introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I started IP last week. I have been on it before about 2 years ago, lost 30 pounds and kept it off till December when I had to deal with a lot of stress. I know it works, and I'm looking forward to losing the 30 again. And fitting into my size 8s! I am glad to harp e found this group for support.

Best,
    Sharon
  • sbrasel
    sbrasel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started May 5 and have lost thirty pounds. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be lighter? Having a pity party for myself thinking this is too hard and expensive but hoping I can sustain the loss and understand the science of this program and not slide back to old habits.
    I work in a hospital and see every day people who could prevent diseases caused by obesity. That's what keeps me going. It's EASY to avoid getting healthy. But one pound at a time is my goal.
  • caymanapril
    caymanapril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm entering my third week. Lost 10 pounds. I have 15 to go. So far, so good
  • conquerin_lioness
    conquerin_lioness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Today is my 5th day on IP..I have my first weigh in tomorrow and I'm really excited..I'm taking it one pound at a time, but it's inspiring to see those who have lost so much, and are actively trying to keep it off
  • aliciadub
    aliciadub Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone.

So I'm on my 5th week of IP, and I've lost 25 pounds. I'm so pleased with my results. It totally gives me motivation to keep going. I must say that the encouragement and accountability I have here at MFP is helping tremendously. So grateful!
  • sosborne42
    Options
    Hello! I have been on IP since March 2013. I ahve lost 63 lbs so far, but have slowed down this summer! I have another 40 lbs to go! Glad to have found this forum!
  • sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Sosborne42,

Why do you think you have slowed down? Feel free to friend me, I'm looking for IP friends here for encouragement and to help support.

Best,
    Sharon
  • mdc882000
    Options
    Hi I'm Maggie.....I'm on week 3 of IP and have been doing "OK" I weigh in on Wed so I'll see how I did on week 3. Since last weigh in I lost 8.5 lbs and 8 inches. So not bad. BUT...I have gone out with friends 2X and both times had a few drinks and ate some food not on the plan. That atmosphere is just so tempting for me....at least at this early stage. I need to find a better coping mechanism. Anyone else here in the Milwaukee WI area?
  • Vallerie88
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I am so excited to join an IP Club. I have so many questions and I want to know what other people are doing. I have been on this diet for 5 days now and I have lost 4.6 lbs! I'm so excited. If anyone has food ideas, advice, or anything please let me know. I am also nervous about what will happen when I phase off because I LOVE food. Would love to know how others stay so productive on this diet!
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear some different dinner ideas. I am getting bored with what I have been eating. I'm seriously tired of salads and broccoli/cauliflower!!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

My name is Claudette and I am on day 2 of IP and so far so good. I cannot wait for my first weigh in.

4 years ago I was down to my goal weight of 138 by diet and exercise and I felt pretty good and then I got lazy started eating horribly and stopped running.

When I weighed in at IP I was 172.2, with about 45 pounds to lose, but I am determined to do this and I hope with the support of my coach, friends and this group, I WILL do it.

Thanks
  • Vallerie88
    Options
    Good luck!! Ideal Protein will really help you along the way!
  • lisabusta
    Options
    Has anyone heard if it is ok to drink diet rite soda on ip? also what about sweet and low?
  • mncountrygirl79
    mncountrygirl79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tara and I'm in my second week on IP and have a weigh in friday but my first week I lost 6.5 lbs and 7.5 inches! Hope to reach my goal by New Years. How is everyone doing?
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tara and I'm in my second week on IP and have a weigh in friday but my first week I lost 6.5 lbs and 7.5 inches! Hope to reach my goal by New Years. How is everyone doing?

Hi Tara,

I have lost all the weight and started phase 4 officially today. I lost a little over 50 pounds in 5 months, and it was pretty effortless compared to calorie reduction.

Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • mncountrygirl79
    Options
    Thanks Susan! And well done! Can't wait to be where you're at!
  • mncountrygirl79
    Options
    Down 5 lbs and 8.5 inches after my second week :-D How's everyone else doing?
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Hi Tara, like SusanRN2b I have also lost an average of 8-10/month and am now starting Phase 3

I am discovering that IP works so well that it seems like people tend to drop out of this group after only a few months!! :-(
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Trisha and I have my introductory meeting with my coach on Friday! My mom has hit her goal and is on maintenace now and her success has pushed me to get started. I have cut back on discretionary spending so that I can afford this as a single Mom. The time is now and I am tired of the yo-yo. I think I have about 85 lbs to lose.
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Hi Tara, like SusanRN2b I have also lost an average of 8-10/month and am now starting Phase 3

I am discovering that IP works so well that it seems like people tend to drop out of this group after only a few months!! :-(

Very adroit observation. So true!!!