Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So far the naproxen has been great for the pain. I am going to see about a same day appointment with my doctor on monday.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's a relief to hear you're in less pain.

I'm impressed that you've stuck with the challenge through all of this. Take a break if you need to, though, okay?
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Sorry you in pain,hopefully the doc can sort it out for you, :flowerforyou:
  • caradae
    Options
    My husband took the kids camping this weekend. I celebrated having 'alone time' with lots of candy and some alcohol. (I didn't exceed my calorie budget... I just didn't eat anything healthy all weekend.) I'm hoping my new job, which is fairly physical, will cancel out the effects of last weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

The "good" news is, I feel like crap after a weekend of eating nothing but. I'm not sure it was worth it. Hopefully, in the future, I'll remember how I feel right now and not do it again.
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    Lost another 1.6
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @phillys: Awesome!

@caradae: Yeah, I've had a lot of...low nutrient food recently. We had some out-of-town guests that brought snacks and left them here. Just finished up the last bag of chips at dinner. *pats belly* Those won't be a problem anymore! :)

My update: This is the most embarrassing thing I've admitted here. After being sedentary for so many years, I forgot how to breathe. I didn't realize this, until I did deliberate breathing during my walk today, which of course led to my best time ever, with less fatigue! I feel so dumb.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Caradae, just ask me to remind you next time you have some alone time, we all learn in time, glad to hear that people can be honest in our group, well done, :flowerforyou:
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    Do you guys change your activity level regularly? When I first started I set mine to sedentary because I wasn't very active. Since then I have started working at a very high activity job and do a daily 30 minute workout. Im just trying to make sure I'm on the right path.
  • GormanGhaste
    Options
    Mfp's activity level is for what you do when you aren't exercising. So the 30 minute workout would not count towards it, as I assume you're recording that in your exercise log. The highly active job would count towards your activity level, so I definitely would change your activity level.
  • caradae
    Options
    I played around with MFP's settings. I noticed that if you tell MFP that you're highly active in your daily routines, MFP wil give you a calorie budget that accounts for your highly active life. If, on top of that, you report in your daily exercise log all of your daily routines, it's like you're telling MFP that you're doing double the activity that you're actually doing. Does that make sense?

I keep my initial settings at sedentary and report all of my activity individually.
  • KLWelty
    KLWelty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love how this challenge is helping me to establish better habits. Thank you for hosting it!
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    Caradae - that's what I've been doing too. Just wanted to make sure that was okay to do
  • caradae
    Options
    It's all okay. Unlike last month, in July and in future months you pick your own goal. So, if you want to go along with what MFP says you should eat, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. Just as long as you have a calorie limit of some sort that you can measure yourself by, you're good.
  • caradae
    Options
    My update: This is the most embarrassing thing I've admitted here. After being sedentary for so many years, I forgot how to breathe. I didn't realize this, until I did deliberate breathing during my walk today, which of course led to my best time ever, with less fatigue! I feel so dumb.

Haha. If you forgot how to breathe and you're still alive, that makes you super-human, not dumb.

I know what you mean, though. I always forget to breathe when I'm working out. It's something I have to keep at the forefront of my mind, or I'll do it wrong every time.
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    I decided to leave it on the sedentary setting. That gives me a calorie goal of 1490 before I add in all my activity at work or my exercise routine. I find it easier to regulate things that way.
  • GormanGhaste
    Options
    Ran across this earlier, thought it was worth sharing:

http://www.coachcalorie.com/difference-positive-attitude-makes-in-fitness/
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @GormanGhaste thank you for the link. For the first time in my life I have given up being Jane and become John. And with this challenge the threat of being eliminated, has kept me within my calories and I am exercising like never before to make sure I have enough calories to get me through the day. (with a glass of wine)
    My husband and I are going to a friends for dinner Saturday night but I know I will be able to do it and stay within my calorie limits. I'll go out and take a few laps around the block if I have to. LOL
    It's crazy I have tried WW so many times and failed. I know at WW they said to exercise but never pushed it. If you went over your calories and gained you could come back the next week, pay your money, and start over for the 100th time, For me it took Caradae to say you have to track your food every day, not some days. You have to exercise every day for 20 minutes , I'm usually over an hour, and you can't go over your calorie allotment ever.
    Caradae, MFP, Map My Walk and my Fitbit have changed my life. I've set a record for myself for my commitment since I joined MFP in May . And thank you to all my MFP friends for their continuing support.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Well done moneil125. It does help having a strict group, keeps me under my calorie limit even if the choices are not always good,
  • caradae
    Options
    I feel so good hearing that, moneil. This group wouldn't be what it is without you guys. And you all keep me on track too--so thank *you*.
  • MrsMck22
    MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So. Its friday night and i want hungry jacks. I have enough calories left over from the week to put it in, but not just from today. I'm torn.........