Weekly Weigh In - Fast Diet / 5:2

Options

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Check you out! Amazing loss :) Fingers crossed for another 2.6lbs next week :)
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I remember when I was 221 and all I wanted was to be under 200. Now I want to be under 180 and it just takes determination and not giving up going backwards instead of forwards one day at a time. Everyday I just ask myself what can i do TODAY to lose weight, not tomorrow or next week when I feel like it but TODAY not matter what emotional turmoil, party or whatever. The bottomline is that we can always make healthy choices no matter what.
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Goal Loss: 20 pounds
    Loss so far: 0
    Loss this week: 0

Gotta say, I am super disappointed with my first week, I didn't lose a single pound :(.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What a sheer, unadulterated pleasure and JOY it is to read about you WINNERS successes. I'm so proud of you all and your successes are such motivation to me. I thank GOD for this group----You girls ROCK, period.
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • lizz2013
    Options

Gotta say, I am super disappointed with my first week, I didn't lose a single pound :(.

Don't be too disappointed. I know its frustrating to not see the scales move, but stick with it. Give it another 3 weeks and if you don't see a change then maybe its not for you, but I'm sure you will in that time. How are you finding it?
  • greenbirdsings
    Options

Don't be too disappointed. I know its frustrating to not see the scales move, but stick with it. Give it another 3 weeks and if you don't see a change then maybe its not for you, but I'm sure you will in that time. How are you finding it?

Thanks, its nice to have the encouragement :)
    I found the first fast day to be really difficult but the fast I did yesterday was a lot easier.
  • lizz2013
    Options

Thanks, its nice to have the encouragement :)
    I found the first fast day to be really difficult but the fast I did yesterday was a lot easier.

I know that feeling! Sometimes I find it impossible. but it does get easier the more you do it. And if you find you can't do it one day, just move it to another day and try again :)
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it. WTF am I doing wrong. Another gain this week! So 2.2kg loss, then 200, same, 200 and 500 gram gains. It is really disheartening and I feel like giving up. At least this week I have reduced my alcohol somewhat, which was my mini goal - might drink my weeks worth tonight to drown my sorrows though! Going out dancing tonight with my hubby so will at least get some exercise in. Thoughts anyone .... ???thyroid
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Very happy - 2lbs off for me this week taking me to 6 1/4 in 2 weeks!

Managed 1lb loss before doing 5:2 so now just over half a stone off.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Gained 1lb this week :( but I know it's because I've eaten too much and not moved enough this week. If I can lose 4 lbs over the next 2 weeks I'll be back on track :) having Chinese tonight but that will be my only treat for the week I think. Don't want to be a fatty anymore!
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Goal loss: 11 lbs
    Loss to date: 3.3 lbs
    Loss this week: 1.8 lbs

(Two weeks 52, 4 fasts)
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lost about 2 pounds last week but gained a pound back this week.

I didn't overeat on non-fast days at all so I'm thinking it's just normal weight fluctuations. I weigh every morning so hopefully in a day or two it will go back down.

I have less than 10 pounds to lose so I figure it might take awhile.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    any loss is a win :) I think the less you have to lose the harder it is. In theory that means that losing 70lbs like I want to, should be easy....maybe it would be if I stopped eating sugar!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Goal Loss: 24-30 pounds of fat & flab...NOT muscle
    Loss to Date: Just starting=0
    Loss this week: Starting tomorrow=0

BodyFat% Loss: Just Starting=0

End of Week one 8-11-2013

Lost to date: 0...same weight as last week (YAY...that means NO GAIN:wink: )
    Body Fat% Loss....SUPER YAY--BF% down 2% @46...my BF% weight is 25%.

:love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :love: :love: :love: :drinker:

End of Week 2 8-18-13

Weigh in report...BLAST! I'm up .08 pounds--that's the bad news. The Okay news is my bodyfat% is the same. The GOOD news is: My jeans are fitting my waist much better, there is a wee bit of room, where-as 2 weeks ago, I could barely squeeze them on. My stomach is definitely looking a wee bit smaller too.

:smile: :drinker: :huh: :ohwell: :huh: :drinker: :smile:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    blame it on water retention. That's what I'm doing :) It could also be your muscles hanging on to more water because you're working them more. All other signs are positive so ignore the number on the scales this week :) You're doing amazingly!
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Goal loss: 20 lbs. (185 lbs. on the scale)
    Loss to date: I started 8 weeks ago and have lost 21 pounds.

I am looking for a loss this week. I have my TOM right now, and I usually retain water. Pants are looser though! :smile:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Goal loss: 20 lbs. (185 lbs. on the scale)
    Loss to date: I started 8 weeks ago and have lost 21 pounds.

I am looking for a loss this week. I have my TOM right now, and I usually retain water. Pants are looser though! :smile:

This is wonderful. I've been doing it for a few months but I eat too much so my progress isn't great. Only 10lbs loss. But going to cut back on treats and hopefully I'll reach 185 by new year :)
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No weight loss this week. It seems like my body is fighting against getting under 180 lbs! I guess since it has been soooooo long since I was that weight it does not want to cooperate with diet. My calorie intake has been good but perhaps too much fat and definitely too many carbs. Also missed Zumba on Saturday and that helps a lot, so I will double the Zumba for this next week :smile:
  • greenbirdsings
    Options
    No weight loss this week. It seems like my body is fighting against getting under 180 lbs! I guess since it has been soooooo long since I was that weight it does not want to cooperate with diet. My calorie intake has been good but perhaps too much fat and definitely too many carbs. Also missed Zumba on Saturday and that helps a lot, so I will double the Zumba for this next week :smile:

I love the positive attitude, I totally know what you're going through, and how fustrating that can be. This month I have been going up and down the same 2-4 pounds :( On the plus side, the dismay this tug-of-war caused is what lead me to the 5;2 diet and you guys! Although I'm only on my 2nd week I really think this diet is going to work!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fasting today, weighing in tomorrow. Fingers crossed!