Like Minded Lushes - July 2013

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Stressful day yesterday = 2 margaritas and 3 glasses of wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far things are pretty quiet and I am able to clean up all the things I haven't been able to get to today. Think boss is down at his boat (F#@&er) so hopefully I won't have to see his face today.

Tonight after work we are going for a jog...the weather is just about perfect here today...84 and sunny. Tomorrow we are brewing our second batch of beer....Highland Hop Scotch Ale, which is a scotch ale...after secondary fermentation we are going to age 1/2 in apple brandy chips YUMMY :drinker: .
    This is one of the first weekends we've had in a quite a while that we don't have plans, so I am very excited...just me and my babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I joined you last night Kate...Lushy last night for sure....girlfriend came over and we shared a bottle of wine which disappeared way to fast...then, we moved on to vodka. I think 7 just might be an accurate number. Your beer sounds awesome.

Monday, 3
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 7
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, ???

I am going to try and stay at the 14 mark this week...I work 12 tomorrow and 12 on Sunday so I should be lush-free this weekend.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Had the usual 5 each night this week. Last night (my Friday) I had Cuervo silver a friend gave me. Gawd, it was good. Too good. My head hurts a bit today. My friends are gone, left yesterday. I will miss them. This weekend should be a little more quieter
    than last week. I won't count on less alcohol .....I got to finish off the tequila tonight. LOL :wink:

Have a good weekend all! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

Hanging out with mom and Gram today but I think I'll hold off on wine because the best friend texted me yesterday and said she needed a BFF day ASAP so we're grabbing dinner and drinks tonight :smile: Now it's time to get my butt in gear, eat something and then work out!

Haaaaappppy Friday! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed Kat!
    I went for the vodka last night too...but after my 90 min workout yesterday and time in the sun..I was too tired to drink lol. So I actually threw my last one out (which never happens in this house)
    I went to bed early and feel good today. Another workout today and my usual shrimp taco friday with the husband tonight. Probably wine
  • Kat120285
    Options
    To be honest I am too SoCal haha. Three weeks ago I would have said I was the lushiest lush on the thread given the amount of wine consumed. I also would have scoffed at the idea of multiple 0's in a row but it's funny how the desire to really start shedding pounds kicks you in the *kitten* and gets you on top of things :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I've done my planning and I am gearing up to kcik the lbs butt. However, I will be drinking wine tonight.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Wife is visiting her girlfriends tonight. It's just me and the dogs and so far a vodka, gin and tonic and a whiskey and soda. That way I can say I only had one drink. (of each) :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    haha at one of each, Gary.

Wine for me last night. I had a quiet night with my book. It was great.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    So this week so far:

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 3 teeny glasses of wine with Mom and Gram, 3 tall bud lights with the best friend, 1 regular glass of wine at home.

Best friend and I agreed we need to have BFF days instead of nights. We were already exhausted at 8:15 so when she dropped me off at home at 10:30 I was done. I can't stay out late anymore, though I already knew this haha.

Going to lunch with husband in a bit so there will be wine and then maybe margs on the deck with my friend Eve :glasses:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :flowerforyou:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of 0s, Kat!

I had a 0 last night-on a Friday!
    I slept well and feel good today. Going to the Rockies game, though so I will probably overdo it tonight!

So, this week:
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=3 beers
    Tuesday=3 beers and a Budarita
    Wednesday=0 drinks
    Thursday=glass white wine, 2 budlights
    Friday=0 drinks
    Saturday=probably three beers but they are 24 oz!

Overall that's three 0s, not bad :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 beers
    Team loss
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Beer .....lots of beer.....

we brewed made pretzels and cheese steaks for dinner....im exhausted! But mmmm beer....

Amy still want that pretzel recipe please!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    sounds fun, katie!

mellow day here yesterday. I think husband wants to head to the brewery for lunch today after running some errands....beer will be had by him..I usually stick with vodka. Should try to get in some exercise 1st but also thinking I need a rest day. We shall see.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    Been reading but haven't been posting because I don't remember what I have been drinking because I haven't been logging because the website is malfunctioning and I can't get to any pages of my meals besides the 1st one and i have all my drink combinations listed as meals and I am too lazy to look up all the stuff in the database. If any of you followed what I said, you obviously have more room to drink.

Ciao!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Lots yesterday at Happy Hour with husband, low key day today sipping wine and relaxing.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi all, right in the middle of a 12, 8, 12, 8 hour shifts....then, off to Chicago for family and fun....only Nicholas is coming with me. My family is quickly dissipating before my very eyes.

I am at 15 for the week - over by one. I think....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday is a bit embarrassing. :blushing:
    1/2 bottle of champagne
    2 double vodkas
    1 Sailor Jerry's
    1 double Aha Toro Anejo
    1 Hornsby
    4 glasses of white wine.

I don't feel so hot today:sick: but I was clearing out all the alcohol so I can aim for zeros:bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Yesterday....4 margaritas (we opened and polished off the bottle) and 1/2 bottle of wine. I don't feel HORRIBLE today but I don't feel great either.
    We had a great weekend, it makes me so sad when I have to come back to work on monday morning :cry:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I drank more days than not last week, but moderated well. I had quite a few drinks Thursday though (2 dirty martinis, 3 glasses of white, and a vodka drink) and then made up and only had 2 ciders Friday. Saturday had 2 drinks at late lunch, big glass of wine before my 5k, ran a 5k (Glow Run), had 2 tiny vodka drinks at the race after party I count as one, and then finished up with 2 glasses of wine in the hot tub after the 5k and after party. Yesterday I had a glass of wine, 2 (I think) beers, 2 vodkas, and bit of a Budarita, so ended up 24 for the week, double my "goal"..... :blushing: Still, proud that I didn't binge drink at all. Especially on Saturday which was kind of an all day drinking spree with a race in the middle. Tonight I may have a bit of wine. Then hopefully one or two 0's at some point.