Show Us Yer Bike...

Options

Replies

• indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well...it took some building, but I managed to take an S-Works Roubaix SL3 frameset and a shed-load of cash into this:

SL3.jpg

I was surprised how many tools I needed. I thought a set of allen keys and a screwdriver would do it. I didnt even know what a bearing drift was until a few weeks ago! Its unridden as yet, so the saddle and bars dont quite look right.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Well...it took some building, but I managed to take an S-Works Roubaix SL3 frameset and a shed-load of cash into this:

SL3.jpg

I was surprised how many tools I needed. I thought a set of allen keys and a screwdriver would do it. I didnt even know what a bearing drift was until a few weeks ago! Its unridden as yet, so the saddle and bars dont quite look right.

Looks a lovely machine
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Very nice. What kind of seat post is that?
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options

Specalized "Cobble Gobbler" if i'm not mistaken...

Nice looking bike, a bit "sit up and beg" with the stem flipped like that and the bars up like cowhorns, but as you've said it's not yet finalised so i'll STFU.
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Specalized "Cobble Gobbler" if i'm not mistaken...

You certainly know your stuff, TBY. Pulled down from the SL4 to replace the standard Pave that comes with the SL3.

The bars look so much worse on the picture than when you get down and eyeball it at bar level. I'm almost too embarassed to take it out for an installation lap thinking the bars look like that. However, I cant be bothered to get the torque wrench out, so it'll do for now.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    NICE..
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Bling-tastic!
  • grahamsimmons
    Options
    Hey guys, newbie to the site here. I recently had this little number built up as an upgrade from my 1988 steel Peugeot.

6.6kg all in!

eKH1jNyh.jpg

There's a huge album of images here, including the bike against a blank wall for you purists! http://imgur.com/a/ebkEC#0

Cheers
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Nice - i've not heard of the make before, but it reminds me very much of one of the chinese open-mould jobs - iirc the FM-015 from Dengfu...
  • pryme57
    pryme57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Trek Madone 3.1

2013-07-21082519_zps33929655.jpg
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just added to the stable today, as yet unridden - still got pedals to get & put on...tiny bit exited :-D

atvw40.jpg
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    62ef7fca-ba38-4db0-9409-5611ddb6a9a5_zps17eb379a.jpg

8960388f-0a66-413e-ac30-04f8ad753fd9_zps46fa92c1.jpg

I take current pictures before I travel with bikes so if there is an issue I have current pictures to support claims....I sure hope not.

But as I was doing this I thought it was a good time to post this years bikes.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

cool!
  • beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I take current pictures before I travel with bikes so if there is an issue I have current pictures to support claims....I sure hope not.

But as I was doing this I thought it was a good time to post this years bikes.

I just let out a little man wee.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

I think those DA wheels would look great on an adult-sized bike - preferably a black and while one, with the odd red detailing, maybe one that hails from Ormskirk... :wink:
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics, otherwise I would.....
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I think those DA wheels would look great on an adult-sized bike - preferably a black and while one, with the odd red detailing, maybe one that hails from Ormskirk... :wink:

Yes sir those wheels have served me well. They flat roll through corners crazy smooth. Shimano did themselves proud staying away from caged bearings. I run the DA C24's tubeless with Hutchinson's Fusion 3 tubeless tires for all the training miles. Love that setup. Tires seem to never flat and last forever !!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I'm thinking seriously about trying the new Schwalbe Ultremo tubeless tyres on my Ultegra's next tyre-swap time... not 100% sure I'm good enough a rider to be worrying about the "marginal gains" from it, but I do love to experiment... and when Schwalbe state that the Ultremo tubeless is the best rolling tyre they make - including their tub's... well - it's got to be worth a look.
  • ghost15026
    ghost15026 Posts: 80
    Options
    WP_20130602_019_zpsb0eea458.jpg

Yeah, more hardware and money than sense for me. It's just my placebo to ride. Wouldn't mind a set of Reynold's 40mm+ but alas. At least I don't think I feel entirely alone.

Head over here for the tutorial to post images:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/540392-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I added this to my collection this week

9378657637_4a8dd958c4_z.jpg

The plan is 'Restomod'.

Modern 700c Wheels, CF Forks/Post, bullhorns (I hate drops), down-tube SIS shifters 105 drivetrain etc.

Probably going to run a 50/34 compact with a 9spd 12-26 out back for hills.....

Also snagged this shot of my Mountain bike this morning.

9378659375_7d9aef9466_z.jpg

It is an Access frame built with an XT drive-train and little regard for style....

It is pretty light and extremely fast over rough terrain and almost tolerable on the pavement too...