Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    YAY Liz!!! You are in such great shape!!

For me, this morning my sweet DH was leaving for work and "felt my shoulders by sliding hands downward on my arms and said "Oh Wow...you feel real firm"....LOL!! I guess all this strength training with the dumbbells and push-ups is showing out...LOL!!

lol Thank you!

I've seen the pic of your "guns" so I know you've got 'em! I don't know how you use those heavy dumbbells! Great work. :wink:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    NSV today. DH said: You know, bein at the beach yesterday, I realized...uh, well I don't need to be reminded that you're hot, but it just suddenly all made sense, what you've been doin, that, you know, my wife looks really good and really takes care of herself.

!!! I was blown away by him saying that, because I'm not even close to where I want to be, but I appreciate that he is recognizing my progress and effort.

And add to that that my son was telling me the plot to a cartoon and said: And there was this girl who exercises and stuff, y'know like you Mom, and ....

felt goooood!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am excited today to "officially" report body stats as a whole since starting TUFF! I took preliminary stats on Friday but should have waited at least 48 hrs for my body to adjust (swelling of muscles to decrease).

I've lost 2 lbs so far, decreased body fat from 34.1% to 31.7%, lost 4.75 inches in all areas of the body but increased 1/4" in the forearm (must be from that offestting of weights I use..lol). I have progressed in the amounts of weights lifted, too. If you have a Jefit account and on my friend listing (everyone should really look into it), you are able to view my info.

What is more important to me than weight is to see a decrease in Body Fat. Ladies, this should be the area that is important for you as well. It is not unusual to maintain weight or even gain but still decrease your body's fat composition. It means you are leaning out...muscle replacing fat....so PLEASE focus on measuring and calculating your body fat.

Happy dancing today!!

Sherry - love it!! See....you think others don't notice what we do but those closet are paying attention and gave such fantastic compliments in their own way!!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Another NSV. Well, sortof. The ring sling that I have for carrying my lil girl is not the one I would choose if I were to buy one, but it was a family hand-me-down and I have used the heck out of it through two kids and love it. However, it has padded rails, and as such, it can only be adjusted so far (unlike the simple cloth ring slings that can adjust as small as you need). Well, lately, I've reached the smallest I can adjust it, and I need to adjust it smaller (so that she's closer to my body, otherwise, if her weight is too far away from my core, it's alot more strain on my back). Anyway, the "NSV" part of it is that I've had to have gotten smaller around, for it to be basically "too big" for us now. The "sortof" part of it is that it's a real pain (literally), b/c I can't get her tight enough and so I have to continuously remind her to "come closer to Mommy" so that it doesn't hurt my back. Anyway, that's my recent NSV.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    NSV today. DH said: You know, bein at the beach yesterday, I realized...uh, well I don't need to be reminded that you're hot, but it just suddenly all made sense, what you've been doin, that, you know, my wife looks really good and really takes care of herself.

!!! I was blown away by him saying that, because I'm not even close to where I want to be, but I appreciate that he is recognizing my progress and effort.

And add to that that my son was telling me the plot to a cartoon and said: And there was this girl who exercises and stuff, y'know like you Mom, and ....

felt goooood!

Awesome! You're the hot, fit wife/momma!
    What is more important to me than weight is to see a decrease in Body Fat. Ladies, this should be the area that is important for you as well. It is not unusual to maintain weight or even gain but still decrease your body's fat composition. It means you are leaning out...muscle replacing fat....so PLEASE focus on measuring and calculating your body fat.

Totally agree! I'm going up on the scale for some reason, but I'm going to wait until I measure to get concerned. I haven't done it in a while.
    Another NSV. Well, sortof. The ring sling that I have for carrying my lil girl is not the one I would choose if I were to buy one, but it was a family hand-me-down and I have used the heck out of it through two kids and love it. However, it has padded rails, and as such, it can only be adjusted so far (unlike the simple cloth ring slings that can adjust as small as you need). Well, lately, I've reached the smallest I can adjust it, and I need to adjust it smaller (so that she's closer to my body, otherwise, if her weight is too far away from my core, it's alot more strain on my back). Anyway, the "NSV" part of it is that I've had to have gotten smaller around, for it to be basically "too big" for us now. The "sortof" part of it is that it's a real pain (literally), b/c I can't get her tight enough and so I have to continuously remind her to "come closer to Mommy" so that it doesn't hurt my back. Anyway, that's my recent NSV.

Good stuff! Only downside is needing a new sling! :wink:

My NSV is food related. I still have great difficulty resisting certain temptations. I really *hate* to waste food, so I was the one that would force myself to eat more just because it tasted so good. On two recent occasions, I threw the last bit of something I was eating away so that I wouldn't continue to pick at it after I was already full just for the sake of "finishing it". :drinker:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options

My NSV is food related. I still have great difficulty resisting certain temptations. I really *hate* to waste food, so I was the one that would force myself to eat more just because it tasted so good. On two recent occasions, I threw the last bit of something I was eating away so that I wouldn't continue to pick at it after I was already full just for the sake of "finishing it". :drinker:

That's a really good one. It means you are challenging your long-held habits in favor of your goals. Way to go! I have been working on the same thing for a long time and it's a tough habit to change. I read a book that said something to the effect of, "How is forcing yourself to overeat something NOT also WASTING food?" and something to the effect of "Either into the wastebin, or onto your waist." (either way, it's "wasted") Right? The author advocates leaving bites and throwing them in the trashcan and to NOT LET YOUR BODY BE THE TRASHCAN. I can consciously do it now...but unconsciously, if I'm sitting at a table chatting with extended family after Sunday dinner, I'll just keep nibbling at whatever's there. I guess I should volunteer to clear the table for them, but I also hate to accidentally kill the convo and run people off. Anyway, yay, yay, keep it up!!!!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Really good NSV Sherry & Liz!
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    In my household we have 2 dogs who get a few tasty leftovers along with their dry dog food ( nutrient rich variety) so there is no wasted food. With the very high cost of food it is good to know it goes to valued family members. All our pets both cats & dogs come from various animal rescue organizations & we always keep them for their whole lives. Every time we gone through a home inspection when adopting one we have got a high rating. We set our home up especially for our pets. Our indoor cats have floor to ceiling cat trees for example. Ok, that's probably more than you wanted to know.
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Donna, how interesting about your pets. We don't believe in wasting good food either. We tend to freeze leftovers for another meal in the near future.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Donna, that's a great way to "not waste" food. :smile: We have two cats who are 16 years old. It's strange that we've had our cats for 16 years, moved them with us over 5 times (including our trans-Atlantic move), take them on vacations sometimes, and they have been part of our family longer than our children!!!! Wild, isn't it?!:tongue: (Just don't tell them about your floor-to-ceiling cat trees, they'll wonder where THEIRS is! haha!)
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    Options
    Goal of dead lifting body weight is within sight. Dead lifted with a dumbbell of 50 lbs in each hand today. That's 100 lbs total.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Donna, that's great! You are progressing fast!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just bought my first pair of skinny jeans! They're going to look great with some boots this fall! =)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Just bought my first pair of skinny jeans! They're going to look great with some boots this fall! =)

That's great!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Very good NSV for Donna and Sammy!! WTG ladies!
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    Options
    Managed to do hanging leg lifts today as opposed to hanging knee lifts. Including sideways ones too.
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Work it Donna!! You have gotten so much stronger over the past few weeks that I've known you.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    Definitely a fantastic NSV, Donna! Love the strong ladies around here. :bigsmile:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Not exactly a "victory", but it's something......

I was looking at some of our beach photos tonight and I turned up in the background of some of the ones of my lil girl...on the beach...in the water...in my bathing suit. sigh. The good thing is that, when I zoomed in on myself, I realized that I look "skinny fat", instead of just plain "fat". I have no desire to be "skinny fat", and I'm gonna get on that situation asap, but you have to understand that Me in my mind's eye is really thick all over, but the person in those photos had some slightly skinny features here and there. IDK how to explain it. Let's just say that my body didn't take up nearly as much of the frame as I think it does, even if there is still fat there on the lovehandles, etc. I just KNOW that it won't take that much this Fall to whittle down that fat. So, "yay", sortof? haha
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    Options
    Sherry, strength training TUFF will do it for you.