Bridge to 10K Challenge - Starts December

Options
13»

Replies

• christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I finished the c25k program a couple of weeks ago...have worked on my time and continuing to build on the foundation in preparation for a 5k race this Saturday. I plan on starting the bridge to 10k on Monday...I just found this group. If anyone is starting in the next week, please send me a friend request I would love to keep up with people about our progress. My plan is to do a 10k in April and then start working on half marathon training for Disney Food and Wine. :) Love this running bug!
  • seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game, but I started the Freeway to 10k last night -- listening to the podcast mix on my nano works better for me. My pace was pretty slow -- about 12 minute miles. I completed First Day to 5k last week and was averaging about 10 minute miles. Hopefully yesterday was just a fluke :)

How many days a week are y'all running?
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Excited to see this group! Just finished my first 5K (The Color Run) in Philly on July 14 in about 32 minutes - I was super happy about that!

So, I signed up for my first 10K in Atlantic City in October - and then *maybe* a half in Phoenix in March depending on how the 10K goes - we shall see. I'm super excited!

Running kicks my a** whether I'm doing a 12 or 10 minute mile - but I feel so great afterwards that it's worth the work. I just started running outdoors and I like that A LOT better than the gym which is too hot and filled with people!

In the few short months I have started to run, I feel it has already changed my life. I'm really looking forward to this helping shape who I am becoming and helping me get to my final weight goal - 25 lbs to go!

Thanks for the group, new friends!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Excited to see this group! Just finished my first 5K (The Color Run) in Philly on July 14 in about 32 minutes - I was super happy about that!

So, I signed up for my first 10K in Atlantic City in October - and then *maybe* a half in Phoenix in March depending on how the 10K goes - we shall see. I'm super excited!

Running kicks my a** whether I'm doing a 12 or 10 minute mile - but I feel so great afterwards that it's worth the work. I just started running outdoors and I like that A LOT better than the gym which is too hot and filled with people!

In the few short months I have started to run, I feel it has already changed my life. I'm really looking forward to this helping shape who I am becoming and helping me get to my final weight goal - 25 lbs to go!

Congratulations on your first 5k. That's a great time! Running has been a game-changer for me too. I'm excited to see where it will take us.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Congrats on your 5k, and wow on that time! Holy smokes. Seems you'll definitely be ready for a 10k in October. My first is late September so I look forward to sharing our progress. The excitement of rediscovering myself and what I'm capable of is definitely a highlight for me too. Life enhancing to be sure. Run on!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first 5K (The Color Run) in Philly on July 14 in about 32 minutes - I was super happy about that!

wow. nice time.i finish my first 5k (august 25th) in 36 min. i wanted to do that time exactly! :-)
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm game and looking for new exercise compatriots :smile:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yay! Though this is actually a really old thread...What do you think the challenge should be?