'll be repeating week 1 next week even though it felt good. I want to make sure my body doesn't rebel against me so that I can finish the full program.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Finally got back at it after a cold, work and a tropical storm. Did W4D1, a 3 and 5 mins run then repeat. I managed it, I don't cover much distance, but I did the whole thing, then walked another mile and a half for the Move Your *kitten* Challenge on another forum. I think it was more psychological at this point. I'd like to be faster and cover more distance, but I know the endurance part is more important to me at this time. Anyway, yay me.
  • salemat
    salemat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yessssss! I did my first 20 minutes run (W5D3).
    When the voice in the app told me, 2 minutes left, I even got faster. Wouldn't have thought that 5 weeks ago. Lol
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Today I did week 1 day 1. Go me!! :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    These posts make me smile. Congratulations to everyone - the ones who made it through their days/weeks, and the ones who didn't make it but aren't giving up either.

I just finished W5D2. Didn't set a best distance, but did set a new best pace so I was pleasantly surprised by that because I didn't feel like i was moving very fast. My "best pace" is really slow by a lot of people's standards but it was the best pace to date for me, and I felt really good while doing it, so that's what matters. Bought new shoes and it's going to take a couple runs to get used to them (they have a little more arch support than the old ones) but I really like them.
  • denabrown25
    denabrown25 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3 today!!! Feels good after having to go back a few weeks due to taking time off :)
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I ran for 47 minutes today, a new record. My app stopped working on my phone, so I don't know the distance, but I'm estimating just under 4 miles. I finish C25K two weeks ago, can't believe I have increased my distance by 17 minutes. I start the 10k app next week.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3 today!!! Feels good after having to go back a few weeks due to taking time off :)

Congrats! I'm one workout behind you and while today felt really good, I'm awfully nervous about doing W5D3 on Monday.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I am finding the more time I spend outside the more I want to be out there. Today was my off day. I start week 5 tomorrow, but last night at work I was feeling under the weather. I did not want to work out today, but I knew I needed to do something so I took the dogs for a short walk around the neighborhood. I am looking forward to starting week 5.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I COMPLETED WEEK 5!

My son couldn't quite do 20 but I think he got 16 to 17 minutes done.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Slow down. You need to slow down until you are capable of finishing all the runs. If you can run slowly enough, you will make it through week 5 with no problems.

Ok ..you all were right. :). I was going way too fast on the first part. I slowed both my walk and my runs down a lot today and finished with ease. I even ran an extra minute at the end of the last run because I could.

I use Edmondo also when I run to track my route and calories. What's funny is the first mile I added almost 4 minutes to...that's how much slower I was. But that made the second mile so much easier. And the time for the two miles ended up being almost the same as always. And I wasn't really to keil over and die at the end.

I am going to do w4d3 tomorrow and if it goes as well as today I will take a rest day and start week 5 on Tuesday! Yeah!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2 done.

I really enjoyed this run and could have done more, but I'll be repeating it on the next session because my running partner had to stop at minute 7 of the first 8 mins (thought she was going to puke) and completed but struggled through the second run too so she doesn't feel ready to move up to 20mins.

I'm guessing she just needs to slow down some more? We listened to music for the first time so perhaps that made her increase her pace too much, although she said she couldn't have gone any slower.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2 done.

I really enjoyed this run and could have done more, but I'll be repeating it on the next session because my running partner had to stop at minute 7 of the first 8 mins (thought she was going to puke) and completed but struggled through the second run too so she doesn't feel ready to move up to 20mins.

I'm guessing she just needs to slow down some more? We listened to music for the first time so perhaps that made her increase her pace too much, although she said she couldn't have gone any slower.

When I told the coach at the running clinic that I didn't think I could increase my cadence to 180 steps per minute because it would be too much effort, she pointed out that it was possible to run in place.

I've been avoiding pointing that out because it seems a little flip, but it didn't sound so bad when she said it. So, I would like to point out that it is possible to go slower.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Slow down. You need to slow down until you are capable of finishing all the runs. If you can run slowly enough, you will make it through week 5 with no problems.

Ok ..you all were right. :). I was going way too fast on the first part. I slowed both my walk and my runs down a lot today and finished with ease. I even ran an extra minute at the end of the last run because I could.

I use Edmondo also when I run to track my route and calories. What's funny is the first mile I added almost 4 minutes to...that's how much slower I was. But that made the second mile so much easier. And the time for the two miles ended up being almost the same as always. And I wasn't really to keil over and die at the end.

I am going to do w4d3 tomorrow and if it goes as well as today I will take a rest day and start week 5 on Tuesday! Yeah!

That is great! Right now, you are strictly going for endurance. I don't even want to tell you what times the people who graduated with me are running already because it just makes me envious.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I COMPLETED WEEK 5!

My son couldn't quite do 20 but I think he got 16 to 17 minutes done.

That is a major achievement. Congratulations!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Congrats! I'm one workout behind you and while today felt really good, I'm awfully nervous about doing W5D3 on Monday.

You are physically capable of this run. You just need to focus down and get through it. Welcome to the mental side of running.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Started Week 5 today. I usually run MWF, but it was such a nice morning today, that I figured, Why not? Felt good and I had a nice pace (for me). My dog did well with it too. I think he's enjoying being my little running partner.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Technically I'm starting week 7 but I'm still depending more on Runkeeper and modifying the program because the heat is getting worse. It kills me on the long intervals so I do shorter ones but more frequent. I'm still doing a full 5K on each run, and my first half was great today but the 90 degree sun finally got to me on the way back and I finished at 50 mins. Ugh. I probably need to get up before sunrise, but I am soooo not a morning person. But that's okay, I just keep thinking how much faster I'll go this fall in my races.