Round 1 : days 1-10

Options

Replies

• AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone on getting the workouts done. :flowerforyou:

I've been working most of the week and hardly at home so I have not done anything, not even my lovely Zumba. I've still burned calories, but I've not done 30DS for a week. :huh: Don't know if I'll keep going or not - so exhausted at the moment I can't even think of doing anything that might be termed as "exercise" :noway:

Keep going all. :happy:
  • salemat
    salemat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Quick Trouble Zones done. Feels like nothing after BFBM. lol
  • anna_louise90
    anna_louise90 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Had an impromptu day off yesterday, so I did QTZ today, and onto day 8 tomorrow! Is anyone doing additional exercise on top of this challenge? I'm not seeing any weight come off, so thinking I might have to up the cardio?
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    anna_louise 90:
    I was a little late starting so today was only day 7 for me, but I did have a slight loss this week (and I did miss the No More Trouble Zones days; might try to make one up with tomorrow's workout). I have been eating back none to half of my exercise calories. If you are ending week 2, weeks 3 and 4 look a lot more intense so that might start your weight loss without you having to add in more cardio. However, if you feel additional cardio is needed, definitely add it as you might be at a higher fitness level than I am. :) It is all I can do to do the program as suggested! Also I have heard many people say that especially with the 30 Day Shred, the weight loss occured after the program ended because of water retention in the muscles during the program. Since this is a combo of her videos, I don't know if the same would apply here or not. I just wanted to offer my opinion on your question! :)
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Back into it again after five days off! I was up to day 9 (shred L2) buuuut I decided to do day 8 again to ease myself back into it :laugh:

So, day 8 Shred L1 complete ... again!
  • lharper01
    lharper01 Posts: 29
    Options
    BFBM today kicked my butt. Couldn't finish it. I'm used to the shorter workouts of 30DS. I guess I'll have to work up to finishing it, too.
  • anna_louise90
    Options
    anna_louise 90:
    I was a little late starting so today was only day 7 for me, but I did have a slight loss this week (and I did miss the No More Trouble Zones days; might try to make one up with tomorrow's workout). I have been eating back none to half of my exercise calories. If you are ending week 2, weeks 3 and 4 look a lot more intense so that might start your weight loss without you having to add in more cardio. However, if you feel additional cardio is needed, definitely add it as you might be at a higher fitness level than I am. :) It is all I can do to do the program as suggested! Also I have heard many people say that especially with the 30 Day Shred, the weight loss occured after the program ended because of water retention in the muscles during the program. Since this is a combo of her videos, I don't know if the same would apply here or not. I just wanted to offer my opinion on your question! :)

Thanks greatmom, I've decided to add in a little run if I can fit it into the schedule, as I don't want my C25K work to go to waste! Also going to try and eat clean and log everything. It sounds so simple, why didn't I just try harder at this before lol! I've only just done day 8, so will give it some time :smile:
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I definately think there is something to the water retention idea. I hadn't seen any weight loss then I had 3 u scheduled days off and suddenly my weight dropped 1kg overnight. Now that I've started back up again my weight has gone up again by just over half kg. I know when I did 30ds I noticed more weight loss a few days after I finished, I think measuring is a bigger indicator - I measure my waist the other day and it looks like I've lost 1.5 inches in the last 10 days. So that motivates me to keep going,
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    I definately think there is something to the water retention idea. I hadn't seen any weight loss then I had 3 u scheduled days off and suddenly my weight dropped 1kg overnight. Now that I've started back up again my weight has gone up again by just over half kg. I know when I did 30ds I noticed more weight loss a few days after I finished, I think measuring is a bigger indicator - I measure my waist the other day and it looks like I've lost 1.5 inches in the last 10 days. So that motivates me to keep going,
    That is a really great change in measurement in 10 days! Well done!!
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    Day 9 Shred L2 - not as bad as I remembered. I guess I am fitter and stronger second time around :drinker:
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    Day 10 QTZ. :drinker:
  • greatmom2
    Options
    Round 1: Days 1-10 complete!! I did essentially miss both days of the Quick Trouble Zones though, but I am still just going to move forward. I plan on doing this whole program again once I complete this 30 days, so I make sure not to miss them next go around.
    I have to say that so far, the No More Trouble Zones has been the hardest for me! With the others, I have been able to at least do most plank exercises in plank position (again, I say mostly because I am still working on a very weak upper body and abs, so there were points I would have to revert to knees), but with No More Trouble Zones, my arms were already worked to exhaustion by the time the very first plank exercise came about, so I was unable to do any of the full plank exercises in that one. I had to do all of those using the knee modifications. I also use lighter weights than most others, but I still feel I am making progress for my own strength level! :)
    Looking forward to Round 2 starting tomorrow!! Very motivated by the progress of others!!
  • anna_louise90
    Options
    Day 10 done! I *think* I might have lost 0.5 inches off the waist, but also may just be due to digestion haha.
  • greatmom2
    Options
    Okay, so since I skipped 2 workouts in my original days 1-10 and skipped 3-4 more workouts during my days 10-20, I decided to start over and keep to schedule in order to make sure I see the best results possible instead of continuing on with days 20-30 knowing I hadn't put my all into it (and that I would probably continue with the mode already set of skipping workouts).
    Today was my Day 1 again! I actually felt that since this week will be 'easy' compared to what it has felt like that I could push myself a bit today. I upped my weights a tiny bit which is a huge NSV for me as I have extremely poor upper body strength, and I also made it through the 1st cardio segment with having to modify the first set of jumping jacks to jogging! :) I was so excited!! I am still doing the knee modification for pushups though. Will probably take a while for me to move out of modifying those as they are still hard!!
    Looking forward to the rest of my daily workouts (as much as I can)!! :)
    I will update again once my days 1-6 (or 1-7 really since 7 is the rest day) is done!
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    That's great! I've missed so many days I'm tempted to start over too. I'm going to keep going until the end though, and then repeat it. Keep up the good work :smile:
  • greatmom2
    Options
    I really think it was the best decision to start over!! :) I have now gone through days 1-6 (with rest day #7 being tomorrow), and I can feel that it has been working me a lot more (perhaps could even say better) than originally when I either skipped days completely or missed days then made them up with another days workout! There is definitely something to the 'do something every day' approach this schedule has us doing! My legs definitely feel it more, and I had a muscle in my arm rebelling yesterday which led to me going easy on it, but not giving up the workout entirely because 1) of the reason already mentioned and 2) it was BFBM so not much arm work anyway! :)
    I am not really afraid of week 2 although I know (especially with staying on the schedule) that it will be a bit harder. I am really more afraid of week 3, 4, and the couple of days for week 5. :) I am just taking it a week at a time since that seems easier for me to think in terms of than 10 days at a time! :)
    Hope everyone else is still doing great!! :)
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    You're doing great. I've given up, and will try again when it's not winter and we're not so sick.
  • greatmom2
    Options
    :( I'm so sorry that you have been sick during this!! It really does make it really hard especially with a program like this where you really need to do it everyday or else your body goes into shock the next time you do it! :) I'm sure you know what I mean!! Yes, definitely try again once you have completely recuperated!! I will continue to update on here as well as several others it seems, so that at least you will know what type of results we all get! It always helps to know that when it comes to the motivation department!! :) Thank you for starting this group though as I feel that it has helped me to feel more accountable and stick with it and even the reason I decided to start again instead of continuing to cheat myself! Hope you get to feeling better!!
  • AnJulNZ
    Options
    I agree with the accountability. I always feel a greater sense of accomplishment when I come and post in the group after my workout!

Yes I do know what you mean!! Especially if I was up to one of the long workouts, I would go back and do Shred L1 for a couple of days before doing NMTZ or BFBM to "ease" myself back into it.
  • anna_louise90
    Options
    I'm starting over too, just had a week off and I don't think I could go straight back into week 3/4! Day 1 done :)