Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    W5D1 completed... it was a bit tough but I did it! D2 calls for running 8 minutes twice {gulp}.

Feeling a little lost since I have not signed up for a 5K to actually run in once my training is done. Summer in Texas is just around the corner and I just don't think that I will be outside running in the 100+ heat. However, most 5Ks start early morning so it's doable. I just need to find one - they tend to slow down in frequency once summer starts.
    If you have a running store nearby, check with them about upcoming races. They might know of some smaller ones that are harder to find online.
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    Repeated W1D1 today and went farther than last week. Started back to work from maternity leave so I had to haul my butt out of bed at 5:00 am. Took some pinching from my husband, but I got up and got it done.

Back home now and SOOOO TIRED! I'll probably pass out at 8:00.
  • sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 6, Day 2 today. I'm excited to do Week 6, Day 3..just need to make sure I can do it outside.
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Week 8, Day 1 completed.

The first mile is just a struggle to find my pace and forget all the pains (calves, hips, thighs) but by the second half of the 2.75 miles I had found the pocket. I was a machine just pumping along. I can't believe I ran 2.75 miles without stopping. 15m30s mile. Maybe not as fast as some, but if you had told me 3 months ago that by June I would be running almost 3 miles 3 times a week, I would have laughed in your face. I am simply amazed at what my mind and body can accomplish. If I can do this, anybody can do this. It just takes deciding that you are going to do it no matter what.

Keep up the great accomplishments everyone!!
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! I think it is a great tool for keeping yourself accountable... I can see this one as having several iterations... LOL So, for my daily check in I'm going to talk about yesterday. I had actually completed the C25K program but I have a very hectic life and have not been consistent in my running ~ work in progress. We (bf and I) were try to do one race a month, but haven't done so since a 10k in March (which I walked/ran). There have been several weeks where I couldn't run much at all with my schedule. So, I have never really ramped back up to run the complete 5k. I'm working on that now and am determined to make this part of my regular day... Now, after three weeks of no running at all, I finally got back to it yesterday. Did the treadmill because it is bloody hot here during lunch, which is the only time I can run (long story)... I can't believe how much NOT running affects your run... After having been out of it for 3 weeks, it cut another mile off my run! So, only got in 1.25 miles yesterday with .5 mi walking to warm up/cool down... Trying to make this part of my routine, but finding it a challenge.... Any suggestions are welcome!! :o) Best of luck to all the C25K runners!!!!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 6, Day 2 today. I'm excited to do Week 6, Day 3..just need to make sure I can do it outside.

I agree, running outside is so much more enjoyable than running on the treadmill. It is a bit hellish/boring on the treadmill but outside running is amazing =)

Finished W6D1 today and felt pretty good about it. Including WU/CD I did 2.7 miles in 33 min. I'm slowly getting there. I like using Strava to track my runs because it motivates me to go faster each time :-)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    W5D1 tonight! Kinda nervous, but I know I can do it. :smile:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2. It wasn't too bad although I was feeling it at the end. It's the scary day next. I'll tackle that one on Friday.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W5D1 tonight! Kinda nervous, but I know I can do it. :smile:

Me too! I took yesterday off so I would be rested. And the weather here is beautiful today. I am actually excited to run tonight.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    week 3 is history...
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ran Week 6 Day 1 today! It was a nice break, very doable. It was raining and we got soaked, but it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week, so I didn't see the point in putting it off

And I would have put it off, if tomorrow's forecast was better. Ever try to run with a kid shouting "BUT MY FEET ARE COLD AND SQUISHY!" the whole way, and you'll know why nice weather is better. On the other hand, with my hood up and my earbuds in, I was in my own world for quite a bit of the run :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done and it went really well; I think I've finally got a handle on this 'slowing down' thing! My dog is also getting better and better at keeping alongside rather than wandering across the track, which is nice!

Technically it should have been a rest day as I only did W2D3 yesterday but due to scheduling, it was today or no time until Thursday and I didn't feel hardly sore at all after yesterday so thought I'd give it a go. I can't see it being an option when I get to 20min runs though lol
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Completed w5 d1 today :)
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W4 D2 done...
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Finished W4D3 today, after a strength training session with my trainer. I was going to run in the gym, but decided to take it outdoors. I'm surprisingly finding I prefer it outside now. It was a bit of a challenge with doing it after the traIner put me through my torture, but it's done. I think I'm going to repeat it on Thursday, my one day off before working three 12 hour night shifts. I find sleep is my only priority during those three in a row so I'll start week five next week. Can't believe I made it this far.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Had to cover an event at Busch Gardens this morning, and now it's stormy out, so looks like I'll have to postpone my run till tomorrow morning. I got in some good walking at the park, and I'll do a Leslie Sansone video tonight to tide me over.
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done but something really odd happened to me. I ran two miles, music blasting in my ear buds, only 1/4 mile to go and then it happened. I looked up at my imaginary finish line and my legs turned to jelly. Suddenly that last 1/4 mile seemed sooooo far away. Self doubt started to creep in... I'm not a runner, I'm too old to start running (41), I'm a big jiggly, wiggly overweight mom, WHAT am I doing out here?

I ran another 15-20 feet and just lost it. I felt completely mentally defeated by this run..... this stinking 1/4 mile left.

So I sat on the side of the gravel path sobbing like a baby (or escaped mental patient). I called my husband and said something like "I can't do this, it's too far, waaaah." I sat there and bawled a few more minutes and then realized if I didn't get up and finish this I would probably never attempt to run again.

I wiped the tears away, put the ear buds back in and finished that 1/4 mile...... plus an additional 2.1.

GO ME!!!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done but something really odd happened to me. I ran two miles, music blasting in my ear buds, only 1/4 mile to go and then it happened. I looked up at my imaginary finish line and my legs turned to jelly. Suddenly that last 1/4 mile seemed sooooo far away. Self doubt started to creep in... I'm not a runner, I'm too old to start running (41), I'm a big jiggly, wiggly overweight mom, WHAT am I doing out here?

I ran another 15-20 feet and just lost it. I felt completely mentally defeated by this run..... this stinking 1/4 mile left.

So I sat on the side of the gravel path sobbing like a baby (or escaped mental patient). I called my husband and said something like "I can't do this, it's too far, waaaah." I sat there and bawled a few more minutes and then realized if I didn't get up and finish this I would probably never attempt to run again.

I wiped the tears away, put the ear buds back in and finished that 1/4 mile...... plus an additional 2.1.

GO ME!!!
    WAY TO GO!!!!!! Sorry it took a breakdown, but good on ya for finishing! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you:wink:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have to do Week 7 this week and I am dreading it. I like the smaller runs with the bigger run on day 3. It is raining here for the next 2 days and then will probably turn out hot. I have heard that when you run in the rain you should imagine you are running through the sprinkler as you did as a child. LOL I hope that works if I brave the elements. :-(

So far, 3 of my runs were in the rain. One of them during a torrential rainstorm with flash flooding. They were my best runs to date. Me, thunder, dark clouds, massive puddles, the sound of my breathing and the pavement...I pray for the rain, lol. You will rock it.

I used to feel sorry for people running in the rain. Now I use any excuse. Wear a ball cap.