Anyone out there or is this a dead group??

Options

Replies

• joyousbalance
    joyousbalance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm so glad to see people are out there still using TAM Meta. I bought the DVD's FOREVER ago. Tried it, didn't like it at the time. (and I also didn't really give it much time before giving up)
    I'm starting over again because I need to do some kind of strength training. Figured the muscular structure would be good for that. Her Cardio HURTS my feet and knees. I think I will try that once i get some pounds off. I have a lot to lose, and currently walking on treadmill/incline for cardio. Which I do like a lot. :-)
    Did anyone do any kind of modified version of the structure DVD's? I'm worried that I will need to do some kind of modified and still won't be able to do the whole thing by the time Day 10 rolls around and you have to change workouts.
    Anyone with thoughts on sticking with the Day 1-10 workout for longer than 10 days? I can't see any real harm in it...especially if starting out very slow. Maybe do 15 day intervals vs 10? Any advice is appreciated.
    You all are awesome!

I asked a similar question on the TAM site and while it's totally up to you, they suggested not going more than a day or 2 extra on any level because the key is the progression. I've never been able to complete all of the leg excercises, and I may add an extra day or 2, but I move on to the next set of excercises. It's designed that way and I think you'll see faster results - I know I'm def toning up!

Good luck!
    ~j

Thanks for the info. Do you condisder 10 days of actually doing the video or just 10 physical days? I know she recommended 6 days a week with one day of rest.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Its 10 days of actually doing the workout
  • joyousbalance
    joyousbalance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks! On my way. Right now, 10 workouts seems far away :laugh:
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Yes, as stated it's 10 days of actually doing the workout. I try not to go more than a few days without doing a workout either, but it happens. 10 workouts can be completed in less than 2 weeks - no time at all! You'll find that once you get to day 7/8 you'll want to get the 10 days done so you can move on to the next set of excercises!

~j
  • aliciamac311
    Options

Yes, as stated it's 10 days of actually doing the workout. I try not to go more than a few days without doing a workout either, but it happens. 10 workouts can be completed in less than 2 weeks - no time at all! You'll find that once you get to day 7/8 you'll want to get the 10 days done so you can move on to the next set of excercises!

~j

Thank you everybody for your input! :-D
    xoxo
  • Balestrina
    Balestrina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am jumping on board a little bit late but I am very happy I found this group and thread!
    I've started the MAT workout in the beginning of April but have not been very consistent with it (not until very recently at least). However I do see a great difference not only in toning but also in strength. I have also found myself adding more reps, esp on the legs exercises. I am not following her cardio, occasionally doing some of her dance cardio and sometimes I just prefer a good old treadmill. I am not even bothering with her diet plan, as I have no intention to follow any sort of diet. For the last 2 months I have changed my relationship with food altogether and it is a change for life.
    Anyways, I am to start the Meta soon (hipcentric). Haven't set a fixed date in my head, I shall just do it whenever it feels natural to me, but it would be lovely if ppl who are doing it already share some experience.
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    @Fizzielizzie I think you will really enjoy meta ... let us know how youre going :-)
    Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo
  • Balestrina
    Options
    I started Meta yesterday! Whoop whoop!
    Here are some first impressions:
    First of all, I have been doing the MAT for a while and with the added reps I had it extended to nearly 1+1/2 hr, so the muscular structure of Meta felt quite short. I finished the exercises and I was like ''Was that it? Seriously?''.. However it def kicked my butt! I was sweating like hell, put loads of effort and out of the 6 legs exercises, I managed to do all the 40 reps on just the 4, the other 2 just 20-25. Today my thighs, buttocks, lower abs and legs are a bit sore, but so is the top of my shoulders since they carry a major part of my weight when I am on all fours doing the legs exercises (dunno if that's normal btw or my posture is all wrong). I must admit that I could only manage 10 mins of her dance cardio after the muscular structure workout but I hope I will be able to increase my endurance day by day till I reach the full 30 mins of her cardio as well as all of the 40 reps per leg exercise by the end of day 10. All in all quite challenging therefore it owes to be effective. I would also like to note that I believe my experience with MAT helped me loads in delivering the Meta (or as much as I could deliver), I wouldn't like to know how it would be if I hadn't done that. I will be keeping you guys updated as the days go by and I am looking forward to hearing to some of your progress with Tracy. x x x
  • JRadd14
    Options
    I started Meta yesterday! Whoop whoop!
    Here are some first impressions:
    First of all, I have been doing the MAT for a while and with the added reps I had it extended to nearly 1+1/2 hr, so the muscular structure of Meta felt quite short. I finished the exercises and I was like ''Was that it? Seriously?''.. However it def kicked my butt! I was sweating like hell, put loads of effort and out of the 6 legs exercises, I managed to do all the 40 reps on just the 4, the other 2 just 20-25. Today my thighs, buttocks, lower abs and legs are a bit sore, but so is the top of my shoulders since they carry a major part of my weight when I am on all fours doing the legs exercises (dunno if that's normal btw or my posture is all wrong). I must admit that I could only manage 10 mins of her dance cardio after the muscular structure workout but I hope I will be able to increase my endurance day by day till I reach the full 30 mins of her cardio as well as all of the 40 reps per leg exercise by the end of day 10. All in all quite challenging therefore it owes to be effective. I would also like to note that I believe my experience with MAT helped me loads in delivering the Meta (or as much as I could deliver), I wouldn't like to know how it would be if I hadn't done that. I will be keeping you guys updated as the days go by and I am looking forward to hearing to some of your progress with Tracy. x x x

Way to go! Yes, it's a tough workout. I started with Omni Meta not having done any of Tracy's other workouts. I can get through the arms and abs generally, but the legs are brutal. By day 10 I'm lucky if I can do all the reps. Sometimes I'll go 11 or 12 days just to improve since I normally can't get through all the leg reps. I've also considered alternating which side I start on for the leg work, because by the time I get to the second leg I'm pretty well spent!

Currently I've been doing the workout for Days 21-30 as my 2nd mat disk in the set was "bad". I'm waiting for a replacment that can take up to 3 weeks. I should have it hopefully next week. There is a clip for Days 31-40 on YouTube that a gal on here sent me, but it's hard to do from YouTube, and I did it once and the workout was brutal. I've been alternating in other workouts in the meantime and should be receiving Shaun T.'s Rockin Body for some alternate cardio work. I also ordered Omni Meta Month 5 & 6 (I already have Month 4 as it came with my set from QVC). The Dance Cardio is tough, but a great workout - I should do it more. I also have her mini tramp and workout which I haven't tried yet.

Keep us posted on your progress... I hope my DVD gets here soon so I can get back on track!

~j
  • Balestrina
    Options
    @JRadd14
    Thank you so much for your input!

If the DVD was faulty Tracy should compensate you somehow.. It's a bummer to start working out and have to pause or move two levels up just because their product was damaged! Oh well, I'm happy you have worked your way around it.

I have no idea who Shaun T. is but I've been considering adding some treadmill cardio to my workouts.
    I would also like to note that since Meta has no warm up or cool down parts, I'm nicking them off from MAT. Also the arms session is non-existent compared to the equivalent on the MAT, therefore I think I might as well incorporate this section into Meta, at the end of the muscular structure, probs 3-4 times/week. This weird moment when you realise that the MS of Meta is gradually reaching the margin of a 50 min workout.... lol

Anyhoo, if you want something more challenging for arms you should def try the MAT arms session, it is really good, a proper killer! Doing this gave my arms definition for the first time in my life and I still find it being the hardest part of MAT! I think it's on youtube too. x
    Hope your DVD arrives soon!! x x
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Hey Fizzielizzie -
    Thanks for all the feedback. I know - no warm-up/cool-down. And when I was having trouble getting through the leg excercises and posted something on TA's Community Site, the mediator even recommended doing more stretches, etc. Um, shouldn't that be included in the workout?? Lol... Anywhoo, I think Tracy should come out with a dvd with a few 10-15 stretching/flexibilty sessions to assist with the mat work and help inspire long lean muscles.

I've never done any of the original mat workouts so I'm intruigued that the arms are longer/more challenging. Don't get me wrong, the Omni Meta ones are a good workout, but I can get through the entire arm workout with day 1 of each workout. Something more challenging may be needed. Which of the original mat workouts do you think is the best, or are they all good? Since she has new workouts now I've seen sales on the older dvds. I also have her mini tramp and the accompanying mat/tramp cardio workout but I have yet to try it.

My replacment dvd should be here this week.!

Stay in touch -
    ~j
  • Balestrina
    Options
    Ok, found the MAT online.
    Arms:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rRImiR8YzM scroll to 11:50 and then load part 3 too. The arms session should run in a total of approx. 15 mins. Bummer a session is broken in 2 videos.

Warm up/cool down: I use this MAT for these parts, beginning and end.

Hope this is of help. x
  • JRadd14
    Options
    TY!
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I also find the arms and abs do-able but the lower body so hard ... ive just been building up the reps and progressing each day.
    Im glad im not the only one who felt this way :-)
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options
    I also find the arms and abs do-able but the lower body so hard ... ive just been building up the reps and progressing each day.
    Im glad im not the only one who felt this way :-)
    Much Love
    xoxo

Absolutely.... I do the arms and think "Ok, I can do this!", then the abs.. "Ok, these are a bit tough, but do-able", then I get to the legs and its "What on earth did I get myself in to! Tracy!!", Lol....
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    lol exactly ... and she looks like she's not even breaking a sweat! xoxo
  • mdelcott
    Options

I have convinced myself she does the leg moves about 5 times and then they loop it to get to the desired reps. Cause there is NO way any normal human can get through the workout with out breaking a sweat. She doesnt even have a sheen, whereas I am dripping sweat off my nose onto my mat!!
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I have convinced myself she does the leg moves about 5 times and then they loop it to get to the desired reps. Cause there is NO way any normal human can get through the workout with out breaking a sweat. She doesnt even have a sheen, whereas I am dripping sweat off my nose onto my mat!!

She's a machine!!! It's almost scary :noway:
  • mdelcott
    Options

She's a machine!!! It's almost scary :noway:

Amen to that!!! I wish I was half as good at it as her.
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @mdelcott - Love your avatar!!! That's exactly how I feel! :drinker:

I'm doubling up my MS - I'm currently doing glute 1.1.1 and omni 1.1.1. I know it's totally against the rules, but my burn is amazing and my clothes are already feeling a bit loser. Which centric are you doing?