Cabin 3 Instructions, chit chat, etc. thread!

Options

Replies

• Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody - hope things are going well. Got to love sweating teenagers =)

df1982 - congrats on your thesis!

For some reason I have been having trouble logging in. Keep getting an error. I thought it was MFP website but now I am not sure cuz it certainly looks like I was only one having trouble, lol

I thought I had went way over on calories yesterday only to find I missed it by 150 (not counting exercise) had a surprise second supper with a friend.

And today, I thought I was way off and now have to go eat to get my calories in. That may be why my migraine is worse than usual today. Going to eat some protein that will work and some water, I am running low. I did get my crunches in though and posted. 2 more points
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Prefred, go you! I love those days when you think you really went over but you have some to spare. I love that I can have a special "treat" then.

Hope you got rid of that migraine quickly. I used to get them years ago, but have not had trouble for quite some time.

Glad you helped to earn us an extra 2 points!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Prephred
    I had trouble one day on my computer but MFP worked on my cell phone. Try deleting your cookies. SOmetimes that works.
    It is a good thing that you were under not over. Good for you!

SavvyGurl, I think that is a great idea. I intended to make some photo albums for the kids. So far the only one I made is of their sports photos. I had a small album that I print a photo (or buy one) each year. So funny to see them change each year.

<><><>
    I just did a bike ride. It was humid so I got very sweaty. I am getting better at the ride now. I might need a new path to make it harder.

Have a great weekend!
  • Prephred
    Options
    Sorry all, last couple of days have been tough for me. I should be on more again.

I will remember about the cookies. Seems like I have been clearing my cookies every couple of weeks. ... LOL, I know, I will put my computer on the honeydo list =)
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    @Prephred: I had trouble for a couple of weeks sending messages, they never show up or reached the person I needed to get in touch with!

As for this week, I need to get more organized and I started yesterday by putting stuff on ebay, to get more space! This probably will continue throughout the day, but first I will also run (see if this second run on the street is better than the first!).

Yeterday I did community day, we were at a BBQ with the neighbourhood and a lot of eldery people where there. Helped some out with getting them tea and we walked one home, so she did not have to go alone!

Hope you all had a great fathers day!
  • karendee4
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was so busy yesterday no time to post.

I went to a dinner and did not do too bad. Less than healthy foods but I was under calories.
  • ImprovingEla
    Options
    I just wrote a movie critic for Rock of Ages or was it Ages of Rock???
    No idea, but let me tell you even with Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta - Jones, ALec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige and the list goes on.... it was not a good movie *sight* Guess I expected too much!
  • Prephred
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was so busy yesterday no time to post.

I went to a dinner and did not do too bad. Less than healthy foods but I was under calories.

Glad to hear it Karendee4 =) Spacecurly - I have seen some movies that I wish I could just get those two hours back, rewound or something. Makes you wonder where they get the scripts from =(

I did a walk out in the sun today for my nature appreciation day =)
  • karendee4
    Options
    spacecurly
    I did not think that movie looked good....good to know I can just skip watching it then. :)

Prephred
    Nice idea to walk!

Yesterday I did bad!! I ate WAY too much. I entered it all and completed my diary. Time to move on.

On the positive note I did my body toning day. it was an intense arm strength training video from fitness blender. My arms were sore right away. (A good sore not a hurt sore)

Today is community day since I am doing my volunteer job on a organic farm. I love this day!

Have a great day!!!
  • Prephred
    Options
    Karendee4 - I have had some bad days too. One day I was over by 500 and didn't figure it out til way after the gym had closed and you don't walk where I live at night. So I logged it and moved on. But I do keep myself honest in the logging even when it the community pitch-in dinner with the lil ol' people =) Boy can some of those ladies cook! I usually don't eat but a protein shake all day long so I can splurge that night.
  • ImprovingEla
    Options
    yesterday I had a very healthy lunch: pepper bells, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese! (that was when the day still was good and I thought i knew what we have for dinner!)

Today at just 8 am I already appreciated Nature, first by getting up so early that I would definitly be able to do my C25K run and not melt away in the heat of almost 90 F, which is really hot for around here! Or in the thunderstorm that is predicted for around noonish and afternoon!
    Well at not even 6 am I was ready to go and apparently so was mother nature who acompanied me with rain! *sight*
    Now it is dry again not so hot at the moment and I enjoy my garden for as long as the weather holds!
  • karendee4
    Options
    Prephred
    Good idea to eat well all day so you can splurge later.

spacecurly
    We keep having thunderstorms lately. I too have been gardening between storms.
    <><><>
    I did my community work yesterday. Tuesday's I work on a local organic farm. I washed veggies on cold water when it was about 60 degrees. I was so cold all morning that I hope it gets hot here soon. Last night I started getting a sore throat. I think the cold got to me. I am drinking herbal tea right now. I am hoping to get rid of this sore throat fast!!
    Today I am doing music appreciation. I plan to download some new music and ride my bike or walk around the neighborhood.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I have been a bit lax here on this group thread, so thought I'd get caught up.

@ Prephred - Glad your computer is running better. Sometimes they can be so temperamental. You'd thing they were women 8) All joking aside, sometimes the smallest thing can make them act up. We really rely on them just too much.

@ spacecurly - Looks like you are progressing quite nicely with C25K. I loved it, but my knee kept giving me fits. I have decided to back it off for now and focus on riding my bike and walking as well as some weight lifting. Maybe, if I drop a few more pounds or strengthen my knees, I can go back to it.

@ karendee4 - I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I hate sore throats so bad. Seems like I get one every now and then and sometimes they are difficult to get rid of. I'll be praying for a quick recovery!

My son is home from the hospital and seems to be doing better. He loves to eat his food spicy and salty, so bland chicken broth is not doing it for him. He gets a bit cranky at times, but for the most part, he's been a trooper. LOL, I have to keep my phone handy because he texts me when he needs something, even though he has two healthy legs and should be able to get it himself! He has lost so much weight and he has always been a big kid. I keep talking to him about the head start he is getting and when he can eat again, he needs to try to keep his weight down and eat a little better, but giving advice to a teenager is like talking into the wind. He is going to start lifting with me, so that might help.

Tonight I have to sponsor the kids in my youth group at concessions. I'll be back and forth, so may not be able to keep up with posts (seems like my evenings are always too busy), so wanted to tell you all to have a great day!
  • ImprovingEla
    Options
    @SavyGurl: Just wanted to say this about your movie review:
    Being biased over Hugh Jackman is completly okay and normal and the movie is good and he makes it even better!!! I am totally with you on this :)

And C25K was just the first week, but I am very proud that I finally dare to run on the street since this was one thing I really wanted to do but never dared and pushed it in front of me for over 150 days! How crazy does it actually sound to be scared to run on the street????
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Options
    Being biased over Hugh Jackman is completly okay and normal and the movie is good and he makes it even better!!! I am totally with you on this :)

We might be married, but we still have eyes! LOLOLOL
    And C25K was just the first week, but I am very proud that I finally dare to run on the street since this was one thing I really wanted to do but never dared and pushed it in front of me for over 150 days! How crazy does it actually sound to be scared to run on the street????

That does NOT sound crazy at all. You are braver than I am. I would run around our pasture, where only the cows can see me, or I would run at night around the little pond we have in our small town. Maybe that is why my knees hurt, because I don't run on a level surface. Okay, now I am going to have to try again, lol!
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    @SavyGurl: Just wanted to say this about your movie review:

I have a friend who is soooo afraid to even walk in the street that every time a car is even coming near she jumps onto whatever grass there is on the side and stops walking to watch the car pass. Needless to say that walking with her can be annoying. I like her company, but it's much better at the gym where she doesn't have to panic about cars. I, on the other hand, walk in the street constantly, and I was already thinking of doing my c25k in the street over the weekend because I think the trees were messing with my gps yesterday. lol
  • ImprovingEla
    Options
    It is not the pavement i WAS afraid of, but at how people and I will look at me making a sorry attempt to run!
    I think fear of failure had a good grip on m for so long!

Yesterday I did pay it back day! I run my Babybrother (5 years younger but well over 360lbs) through the joys of MFP and made him sign up. He will stay with me until monday and I think by then I have him hooked up good enough to keep it going on his own!
    He really wants and needs to loose weight ASAP, as he already has back and knee issues, but I do not want him to follow in my mothers unhealthy pattern of crash diets and "you lost only 2 lbs this week, that is not enough!!!" regime!

Today I toned my arms and as always I hate working them out, whatever I do, for however long periods of time I do, they never seem to make progress (tried that for 6 month without result!) Oh well, now they are rubber ducks and I will enjoy my friday! :)
  • SavvyGurl0528
    Options
    It is not the pavement i WAS afraid of, but at how people and I will look at me making a sorry attempt to run!
    I think fear of failure had a good grip on m for so long!

Me, too. I ride my bike on the road and that's still a little tough, but getting better. I don't feel like people are staring as much, lol.
    Yesterday I did pay it back day! I run my Babybrother (5 years younger but well over 360lbs) through the joys of MFP and made him sign up. He will stay with me until monday and I think by then I have him hooked up good enough to keep it going on his own!
    He really wants and needs to loose weight ASAP, as he already has back and knee issues, but I do not want him to follow in my mothers unhealthy pattern of crash diets and "you lost only 2 lbs this week, that is not enough!!!" regime!

I'm glad you got your brother all set up. If he needs some encouragement, have him friend me. I'll be glad to try to keep him pumped! And he is lucky to have you as a sister! I'ts great you care enough about his health to help him do it the right way.
    Today I toned my arms and as always I hate working them out, whatever I do, for however long periods of time I do, they never seem to make progress (tried that for 6 month without result!) Oh well, now they are rubber ducks and I will enjoy my friday! :)

I am right there with you. I have these little "chicken wings" under my arms and I so love to wear sleeveless in the summer. But I do try to do some arm toning through the summer. In the winter, I pitch enough hay to the cows and horses, I get a great arm workout then!

By the way, I love your new profile picture. Makes you look like a runner!
  • ImprovingEla
    Options
    I did music appretiation day and boy, I cannot wait for tomorrows run, cause I downloaded and made a complete new running list, there are still a few songs missing, but in total i think the next run will be a blast!!!
  • Prephred
    Options
    I did music appretiation day and boy, I cannot wait for tomorrows run, cause I downloaded and made a complete new running list, there are still a few songs missing, but in total i think the next run will be a blast!!!

Sweet - what kind of music do you listen to? At one time l tried to listen to music while I was on the treadmill. LOL bad idea, I kept trying to dance.

I did the Surprise Leg Lifts but I dont know if I did them in time or not. I can't see the time posted.

I did update the spreadsheet, hopefully I did it right.