Upcoming Races, what are yours?

Options

Replies

• jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    Mine big race I'm training for is the Spartan Beast in Monterey, CA on August 10th. Can't wait! Hopefully training for it will help me achieve some of my weight loss goal as well :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    5/19 SuperHero Half in Morrisstown, in preparation for my June 1 Tri-State Spartan in Tuxedo, NY

:bigsmile:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Ran the 4.9 mile spartan sprint in Montana last week. Toughest and greatest race ever.

Organizers have said it was the toughest sprint they've created. With all the climbing of mountainsides, would be tough to beat. Up next is my first 10K next month.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    September 29 2013 - Tough Mudder, Toronto

I went to the Spartan site to sign up for the Sprint in June, saw that they added a Beast in July and signed up for that instead. Gonna be a rough 2 months getting into shape for it.
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Next race is The Punisher June 1 in Hamilton, ON. I've been dealing with a heel injury for 2 months now, so not too hopeful for time :ohwell:
  • Hellguy76137
    Hellguy76137 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Spartan Beast in Glen Rose TX!! 12/14/13
  • sgrodaddy
    sgrodaddy Posts: 5
    Options
    -Adventure 5K : June 1st

-Foam fest with the wife : July 12th

-Spartan Sprint Amesbury, MA : Aug 11th

-100on100 Vermont 100 mile relay run: Aug 17th

-Marine Corps Marathon: October 27th

**More may be added**
  • Hellguy76137
    Hellguy76137 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Patriot, Jailbreak, Savage and Spartan Beast. Next year the Spartan trifecta.
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just did the Mud Dog Mud Run April 27th in Maryland.

September 21 is the Diva Dash in MD, then November 2nd I'm doing the Mud Dog Zombie Edition run...also Md.

Next year I would like to do the Mud Dog again but my 11 year old is thinking about running it, the MS Muckfest which is a little longer, and maybe the Rugged Maniac if they do a race late in the year. I'm also loosely considering the Tough Mudder at some point though I may not feel ready for that until 2015.
  • JeanMarieJ
    JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    October 19th my first Spartan race!!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    did on spartan sprint on may 25th in montreal, two sprints back to back on June 15th in Ottawa.
    Coming up are the super on June 30th in montreal and the beast in ottawa on July 21st.

I'm expecting the super to be easier than the two back to back sprint I did (15k. 1k vertical, 30 obstacles)
    Not sure how the beast will relate though, expecting it to be quite a challenge
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Doing my first Warrior Dash in August (Pocono) and my first Half in October...can't wait!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    did on spartan sprint on may 25th in montreal, two sprints back to back on June 15th in Ottawa.
    Coming up are the super on June 30th in montreal and the beast in ottawa on July 21st.

I'm expecting the super to be easier than the two back to back sprint I did (15k. 1k vertical, 30 obstacles)

The Montreal Super will more than likely be just like your back to back Sprints. It's at Tremblant so the climbing will be a plenty. I'll be there, doing back to back Supers. Girl has got to earn her Trifectas somehow!! (i'm the with the crazies at The Eh? Team.)
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Cap City Half Marathon 5/4/13 (my first half) DONE!
    Warrior Dash 6/1/13 (my 3rd) DONE!
    Color Run 7/20/13
    Superhero Scramble 8/3/13 Just signed up last night...never done this before, has anyone else???
    Ohio Zombie Run 10/12/13
    Hot Chocolate Run unsure of date
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mid-Atlantic Super Spartan August 24th (first ever!)
    Apocalypse Run September 1st
    MD/DC Ragnar Relay October 4th-5th

I might register for more towards the end of the year, but I'm not sure yet. We shall see!
  • jdoe0512
    jdoe0512 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Warrior Dash in Colorado this August. First time I've done one of these, so I'd like to check out this group and get some ideas of what to expect.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    2013 update -

Spartan Sprint 3/23/2013 - DONE 1:19:36
    Warrior Dash 6/1/2013 - DONE 38:01
    Orange County ROC 7/13/2013 - DONE (untimed, probably around 35 minutes)
    Super Spartan 8/24/2013
    Tough Mudder 9/7/2013
    Run for the Green half marathon 9/21/2013
    Spartan Beast 11/9/2013
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options

The Montreal Super will more than likely be just like your back to back Sprints. It's at Tremblant so the climbing will be a plenty. I'll be there, doing back to back Supers. Girl has got to earn her Trifectas somehow!! (i'm the with the crazies at The Eh? Team.)

at was actually less of a climb than edelweiss, but muddy as hell!
    managed to hurt my knee the week before player soccer and it ended with a locked knee (finished the super though) but could not make it to the beast. it is better now but no more beast in eastern canada so the trifecta will wait for next year.

Training for Philly's marathon now
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How about the Vermont beast? You can still get your trifecta with that.

Double Trifecta for me so far this year!

10 sprints, 2 super, 2 beasts

Next in line
    2 sprints, 2 supers and the Ultra Beast in vermont!
  • kapatts
    kapatts Posts: 19
    Options
    For the rest of the year, I'm lined up for the Super Spartan in NJ (9/7), Philadelphia Rock n Roll Half Marathon (9/15), Brooklyn Rock n Roll 10K (10/12) and the Philadelphia Marathon (11/17).

I can't wait to get my first blue Spartan medal. I've got three red ones already.