100% Paleo for July - anyone with me?

Options
momof2osaurus
momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
I'm starting Crossfit on July 1st (EEEEP!) and my eating has not been where I want it to be. Not even close if I'm being honest. So when I start CF, I'm also going to start a 31-day 100% paleo challenge. So far the participants of the challenge are...me! Anyone want to join me??

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    Options
    Yay! :)

I'm not doing a Whole 30 because I don't think I'll make it without Paleo treats. Lol.
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Is there a good Primal food challenge list? ie one that will allow diary? The only other thing I'd "have" to have is caffeine. I have WAY too much stuff going on to fight that battle right now. Staying away from my bad foods will be enough of a challenge for now. Normally I do fairly well but I've been slipping a lot lately. A month challenge would be good for me.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a Whole 30 today, so I'm in!!!
  • samanthawilson26
    samanthawilson26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm In!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. My challenge is to remove grains. I'm OK with no sugar and no processed foods. Anyone experience the same and if so what was your process in removing grains.

We can use this thread to report in; say every Monday?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'll join in. July will be my month to fully drop beer. My only non-paleo food will be red wine, and sparingly.
  • laetitiab
    laetitiab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I'll be the French part of the team :)
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    Yay! :) I vote we check in every day, there's a lot of non-paleo damage that can be done in a week!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    LOL, baby steps it is!

I haven't committed to 100% because I will still be taking communion at church on Sundays (have been for the past 5 weeks, though I've been 100% outside of that time). Just call me 99.9 percent "in".
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Oops, today is the 1st of July! So, I had a Starbucks Latte with some vanilla syrup in it. I also had a Kind bar.. though that is probably not too bad since it was a fruit and nut bar. I'll be good for now on! I'm just going to try and follow Mark's challange as he details it here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/take-the-30-day-challenge/#axzz2Xowk14w5

That will be more doable for me.
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    July 1st, done! This is actually day 2 for me, I started yesterday so I didn't feel horrible at CF today. How's everyone else doing??
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    hey nice people!
    I started a whole 30 today and i will be blogging about it so if anyone wants to add me feel free=)
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Making up for it tonight, Primal Taco Salad. Yum (no chips, beans, rice)
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm all in.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Although today doesn't count because I had some rice. And cake. Delicious cake.

I've been slacking too much the past few weeks and I'd really like to restart.
  • laetitiab
    laetitiab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good day. I eat primal, not paleo, because I can't give up on cheese. I didn't work out, but I felt in a really good and energetic mood.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I think I had a pretty good day. The only two things anyone would question would be a Hint Essence Water (I couldn't find coconut water) and some Dr. Mercola Miracle Whey protein powder.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Whole30 went awesome...looking forward to day 2!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I started Crossfit back in May and also started a Paleo challenge at my gym July 1st 2013. I gave away all Non-Paleo food from my pantry and fridge/freezer. I am 100% in. Only meat veggies and fruits are in my house. My entire house is all in, which makes it alot easier.

Day 1 was good, and it makes it a lot easier when the food has nothing to temp you. The challenge is for 90 days and I plan to stick to it 100%

Good luck to everyone
  • lizibk
    lizibk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OK Im in..slightly late to the party though oops. Am doing primal not paleo (cant do without the dairy!)..
    I dont really have a problem sticking to the primal foods (with primal treats...) but I really need to watch my portions as got 10lbs to lose.