MFP Grand Tour Cycling Challenge - Discussion/Signup Thread

Options

Replies

• CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I will be riding tonight - 106 degrees at the start and we are going to be looking at some elevation hopefully (going to be riding with the wife of a ride buddy who just got a new Trek Domine today :smile: )
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Avg Temperature: 104.8 °F
    Min Temperature: 91.4 °F
    Max Temperature: 107.6 °F

Ugly temps today for my ride but I was glad to get out there.
  • Bram61
    Bram61 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in and take #326?
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    #321 is available - I am withdrawn from the Challenge.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    #321 is available - I am withdrawn from the Challenge.

We'll fill up the rest of the numbers from 326 onwards. If you're out mate - so be it.
  • Bram61
    Bram61 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    321 - Dahamac
    322 - glenncomisky
    323 - RoadkingDavid
    324 - CentralCaliCycling
    325 - daz_automatic
    326 - Bram61
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in and take #326?

you're in :smile:

Dossard_326.jpg
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Welcome onboard Bram!
  • tvcjosh
    tvcjosh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    howdy folks,

Really sorry for being so MIA lately, but due to some pressing personal matters, I'm going to have to drop out of the tour :( Cheering you all on from the sidelines.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    howdy folks,

Really sorry for being so MIA lately, but due to some pressing personal matters, I'm going to have to drop out of the tour :( Cheering you all on from the sidelines.

Hey - sometimes life just does that... I've a bit of first hand experience of that myself. No worries, it's only a madman at the other side of the pond coming up with damned fool ideas anyway.
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    First, My apologies to Team 2 for not riding much these last 5 days. (1 day in the saddle). I had an equipment failure on my bike and I've been in the shop sorting out the warranty coverage and getting my backup bike ready for riding. I'll be back on the bike starting today.

Secondly, I will be away on vacation starting tomorrow for 6 days. I'm planning on riding my bike daily but won't have internet access or reliable phone access to log into Strava. I hope to make a couple of trips into town to post rides if there is a public internet café in the local town.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    First, My apologies to Team 2 for not riding much these last 5 days. (1 day in the saddle). I had an equipment failure on my bike and I've been in the shop sorting out the warranty coverage and getting my backup bike ready for riding. I'll be back on the bike starting today.

Secondly, I will be away on vacation starting tomorrow for 6 days. I'm planning on riding my bike daily but won't have internet access or reliable phone access to log into Strava. I hope to make a couple of trips into town to post rides if there is a public internet café in the local town.

don't worry about it, post 'em when you're back home - as long as I know you're away for a bit, it'll save me pestering you for data...

Same goes for anyone else BTW - during the event it's no big deal if you can't post for a couple of days (other than making it a bit of a guesswork job for your team-mates to work out if they need to do a bit of extra distance to make up the km's...) as long as you let me know you're going to be MIA for a while :laugh:
  • cyclenut64
    cyclenut64 Posts: 154
    Options
    While on my stage 8 century ride I had issues again with rear flats. Stopped in LaGrange at a bike shop to purchase more tubes and the shop guys recommended I run a lower pressure 100 to 110. I was running 120 I hope running a lower pressure helps!
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with over heating this year while riding in temps above 84 degrees. Not really sure why. To compensate, I'm riding at night and in the morning. I'm riding much stronger this year than last, so I"m feeling good. But, the heat really gets to me now. I guess it's because I am an old, old man now.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Sorry everyone - i've been slacking a bit on the results spreadsheet, due to computer problems (my system's got a "thermally intermittent" problem - i.e. when it gets a bit hot, it loses one of the hard drives.)

Anyway - I've had a bit of a catch up session and everything should be entered up now...

http://www.editgrid.com/user/thebigyin/MFP_LeTour_Challenge_2013
  • KansasRider
    KansasRider Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    oh - and one slight change from last time - this time, if you have more than one ride in the same day, enter the total amount of distance, altitude gain and time, then just show the separate links to the GPS logs - adding 2 rides a day for you commuters is do-able - adding 2 rides a day together for maybe 10 people every day for 21 days wears a little thin :laugh:

That's me told :blushing:

:lol::laugh:

UH.. just saw this.. I'll fix it in a few.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sorry Team 1, between family drama and tack-infested roads I missed 3 days of riding last week and the day I can ride (and feel like it) is a rest day. Oh well. Seriously considered abandoning the challenge this morning but a little voice in my head said, "meditate on rule 5 ... *****". I'm in a much better frame of mind now. Just needed a bit of mental re-adjustment.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Sorry Team 1, between family drama and tack-infested roads I missed 3 days of riding last week and the day I can ride (and feel like it) is a rest day. Oh well. Seriously considered abandoning the challenge this morning but a little voice in my head said, "meditate on rule 5 ... *****". I'm in a much better frame of mind now. Just needed a bit of mental re-adjustment.

Just had a quick look at your declared rides - think you may have got a couple of the tracklogs on the wrong lines or something similar... next ride, if you could give them a once over and swap the strava links to match up. Cheers.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie Team 2, I'm back and can once again strap my cycling shoes. Now if this God forsaken rain will let up I will log some miles, oops I meant kilometers. Sorry y'all, my mind and health haven't been in a good place, but it's all coming around.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Just had a quick look at your declared rides - think you may have got a couple of the tracklogs on the wrong lines or something similar... next ride, if you could give them a once over and swap the strava links to match up. Cheers.

Pretty sure I got it all sorted. Hope the way it's set-up for the daily doubles works ok. If I'm off let me know.
This discussion has been closed.